Electric Bike

Here we discuss various alternative energy solutions. From converting your car to electricity to converting your home to be off the grid.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Electric Bike

Post by pietpetoors »

Seems like electric transport is coming closer to a reality.
Meet the Brammo Empulse, a racy looking electric bike which will be available in three variants and is expected to be ready for delivery in 2011.

According to Brammo all three production models of the Empulse will be capable of sustaining 160km/h. The three models will have different battery capacities, all utilising an innovative proprietary array, the Brammo Power battery and vehicle management system.

Although all three models are capable of highway speeds, each offer a different average range from a single charge depending on riders’ needs.

The Empulse 6.0 is capable of 97km average range, the Empulse 8.0 manages 129km average range and the range-topping Empulse 10.0 can sprint for 161km on a single charge. Range of all three models can be extended by travelling at lower speeds.

The Empulse is also the world’s first production electric motorcycle to have a water cooled motor.

Pricing for the trio is expected to range from R76 000 to R106 000 but tax breaks in some US states will see the cost of the Empulse 10.0 slashed to as little as R53 300 for American buyers.

The Empulse will be officially unveiled at the Red Bull Grand Prix at Laguna Seca on Saturday 24 July, and will also be on display at the EICMA show in Milan later this year.
Full article at http://www.wheels24.co.za/BikesQuads/Ne ... e-20100721
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Re: Electric Bike

Post by JohanM »

Pieter,

Dit lyk glad nie te sleg nie. Ek vind die waterverkoelde elektriese motor baie interesant, maar dit is seker deel van die strategie om so ver te kan ry met elektrisiteit... :dontknow:
Johan Marais
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Smaak my die is gerig vir die "nuwe" bikers. Ek sien hy kom met training wheels
To God be the glory
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Interesting to say the least, and not bad looking either, but for me it defeats a large part of the object ..... I would really miss the throaty roar of a 4 into 1 exhaust. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “Alternative Energy”