Trip report - Bhanga Nek

Tell us about your recent trip. Please add some photographs.
Bliksempie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria Montana
Vehicle: 2.4 SFA
Club VHF Licence: HC115

Trip report - Bhanga Nek

Post by Bliksempie »

So, here's our trip report we did between 17 December 2017 to 24 December 2017

During October 2017 we got our act together and decided to embark on a journey unknown to both of us. This was after I stumbled upon a website called OUTDOOR LEGENDS Camping & Caravan & Fishing and Bush lodges, 2018. I browsed the website, and was looking for a camping site close to the beach, and not too far from Pretoria, Montana.

With the relevant correspondence with a lady called Jenny Koen from Extreme Nature Tours, she got back to me with good news on a stand available which will suit our needs. She said they've got a stand open at Victor’s Camp which was +-1.2km from the beach. This sounded good, and we reserved the spot for one weeks camping.

One week later she contacted me again, and informed me that there was a cancellation at Joel's Camp, which was +-500m from the main beach. Obviously we then opted for that, and secured our booking with a 50% deposit of only R1365.00.

Right... the booking was done. Then i did a bit of homework on the area, and what to expect. All the necessary factors like Crime, Water, Electricity, Fishing, Permits etc. was to be clarified.
Noname.jpg
Noname 1.jpg
Directions

Directions to Joel’s Camp at Bhanga Nek

If you need help on the sand road after eManguzi, ask the local people or call Jenny 082-857 3363.

If traveling from the Gauteng area southwards on the N2, take the JOZINI turnoff left about 50km south of Pongola, at -27.542936, 31.979042

Up over the mountain to Jozini town, at the SODWANA sign, take the left fork which will take you over the dam wall and onto the road towards KwaNgwanase (eManguzi).

Turn RIGHT at the T-junction at the brown signboard TEMBE / NDUMO / KOSI BAY COASTAL FOREST
-27.099334, 32.158819

The next landmark is the first roundabout at the R22 junction – go straight to KwaNgwanase (eManguzi) at -27.083263, 32.553916

KwaNgwanase (eManguzi) is 22km from here. eManguzi has a well stocked Total garage and other shops.

I strongly suggest that you fill your vehicle with fuel before leaving eManguzi.

If you plan to get permits before proceeding to Bhanga Nek, proceed northwards on the road which leads to the Mozambique border.
About 5km from the Total Garage, heading north, take the RIGHT turn at the brown sign with rhino picture “Kosi Bay Camp” and follow the most used track.
GPS co-ordinates of the camp are: -26.954679, 32.824228

From the KZN camp, backtrack to eManguzi, and turn LEFT at the police emblem sign on the outskirts of town (as though you’re heading back towards Jozini), onto the D1843 at
-26.994421, 32.743150

If you do not plan to get permits before proceeding to Bhanga Nek, after you have fuelled up, backtrack on the road you came into town on and turn LEFT onto the D1843 at
-26.994421, 32.743150 (The signs are quite small, so keep a good lookout.)

Whether you went to get permits or not, from here follow the same road after +- 1.3km after turning onto the D1843, turn LEFT at the fork with the signs Ukuthula Adventure, Victor’s Camp, Kosi Forest Lodge & Kosi Bay Hippo Lodge, onto the sand road at
-27.004541, 32.747503 START TO MEASURE DISTANCE FROM THIS POINT

9.8km further, take the LEFT fork at the signs Ukuthula Adventure, Victor’s Camp, Kosi Forest Lodge & Kosi Bay Hippo Lodge
At -27.079749, 32.779453

A short distance later, cross the metal bridge over the Siyadla river, go up the reinforced road beyond the bridge, then take the LEFT at the nearby fork. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT take the ‘Bay Camp’ and ’Camp 4’ road (this will take you southwards, the complete wrong direction)

From after the bridge you should travel in a North-north Easterly direction. At places there are a few sand tacks in more-or-less the same direction – it’s usually best to follow the most-recently-used one, and basically all roads from here lead to Bhanga Nek.

