17 / 18 Dec

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

17 / 18 Dec

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi guys,

Donkey (Themelo) has told me that he will be down here in the EC over that weekend and would like to 'hook up'. They will have a family celebration on the Friday and Saturday morning, which only leaves him the Saturday afternoon and Sunday. I have already been in contact with a few of you to put out the feelers. We will be arranging an outing for that weekend and would like to include as many guys as possible. Originally looked at a day outing in KWT on the 18th Dec (Sunday) but the KWT okes have since suggested the idea of Hogsback and making it a one night camp out ... some will only be able to make it from Saturday afternoon. The Hogsback venue might make it a little easier for the Cathcart / Stutterheim / Queenstown guys to join in and since we have a cottage up there with ample space for the guys to set up camp, we could avoid any camping costs (unfortunately at this stage the cottage will be fully occupied).

Let's hear from you. :thumbup:

So Far .......

Andy, Sheridene & MIL
Tumelo & Cupcake
FirstGeer (Tony) & SecondGeer
ThirdGeer & partner.
AntonV6 & Swambo + rugrat/s
Haboob (Leo / Edge) & Swambo
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Rebel 4x4
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Re: 17 / 18 Dec

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

There a trail to do?
Sent from my iPhone
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Yep, we'll do a moderate mountain trail on the Sunday. ;-)

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

..... and if time allows, when we leave to go home and come down off the Hogsback, we'll do a scenic drive around the back over the Katberg. :think:

Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

Hi Andy,
I told U I'm INN. Organise a trial on Saturday PM, Braai Saturday night, Good brekkie Sunday morning Trail on Sunday AM, & boerrie roll B4 leaving through the forestry roads back to Dimbaza Sunday PM & home.
Edge (Haboob)
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

:welcome:
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Dam..... :!: :!: :!:

I will miss you guys.......would have liked to join in :roll: :roll:

Next time for sure :thumbup:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Will miss you too Mark .... we'll just have to share your mushrooms out amongst us! :D:

So Far .......

Andy, Sheridene & MIL
Tumelo & Cupcake
FirstGeer (Tony) & SecondGeer
ThirdGeer & partner.
AntonV6 & Swambo + rugrat/s
Haboob (Leo / Edge) & Swambo
Simon & Michelle (SYRON CONVERSIONS)?

JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

Andy,

I will be coming out the Sani Pass on the 19th of December so if you guys are still gonna be around Hogsback on that week, ill drive back via your place instead of the going the other way.
Johan Marais
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Sjoe! That's a looooong round-about route Johan! :o: (Maybe about 1200km's longer!) ..... Would be nice though but I doubt the guys will still be there on the 19th (some will have to go back to work on the Monday). Lets see what develops with the plan .... ;-)

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

So Far .......

Andy, Sheridene & MIL ................................... (3)
Tumelo & Cupcake ......................................... (2)
FirstGeer (Tony) & SecondGeer ........................ (2)
ThirdGeer & partner. ....................................... (2)
AntonV6 & Swambo + rugrat/s .......................... (?)
Haboob (Leo / Edge) & Swambo ........................ (2)
Simon & Michelle (SYRON CONVERSIONS)? ........... (2)
Dylan & Swambo? (Kids?) ................................. (?)

Who else is keen!! :?: :friends:

OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Mud Dog wrote:So Far .......

Me..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who's MIL? Thingies the farmers use to store their mielies.....did you meam mill? or milling machine :mocking:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

OOOOMS wrote:
Mud Dog wrote:So Far .......

Me..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who's MIL? Thingies the farmers use to store their mielies.....did you meam mill? or milling machine :mocking:
There will be other times mark, .... unless you want to re-shuffle the dates of your Dec trip with Johannes and the two of you swing past here! :D:
Ja MIL is a real 'milling machine' .... she's moved in with us to help Sheridene, who is becoming less mobile as time progresses. She's surprisingly active and energetic for her years, and keen for a 'jol'. ;-)

SYRON CONVERSIONS
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Ja MIL is a real 'milling machine' .... she's moved in with us to help Sheridene, who is becoming less mobile as time progresses. She's surprisingly active and energetic for her years, and keen for a 'jol'.

