1982 hilux 4x4

Members' DIY projects
Yatish09
Town: Durban
Vehicle: 1982 hilux

1982 hilux 4x4

Post by Yatish09 »

Howsit going guys..
I'm new to this forum, thanks to those that helped me start, just thought I'd share my project 4x4 build with you guys, hopefully get some input with what's going on, I'm new to the 4x4 scene...
I started with the chassis, everything is completely stripped, & painted with a "carboline" range of paints for protection, before it goes black...
I'm painting & reconditioning the diffs & springs this week as well as changing all bolts & nuts along the way
I've managed to find an original 18r motor, which I reconditioned, ready to fit...however, I've got both a 4 speed and 5 speed gear box, if anyone both have the wrong belhousing, so I'll be figure that out at a later stage, I want to keep it as original as possible, I'll try to upload some pics, let me know what you guys think, also, would anyone know where I might be able to find the arches for the bin? & a replacement bin floor.. thanks guys
Attachments
21.jpg
pampoen
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Gordons Bay
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux DC 3.0 D4D

Re: 1982 hilux 4x4

Post by pampoen »

Lekker bru!! Are you leaving the chassis grey, or going black?
With each replacement of parts, a car slowly becomes Chinese.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

pampoen wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:59 am Lekker bru!! Are you leaving the chassis grey, or going black?
Yatish wrote:I started with the chassis, everything is completely stripped, & painted with a "carboline" range of paints for protection, before it goes black...
:D: :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Yatish09
Town: Durban
Vehicle: 1982 hilux

Post by Yatish09 »

I'm painting it black, I just want to give everything a good protective coat first, the van was plastered with rubber lining when I got it, so I'm trying to get it as close to original as possible...
Anyone with any idea of where I could get a belhousing for the original 4 speed box to fit on the 18r motor?

Return to “Build your own:”