+-50m further go RIGHT at
-27.080860, 32.788467

Next is RIGHT at
-27.075858, 32.798670

Then at RIGHT at Manzimnyama sign at
-27.055371, 32.827061

Then LEFT at -27.053893, 32.828490

Next sign to note is “God Knows Tuck Shop”. The Tuck Shop will be on the right-hand side of the road – cold beer, etc and cooldrinks available here!! Also sugar, salt etc at -27.041098, 32.841764

Next take LEFT at the fork with KOSI KAY sign at -27.022426, 32.851165

Now you’ll start seeing the camp signs, pass SIZAKALA (George & Betty) go RIGHT at
-27.012451, 32.852637

Then pass UKUTHULA ADVENTURE, Vic’s camp, go LEFT at
-27.012310, 32.852993

A few meters further ON THE LEFT is the entrance to Joel’s Camp (Ngubane’s Camp, Isinkwe) (Joel’s surname is Ngubane and an Isinkwe is a Bushbaby!!).

THIS IS THE CAMP

General:

• The last 6km to the Kosi Bay KZN Wildlife Office and Camp is on very soft sand, best suited to 4x4 vehicle
KZN Wildlife office hours: Weekdays: 7:00 to 16:00 Saturdays, Sundays & public holidays: 7:00 to 15:00
• Recreational day visitors currently pay R40 per adult, R20 per child and R40 per vehicle to enter the Reserve at the Kosi Mouth entrance. Permits can be bought on the day of your visit or one day in advance. This also applies to permits for Black Rock & Lala Nek which can also be bought from the KZN-Wildlife office at Manzengwenya.
• Visitors to Bhanga Nek require an entry permit obtainable from the Kosi Bay KZN Wildlife Office at the 3rd lake. The current cost is R40 per vehicle, R40 per adult & R20 per child FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR STAY, not per day. There is no entry gate at Bhanga Nek, so if you arrive after the KZN office has closed, please go there the next day to buy your permits.
• Driving on the beach, pets, jet skis, quad bikes, motor bikes, boats using sails, hang gliders and microlights are not allowed
• Gate times to the Kosi Mouth area are 05h00 to 19h00 Oct – Mar, and 06h00 to 18h00 April – Sept
• Legal vehicle access is by the main Kosi gate and Kosi Mouth gate only
• Camping or sleeping overnight is allowed only at recognized camps
• Collection or purchase of firewood, rocks, plants or animals, shells or fish is not allowed
• Fires may be set only in designated places
• Firearms must be kept locked away and not discharged
• Wild animals must not be fed or interfered with in any way
• From 22h00 all noise must be kept to a minimum
• All litter and pollutants must be put in refuse bins or taken away
• Catapults, airguns, insect electrocutors and stone throwing are not allowed
• Recreational visitors only may fish. Ghillies may not fish or collect bait

Fishing
• A valid fishing licence is required for fishing in the lakes and in the ocean, obtainable at Post Offices SA.
• Published fishing size and bag limits apply. Details available at the office
• Cast nets, gill nets, drag nets and spear guns are not allowed anywhere in the Kosi lakes and estuary
• Cracker shrimps may be bought at lakes 1 & 2 or pumped at lakes 1 & 2 if you have a licence
• It is illegal to bring living bait into the reserve or to collect swimming prawns
• Fishing is not allowed in the sanctuaries (just inside Kosi Mouth and to 200m south of the mouth in the estuary
• Fishing into the ocean is not allowed south of the signboard at the southern point of Bhanga Nek bay

Caution:
• Although there have been no serious incidents for some time, please be aware that there are crocodiles, hippo and the occasional shark in the lakes.
• Please use a torch after dark and wear shoes. Snakes are often active after dark as are hippos.
• Malaria is endemic and there have been no known cases for a number of years, but if you become ill after your visit, please inform your doctor of this possibility
• Beware of stonefish inside Kosi Mouth as they can be deadly.
• Please respect the local people and their culture and do not interfere with fish traps or graves.

Some things to bear in mind on your visit to Bhanga Nek

 Access by 4x4 vehicle. Take a spade and a strong plank to put under the jack in case your vehicle sinks into the sand.
 Visitors to Bhanga Nek require an entry permit, obtainable from the Kosi Bay KZN Wildlife Office at the 3rd lake or Manzengwenya. The cost is in the region of R40 per vehicle, R40 per adult & R20 per child FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR STAY, not per day. Beach access does not require a permit.
 There is no entry gate at Bhanga Nek where permits need to be produced, so if you arrive after the KZN office has closed, please go there the next day to obtain your permits. KZN-Wildlife officials do permit spot-checks on the sand road from time to time.
 Take your own drinking water.
 Protect yourself against mozquitos and malaria in the summer months as Bhanga Nek is in a low-risk malaria area but it is said there has not been a known case of malaria for the last 10 years. If you develop flu-like symptoms on your return home, see your doctor immediately and tell him you recently visited a malaria area.
 Beware of hippos and crocodiles near the lake shore at all times and do not disturb the wildlife
 There are no crocs and hippos in the sea
 No littering
 Firearms must be stored safely and not discharged
 No fireworks allowed
 From 22h00 all noise must be kept to a minimum
 Keep your braai fire under control