And she is much more friendly than what you are.............leave it at that. She looks so young.....
(maybe I have a problem with my eye site?

Seriously Andy, you forgot to add Scott and Jenna along as well to your list, they go where we go as well, how can we leave our 6 and 5 year old children at home????
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

SYRON CONVERSIONS wrote:Ja MIL is a real 'milling machine' .... she's moved in with us to help Sheridene, who is becoming less mobile as time progresses. She's surprisingly active and energetic for her years, and keen for a 'jol'.

And she is much more friendly than what you are.............leave it at that. She looks so young.....
(maybe I have a problem with my eye site?

Seriously Andy, you forgot to add Scott and Jenna along as well to your list, they go where we go as well, how can we leave our 6 and 5 year old children at home????
Yeah, Simon she's 'young' for her years .... dunno about the more friendly bit, but maybe you're right, .... only just maybe! :laugh2:

Bring your 'kids' along .... and don't forget to pack in a pooper-scooper. I'm not picking up after them! :lol: ;-)

SYRON CONVERSIONS

well, i do have a spade on my bakkie and i will just dig a hole, do you really want me to take my manure back to QT?

What are we doing about meals, braai braai braai braai do you have a fridge or freezer and electricity on the place?
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

There is a fridge / freezer and electricity. Will put together a list for what you need and mail it. ;-)

Whisky
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: 2009 Toyota Hilux DC 3.0 D -4D 4X4
Club VHF Licence: HC 136

Post by Whisky »

Hi Guys,

Sorry we will not be able to join you. December is our annual leave time and by the 17th we will be in Cape Town.
Enjoy the week end.

Ben
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Thanks for the response Ben .... pity, but we'll catch you next time around! :D: ;-)

SYRON CONVERSIONS

Ben so you live in my old town, i see, i lived there for three years, andy are there ticks in your garden at hogsback, is the grass long or short? hate ticks

simoan
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

No ticks that we know of, but you can pack in some Tabbard if you like. Grass might be a little long but I'll pull out the mower and make sure that there's a 'clean' area for you guys. ;-)

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Amendment!
There is a fridge / freezer and electricity.
That should read "Eskom permitting" .... they have quite a few outages up there.

SYRON CONVERSIONS

WHAT ARE YOU TELLING ME YOUR WIFE IS NOT TRAINED TO CUT THE GRASS, WHEN I CAME HOME THE OTHER DAY THE GRASS WAS ALL CUT AND YOU KNOW HOW LARGE MY GARDEN IS?

simoan
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

close-ears_3268026.jpg
closed_ears.jpg
closed_ears.jpg (12.77 KiB) Viewed 9471 times
fingers-in-ears.jpg
fingers-in-ears.jpg (25.27 KiB) Viewed 9471 times

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

This is getting closer! :thumbup:

Any more takers? :!: :!:

I will post GPS co-ords and directions to the venue later, as well as my cell no. in case you get lost.

The plan thus far is that we will go on ahead either on the Friday or early Sat morning to make sure that the grass is cut for you guys to pitch camp. Time permitting we will go and look for some mushrooms (to go with our breakfast on Sunday) and / or go for a short forest drive .... will play it by ear and depending on who is already there.

The suggestion was made to buy all the food required and then split the costs, but I think this might be a little impractical IRO who will be there for which meals and also individual likes / dislikes. I think it will be a lot easier for each one to bring what they require.

Saturday
A packed lunch for (if you will already be there by that time).
Possible afternoon outing.
A braai on Saturday evening. Don't know how you guys feel about salads etc .... each one bring their own?

Sunday
Early breakfast. There is a gas stove and electricity but I wouldn't like to depend on the supply as they have quite a few outages up there. Otherwise we can stoke the fire and use a skottel. Personally I like to keep things simple like cereals, but eggs and bacon go down well too.

