Handy Worklight for Garage

Members' DIY projects
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Handy Worklight for Garage

Post by pietpetoors »

I built this long ago, but today again realised again how handy it is.

Used a 20watt worklight from (you guessed it, 4x4Direct) and attached it to a Microphone stand.

Is lekker because you can adjust the light to be exactly where you want it.

I am still using a 220 volt version of the flood light, but if you want you can even use a 12 volt version.
I won't go for the 10watt, they not enough, 20watt is lekker bright.

Got the microphone stand at AudioMart
Worklight
Worklight
Worklight
Worklight
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Re: Handy Worklight for Garage

Post by The Legend »

Pieter
Ons hilux manne het nie so lig nodig nie want ons het nie nodig om in die nag aan ons bakkies te werk nie. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spot sommer.Dit lyk na n lekker lig om te he.
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Nice idea! :thumbup:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

Hi Andy,
How you guys doing. We are just vegetating in the heat. Can, t wait to do something soon to get out of this rut. Did you spend xmas & New year with the family? I.e. Did your son come down from Jozie?
Hope you have a great 2016...
No news from us, but hoping to see you guys soon.
Edge & Viv.
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Edge. At the risk of hijacking this thread even further, yes, Travis is still here with us and we spent some time at Hogsback (will hopefully be going there again before he goes back on the 16th). Jip, the heatwave of the past week is a killer but the humidity with it is the worst ..... 29° today with only a light breeze. The washing that was hung out this morning was still damp after 5 hours on the lines! :crazy:
Would be great to see you guys again soon, give our best to Viv as well. :winkx:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Ha Ha, it happened to me as well one day, pressed a button, I thought I was sending a PM but was actually replying on a topic. If you gentleman want to we can remove them comments.
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Pieter they are just bumping the thread .... as long as they dont bump over the light stand .... :twisted:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Hehe, Edge sometimes has a problem with his tablet and ham-fistedness. :D:

I made a couple of work-light stands some years ago for a specific job. At the time I thought that I would certainly need them again in a similar situation, but in reality the only time I used them again was for neighbourhood street braais - there have been quite a few if those, so at least they have had some further use.

Rebel 4x4
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

Pieter, ek het daai bakkie hier in PE gesien. Actually naby my huis in Newton Park.
Sent from my iPhone
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Dis reg, hy kom van PE af, is 'n kar, nie bakkie nie.
Chev
Chev
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

If memory serves correctly, the car was a Chev Constantia and the bakkie version (same front end) was a Chev El Camino.

pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Yes, but the El Camino had single head lights. I think the Kommando shared the same nose, but the tail is unique to the Constantia and De Ville
Ebersohn
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux DC, 1994 Cruiser 80VX, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1975 Landy Shorty

Post by Ebersohn »

Dis nou 'n lekker lig maar waar tel mens nou so stand op teen 'n billike prys... Nuut by Audiomart vir R339.
Ek het nog 'n Landy ook....... ;-)

Return to “Build your own:”