Seeing that we had to cater for our own drinking water, I had to come up with a plan to keep a household of four(4) people happy. Luckily a person advertised two 55L Grey water tanks on Facebook at a bargain price for R500 (Both). No time was wasted, and we bought them before she could press enter for advertising on other websites.

Planning was done, and i decided to fit one permanently inside the load bin...

No wait, this was the towing vehicle and the trailer:
Departure 1.jpg
Departure 2.jpg
Right.. Back to the water system:
IMG_20171111_135406.jpg
IMG_20171111_135420.jpg
The other tank I put on top of the roof rack with a hose ant tap to fill the inner tank when empty.

Electricity:

The trailer was fitted with a 98AMP deep cycle battery, which should've been enough for three(3) days at the most. So, i started shopping for Solar options. Eventually I got a 120W Panel from a China Mall in City Depp JHB at a cost of R850.00 (Cheap hey?).
The panel was the fitted under the roof rack for better storage.

The controller unit I bought from the best 4x4 accessory outlet in the world called 4X4Direct.co.za :surrender:
I also opted for a 1500w inverter, seeing that the nearest shop is a distance of 28km away. This was for the ice machine which was the biggest worry I had for keeping my throat cool.

Another modification done the vehicle was to finalize on the suspension, and again Darrell from Mikem Suspension exceeded my expectations. The bakkie was now fully kitted with Bilstein Shocks and Mikem Leaf Springs.

There was actually a few modifications done to the vehicle and the trailer to comply with the surroundings, but won't go too much into that as this is actually a Trip Report.

To be continued...
Last edited by Bliksempie on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
When Life knocks you down, make sure you fall on your back. If you can look up, you can get up

Bliksempie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Re: Trip report - Bhanga Nek

Post by Bliksempie »

Now why does the threat duplicate and shuffle my pics? Full editor section it shows the order on the pics added, but full preview its not in order and in duplicate? :frustrated:
When Life knocks you down, make sure you fall on your back. If you can look up, you can get up

Obelix and Dogmatix
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: ROODEPOORT
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

Post by Obelix and Dogmatix »

I was wondering if you ever got out of the driveway looking at the first lot of photo's LOL
Rules are there to make you think before you break them!!!
God made man before
woman so as to give him time
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
PaulSA
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: PRETORIA
Vehicle: 2004 KZTE 3000

Post by PaulSA »

Thanks for the report.
Makes on lus to go there!!
Bliksempie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Bliksempie »

Please be patient to all the judges. I'm in a huge struggle with laptop issues and passwords. I'll finish the whole report before 23h59.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Bliksempie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Bliksempie »

17 December 2017 @03h30

We hit the road. Fully loaded and kids lekker quiet in the back with their own portable DVD players (Purely my initiative)
Middelburg Weigh Bridge they decided to bring me in for the dreaded weigh inn... Guess what, One week's rations, 135L Water, 4 Passengers and much more: We passed. Almost thought of having the first cold one to celebrate. :lol:
Mpumalanga Sun.jpg
(22.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet

The N4 route was lekker quiet, and we towed in 4th gear most of the time at 110 km/h. Everything was running as it should, and the DVD players got tuck away and the sinning began. :blink:
From the N4 we took the offramp towards Hendrina, which I thought (out of experience) is going to be a bad road due to pot holes and coal trucks. I was actually wrong with that impression, as it was not so bad.
N4 Offramp.jpg
From there we went through Ermelo, Piet Retief (Where we filled up the first time), Pongola and the Jozini. This is where the fun started with my 1997 22R Toyota Hilux. We had to go down to 2nd gear and the top speed was 40km/h.
Top Speed.jpg
Second Gear.jpg
(33.22 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Jozini Up hill.jpg
A beautiful scenic road and suddenly the holiday experience was more a reality to us.
Jozini Dam.jpg
Jozini Dam Wall.jpg
The Jozini dam was clearly low on water as we could see the low level ridges.

