UUgh, Ouch....

Tell us about your recent trip. Please add some photographs.
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

UUgh, Ouch....

Post by GI Jane »

Uuugh, the alarm went off this morning, and as I tried to get up I had aches and pains all over my body. I lay there for a moment wondering why my body was not happy to work along with me, and why there was sooo much pain... uugh, .... then I remembered. The day before, my alarm went off at 4.00 am, I jumped out of bed, made a cup of coffee, then made an additional flask of coffee, and buttered some banana bread. Placed these in a bag along with some cool drinks. In another bag I packed some additional change of clothing for the day and suntan lotion. By 4.45 am I was showered, dressed, had a cup of coffee and a smoke and was ready to leave home. My destination Zak's (Tokkie on the forum) house and then onto the Breede river.

The guys were busy loading the inflatables on to Zak's Hilux when I arrived, and then we were on our way... Zak had some visitors that he was taking paddling on the Breede and he invited me to join him.....

It was quite cool when we arrived at the river....
The river.jpg
(59.25 KiB) Downloaded 810 times
Zak, Pete and Christo inflated the boats, while I had the tough job of photographing them
The river 1.jpg
(80.92 KiB) Downloaded 810 times
The river 2.jpg
(87.57 KiB) Downloaded 810 times
Then Zak and Christo inflated the boats a bit more.....
The river 3.jpg
(120.19 KiB) Downloaded 810 times
and we waited for the guests to arrive, while we enjoyed some hot coffee and banana bread...
The river 4.jpg
(88.89 KiB) Downloaded 810 times
There's no more photo's of the trip, because from then on there's just water, water everywhere and I don't have a housing for my camera. So that was packed back into the hilux and driven to our landing destination.

We had a tail wind, yea right, like that was going to help me much.... :shock2: :shock2: :shock2: Had a couple of close encounters with the river banks, :blackeye: :blackeye: some white water rapids, (well little ones) that were quite fun. I spent most of the time trying to keep the boat straight so that we did not go down the river side ways. There were times my arms just could not anymore :? :? :? ... Zak seemed as though he barely needed to paddle in his boat while I felt like I was fighting the water the whole time.

Thanks Zak for a wonderful day on the river, loads of fun, and the great lunch along the way....

Thought only my arms and shoulders would be sore this morning, but not true, every muscle in my body is sore.....
Last edited by GI Jane on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Re: UUgh, Ouch....

Post by Donkey »

The good thing about those sore muscles is that you won't be smoking today :mocking: :lmao:
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Can imagine how those muscles must be feeling... eina pyn.

But must say the picture of the mountain is beautiful
To God be the glory
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.

Post by GI Jane »

Yes Tumelo... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: what it really means is I need to get back to the gym and get fit.... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear

Post by Donkey »

GI Jane wrote:Yes Tumelo... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: what it really means is I need to get back to the gym and get fit.... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
Hmmm, and so we come back to our senses :laugh2: . Also love the first pikcha :thumbup:
Tumelo Maketekete
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

ImageImage
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

You have what I call "rich peoples'" problems :lol:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

Those are nice pains, wish i had time to get them
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Tokkie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Gordons Bay
Vehicle: 1999 Hilux D/C 2.7

Post by Tokkie »

Ag nee man tannie Val ons het dan nie eers geroei nie, die wind het ons heelpad aangestoot :surrender: :surrender: . Next trip for you is definitely a 4 Day Orange River trip then you can get the packing boat :mocking: :mocking:.
Thanks for joining was baie lekker om jou uiteindelik op die water te kry. Looks like I might have to cancel the weekend trip there is a m#$rse storm on the way apparently.
Image Image
http://www.umkulu.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.breederiverraftingtours.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.orangeriverrafting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Ja lyk of die weer draai. Jy moet laat weet of jy die groepie volgende naweek gaan vat, dan leen ek daai brood pan wat jy gemaak het, as julle nie saam kom Melkbos toe. Daai Oranje rivier trippie lyk goed, sal nou al begin oefen..... :mocking: :mocking: :mocking:
Hangover
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Deneysville
Vehicle: '76 FJ45 , '13 3.0 D4D Hilux

Post by Hangover »

Ek kom nie sommer naby n ding wat dryf op die water en nie n motor het nie.
Hangover(A.K.A die speelding)
1976 FJ45 4x4
1UZ-FE 4.0vvti
2" OME Suspension lift
1.5" Shackle lift
35" Geo MT's
Custom Bullbar
Lockright Locked rear
York OBA
20" LED bar
Nighthawk 100W spots

Dakar
2013 3.0D-4D 4x4 Hilux Dakar
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Hangover wrote:Ek kom nie sommer naby n ding wat dryf op die water en nie n motor het nie.
Ja ek het so af en toe gewens die ding het n motor gehad. Dink Zak s'n het n motor onder gehad wat ek nie kon sien nie. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: Moontlik ook die verskil in die gewig op die boot... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Hangover wrote:Ek kom nie sommer naby n ding wat dryf op die water en nie n motor het nie.
dankie - nou voel ek nie so alleen nie .... ons moet maar so teen die kant langs ry en die voorraad aanry na die aand se kamp toe - dan hoef die tannie nie SO hard te roei nie ..... :siffler: :siffler: :mocking:
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

ChrisF wrote:
dankie - nou voel ek nie so alleen nie .... ons moet maar so teen die kant langs ry en die voorraad aanry na die aand se kamp toe - dan hoef die tannie nie SO hard te roei nie ..... :siffler: :siffler: :mocking:
Ag dankie Chris..... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: dit sal tannie baie help man.... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Is dit tannie of auntie? :laugh2:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Donkey wrote:Is dit tannie of auntie? :laugh2:
Well theoretically none of them..... because my one and only sister has no children, but it seems I may have a couple of adopted nephews and nieces.... who knows?.... But I understand it may be a cultural thing or something, :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

What turned out as an outing by the water, is now a family guidance session :lmao:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: Tumelo, I think you're the one on the roll.... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

GI Jane wrote::laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: Tumelo, I think you're the one on the roll.... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
Wish it was a boerie roll :drool:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage

Return to “Trip Reports”