4x4 Development Outreach Pretoria to Kisangani

Tell us about your recent trip. Please add some photographs.
Johnnycongo
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux 4x4 3D 1999

4x4 Development Outreach Pretoria to Kisangani

Post by Johnnycongo »

:naah: For some time I have been contemplating a 4 or more 4x4 vehicle open business and community development outreach from Pretoria to Kisangani (3 500 km one way x2) via Victoria Falls, Livingstone, Lusaka, Mpulungu, along Lake Tanganyika onboard the 100 year old MV Lemba, via Bujumbura and Goma to Kisangani. Camera team and business/ entrepreneurial/ outreach developers as may be interested. I have tried, in early 2012, to challenge 4x4 manufacturers to kindly consider sponsoring and testing vehicles (roads exist and are passable). No joy yet. I also heard that Landrover, VW Amarok, BMW 4x4, Kia 4x4, Mitsubishi and other "tar roads only" showmanship 4x4 brands would be too soft and would not make it. My church friends are also too scared, - although I proposed that we deliver some letters of protest to rebel leaders and Conflict Minerals bosses in Goma as we pass through to Kisangani (Kisangani is being encouraged as a central Africa hub port and economic region). Now I pray to sonsult the Hilux 4x4.co.za experts. Any encouraging thoughts and inputs by Hilux 4x4 veterans and braves, please?
mushroom
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: krugersdorp
Vehicle: '16 Legend 45 DC 4x4M

Re: 4x4 Development Outreach Pretoria to Kisangani

Post by mushroom »

Wow Johan !!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sounds right up my alley, however that is quite a long time, and probably quite expensive :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

mmmmm, would have to give it some serious thought though....
Q20 if its stuck, duct tape if it moves :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:

Return to “Trip Reports”