From Jozini town, you drive accross the dam wall direction North. This road was also not too bad, except for the amount of traffic heading towards Mozambique (Citizens and holiday fleet). As soon as you turned direction East towards EManguzi, the only thing that was irritating was the cattle and constant speed humps on that route.
Pongola Cattle.jpg
Pongola Cattle.jpg (31.66 KiB) Viewed 9245 times
Speedhump.jpg

We arrived at EManguzi and was amazed by the rush in town. Everyone from Gauteng was to my opinion busy with last minute shopping, and we had to wait a while for refilling at the all famous Total Kosi Bay.
Total Kosi Bay.jpg
Total Kosi Bay.jpg (31.65 KiB) Viewed 9223 times
Refueling was done, and we drove towards KZN Wildlife Manzengwenya office, for our permits to stay in the Bhanga Nek area.
We then went back through EManguzi towards the D1843 Road. In total it's roughly 28 - 30km drive from EManguzi to Bhanga Nek area. The initial gravel road can only be done in one of two manners; 40km/h or 100km/h. Let your spouse put on a sports bra.

Then the fun starts when you take the turnoff towards Bhanga Nek. You can go about 200m before you have to stop and deflate to 0.9bar.
Tyre deflate.jpg
This is where the fun starts. There is no way this route can be taken without a proper TOYOTA 4x4. It took us approximately one and a half hour to complete the last odd 10km. Beautiful but very tuff on concentration. Narrow roads with a few axle twisters along the way.
Cement Track.jpg
Road Bhanga Nek.jpg
Road Bhanga Nek 2.jpg
Road Bhanga Nek 3.jpg
Almost 12 hours on the road, we arrived safe and sound and met up with the Locals. Joel Ngubane was first to meet with us, and with a hartly welcome we felt at ease. He firstly commented on the fact, as to why i locked my vehicle when i got out and assured me that me and my family is his first priority when it comes to safety. A suitable was spot was identified, and we started with the big task to put up camp.
Camp Joel House.jpg
CampSite.jpg
To be continued...
Last edited by Bliksempie on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bliksempie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Bliksempie »

Visible warning signs were evident, and we had to improvise for the attacks:
Monkeys.jpg
Snake.jpg
And this is the best remedy to keep them away.

Here are some other pictures of the basic but nice facilities:
Donkey.jpg
The local people ensured constant hot water. Even in the rain, they made plan to keep the fire burning.

Fire wood can be purchased from the locals: A bit steep, as a bundle of five(5) pieces will set you back R20.00, and have to be carefully monitored whilst preparing for a braai. When the coals are ready, you cannot pour another drink. It will be too late then.
Wood.jpg
One thing that I noticed was the amount of Ferrox Cycads in this area. Thousands and thousands could be seen throughout our stay and trips between beaches and points of interests.
Ferrox.jpg
Some pictures of the places we visited:

Banga Nek Beach
Bhanga Nek Beach Parking.jpg
Bhanga Nek Beach.jpg

Kosi Bbay Mouth
Kosi Bay Lake.jpg
Kosi Bay Lake.jpg (19.77 KiB) Viewed 9226 times
Gary 1.jpg
Gary 5.jpg
Gary 12.jpg
Kosi Bay Mouth.jpg
To be continued...
Last edited by Bliksempie on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bliksempie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Bliksempie »

The road to Black Rock Beach
Definitely a must when visiting the area. Beautiful scenery, and ideal test your vehicle in the thick sand and uphill capabilities when going for the lookout points.
Black Rock Beach.jpg
Gary 10.jpg
Gary 9.jpg
Gary 11.jpg
Lookout 2.jpg
Lookout.jpg
Gary 4.jpg
Gary 4.jpg (25.02 KiB) Viewed 9240 times
Black Rock Name.jpg
Black Rock Boom.jpg
Black Rock Beach
Black Rock.jpg
Black Rock.jpg (14.02 KiB) Viewed 9240 times
Gary 6.jpg
Gary 7.jpg
Gary 8.jpg
Lala Nek Beach
Lala Nek.jpg
Lala Nek.jpg (32.82 KiB) Viewed 9240 times
Also a very nice place to visit. Unfortunately the weather was a bit overcast with mist rain when we got there (1.5 Hours drive from Bhanga Nek Campsite). Clear directions were also not in the order of the day, so we got lost at a stage and ventured into the Midlands with no roads in front of us. The GPS luckily gave me the direction to the coast line, and we drove a few kilometers in the area through small villages where there are no roads. And the locals in that area do not understand English :slap:
Lost.jpg
Lost.jpg (22.48 KiB) Viewed 9226 times
Lost 2.jpg
Lost 2.jpg (23.78 KiB) Viewed 9226 times
This was the only time I was worried a bit. We were alone, with no one who accompanied our trip into the unknown. It was only me, my wife and two small daughters. A bit foolish from my side, but luckily we didn't run into any trouble like breakdowns or medical emergencies.
Lala Nek Road.jpg
Also with our arrival at the beach, we were the only visitors and there were about 10 Ghillies at the entrance to the beach. This was mainly the reason for a brief stay (One Beer) before i decided to take the road back to Bhanga Beach.

To be continued...
Last edited by Bliksempie on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Bliksempie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Bliksempie »

Toyota Standing out

Only in our camp, we noticed this amazing sight:
Toyota 1.jpg
Toyota 2.jpg
This beauty on top belongs to a guy in Pretoria with the name of Henk. Its a 1989 model with only 60 000km on the clock. :shock: He only uses it for his visits to Bhanga Nek. And he's been visiting this area for the past 18 years.
Hilux 3.jpg
This White Hilux belongs to the Camp owner - Joel Ngubane
Hilux 4.jpg
And this obviously is mine

Expenses and valuable information

1) Roaming Speed Cameras - 5
2) Fixed Road Blocks - 1 (Just outside Piet Retief)
3) 135L Water was enough for a household of four people for one week
4) 120W Solar Panel was enough for all lights 12V and 2x220V LED tube lights as well as the small Ice Machine
5) Permits are compulsory at all beaches, but only at Black Rock and Kosi Bay mouth they requested to see them on our trip. You cannot get a permit two days before planning to visit a place. Only one day in advance. This is a bit of a bad one, because you have to drive all the way back to Kosi Bay Lodge to get new permits.
6) Total fuel - R 5445.40
7) Toll Gates - R 180.00
8) Accommodation 7 nights - R2730.00
9) Ghillies - R 500.00
10) GPS Trip Report
Trip Summary.jpg
In a nutshell: A must do for every 4x4 enthusiast who loves camping in the untouched and beautiful coastal areas. If you want to get away from all the concrete and hustle, then this is the place to visit. Do your planning properly and put fear in a box at home.

Some more pictures will be added to this trip report as soon as I can figure out why some don't want to upload.

Thanks for reading
(My apologies for some spelling and grammar errors, as I am actually Pure Afrikaans)

Bliksempie and Family
IMG_20171218_175241_2.jpg

JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

Robbie very informative trip report and it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I need to put that on my list too....
Johan Marais
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Post by The Legend »

Robby dankie vir jou netjiese trip report.Jy het my gedagtes weer ver paaie laat loop. Naas Ponta Mlangane in Mosambiek is Bhanga Nek my 2 de vakansie plek.Daar le baie voet spore van my en wielspore van my SFA.

My eerste besoek aan Bhanga Nek kom al van die vroeer negentig jare. My gunsteling plek is natuurlik die tent kamp wat net agter die sand duin by die strand is.Daar parkeer ek my bakkie en start hom weer as ek op pak. Gaan elke dag strand toe om vis te vang of om te ontspan op die strand en te swem.

n Oorlede vriend van my wat vir die vorige regering gewerk het se pligte was om die vakansie huise wat destyds deur staats amtenare gebruik was in daardie omgewing te versorg en in stand te hou .Plekke soos Lalanek,Black Rock,Rock Tail bay (toe nog De Wets Baai) Mabibi en al daardie ander plekke waarvan jy praat het hy aan my gewys. Ons het destyds strandlangs gery tot op Sodwana en menige King fish op Bhanga Nek gevang.

Seker van my lekkerste 4x4 ervarings le langs daardie noordelike kuslyn van Kwazulu Natal.

Jammer as ek jou post ge-hjack het,maar my gedagtes kon ek nie keer nie.
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
FIRSTGEER
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Well done Robbie and thanks for a very lekker and informative report and for taking the trouble to share it with us.
Really a destination added to my bucket list. :thumbup:
Dowe Koos
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Buschwagen 2.7 4x4

Post by Dowe Koos »

Moenie worry Dawie. Is nie net jy nie, ken ook daardie wêreld goed. Mabibi, Sibaya meer, Black Rock en Kosi baai. Robbie het ook my lus gemaak om weer soontoe te laat gaan.
Welgedaan Robbie. Netjiese trip report. Ook mooi fotos.
Ecc 1:9 Wat gewees het, dit sal daar weer wees; en wat gebeur het, dit sal weer gebeur, en daar is glad niks nuuts onder die son nie.
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Excellent trip report Robbie, glad you had such a great time. And your Hilux just happens to fit right in on the rugged sections of that trip, really can be referred to as "Hilux Country"!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Bliksempie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Bliksempie »

Dankie julle, Dit was werklik die moeite werd gewees om soontoe te gaan. Definitief planne om dalk hierdie Desember weer te gaan. Die groot ding wat vir my uitgestaan het was die rustigheid, en nie die gewone mal nes oor Kerstyd soos by ander plekke nie. En dan die feit dat alles in een is: Kamp, Visvang, 4X4 en natuur. Die kinders kan ook nie hulself in winkels besig hou met strooi nie, en goeie kwaliteit tyd spandeer met mekaar na 'n rowwe jaar. Volgende keer sal ons ten minste 10 dae gaan om die lang ry die moeite werd te maak.

pieta.swanepoel
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2017 Toyota Hilux 2.4 GD-6 SR 4x4 SC

Post by pieta.swanepoel »

Ek is nou so lus vir vakansie hou. En ek ken Noord Natal baie sleg. Moet definitief plan maak om te gaan kuier
Groot berge en lang grondpaaie
Mylux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: 4.0L V6 Vigo 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC249

Post by Mylux »

Nice report Robbie

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Bliksempie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Bliksempie »

Mylux wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:49 pm Nice report RobbieImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Thanks Greg. ;-)

Baasvark
Town: Virginia
Vehicle: '97 D/C with all the trimmings & 2011 Troopy

Post by Baasvark »

Nice Robbie!

Ek het vergeet hoe mooi daardie trok van jou is!

Dink jy moet weer so trip doen - die keer gaan ons saam!

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

Aint it ironic that "Common Sense" aint so common after all...
Bliksempie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Bliksempie »

Baasvark wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:45 pm Nice Robbie! Image

Ek het vergeet hoe mooi daardie trok van jou is!

Dink jy moet weer so trip doen - die keer gaan ons saam!Image

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk
Enige tyd Shane, daai area is werklik die moeite werd.

Bosfebok
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Roodekrans
Vehicle: 1995 Hilux Raider 2.2
Club VHF Licence: X248

Post by Bosfebok »

Lekker trip report Robbie. Daai is ook een van my gunsteling plekke in die land..
Otto X248
1995 Hilux Raider 2.2 EFI Turbo DC
Alucab Canopy with Kitchen and Recovery sections
National Luna Split Charge system and Dual Battery
80W solar panel and MPPT controller
20.5" LED BAR
5ton tow bar with recovery points
Nudge-M front bumper
80l Long Range Fuel Tank
90l Water Tank
Slide Drawer System
Safari Snorkel
Double Lockers - Toyota Electric selectable
Diff breathers
The worst anti hi-jack alarm system ever, SANJI!!

A bad day out is still better than a good day in!!
Vlak vark
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Phalaborwa
Vehicle: 1995 hilux D/c 4x4 Legend 25 Kzt with top mounted intercooler. long range tank. hankook dynapro duel battery system

Post by Vlak vark »

Ek ken daai gevoel van verdwaal daar, na die staal brug het ons black rock se kant toe gery, gps wys pad maar daar is niks nie. Gelukkig het ons dit gemaak tot black rock. Daarvandaan is dit maklik tot bangla neck. Hou net regs. Dit is besonders mooi daar, het die snorkel duik by die koraal gedoen by kosi mond.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

One life, one dream, one toyota
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

Dankie vir die deel...
Het 2012 daar gery en die plek beleef soos jy dit beskryf.
Maak seker groor verskil om wa daar te sleep.
Het ook by Iswayelo (waar jy die permitte kry), Busbbaby gekamp sowel as Three Palms, of so iets?
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"

Return to “Trip Reports”