Full morning trail with either a packed lunch, boerewors rolls, hot dogs on the trail or go back to the cottage for lunch.

Afternoon to make our way back home (over the Katberg as suggested if it's on your route).

Note
I have been informed that the tank water is murky after the heavy rains, so bring drinking water.
There is no geyser for hot water at present, but we can heat water on the stove for a 'quick wash'. Ablutions may be a little testy with just one bathroom / toilet (there is also an old out-house with a long-drop in the case of an emergency :lol: ).
You will have to bring your own extension cable if you want to tap into the cottage electrical supply for lights etc.

Will add anything else I can think of. ;-)

SYRON CONVERSIONS

Dammit no hot water how do you expect me to wash my bakkie?
some mushrooms (to go with our breakfast on Sunday no ways for me, many years ago while I was working in the Stutterheim area on this forest plantation at this milling company, I also collected these beautiful brown mushrooms, the locals that lived in this area told me and showed me which ones you could eat, anyway I got horribly sick and eventually tasted them twoce or three or four times, maybe it must have been the richness of the mushrooms and my tummy could not handle it.

Andy concerning the camping and the wet grass and possible ticks can you please tell me which place around where you live has any seperate private cottages that I could rather consider to rent instead.

Give me a few options to consider, what is the name of the road where you live, I do not have a GPS and thus the gps info means nothing to me.

Are you also bringing my girlfriend along as well? (or must I bring my wife)?

So Far .......

simoan
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear

Post by Donkey »

Oom Andy I want to see if I can get my truck 100%, I hope you've been following viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22384" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
but will you and the guys posted.
Tumelo Maketekete
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

ImageImage
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

These okes that can't 'rough it' for just one night! :crazy:
:lol:
There is a place close by that has rooms / cottages ... will get the details and post. ;-)

Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Haboob »

Hi Andy, Anton, SWAMBO & the rug rats are still in; from the last time I spoke to him. He is working until about 14:00, & my SWAMBO to about 13:00, so we will probably drive up together on Saturday afternoon. We will thus only qualify for the braai on Saturday night & Sunday.
First Geer, Second Geer & the rest of the Geer Box Will probably let you know what their intentions are, when they see the thread. I will notify them when I see them again. Fourth Geer will probably stay with Wanna-be-Geer, who stays with the Hill- Billy's up there on the Hogsback.
Where are the Windy City crowd, or don't they mix with their country cousins?
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

:laugh2: "the Geer Box" :laugh2: :laugh2:
Where are the Windy City crowd,
It might be a bit far for the PE okes to attend .... and it is at a time when a lot of people are going away on holiday.

;-)

SYRON CONVERSIONS

:shh: Due to some changes, I have two forklifts out on rental and I prefer to be with them, instead of been with you guys in Hogsback, this time of the year is very busy and thus I am not prepared to be away at this time and thus I will not be attending this weekend.
:shh:

simoan
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Due to some changes, I have two forklifts out on rental and I prefer to be with them, instead of been with you guys in Hogsback, this time of the year is very busy and thus I am not prepared to be away at this time and thus I will not be attending this weekend.
Simon? ... On a Saturday afternoon and a Sunday? :eh: We will miss you! ;-)

So Far .......

Simon & Michelle (SYRON CONVERSIONS)? ........... (cancelled)

The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Post by The Legend »

Andy

Julle moet dit geniet.Is daardie naweek in Hartenbos.
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Geniet sal ons beslis Dawie! Jy ook! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

So Far .......

ThirdGeer & partner (Over-drive) :lol: ............... (2)
Dylan, Swambo + 'ankle snapper' ....................... (3)

Less than 2 weeks to go! Who else is keen!! :D:

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Directions.

If you will be coming from the Cathcart side (the N6) ..... the turn-off outside Cathcart (on the south side) will be the R345 (S32°18.099' - E027°08.482' ). A short while after turning onto the R345 you will get a turn-off to your left ( S32°18.836' - E027°07.617' ) which is actually still the R345 (if you carry on straight it becomes the R351). The R345 goes through Hogsback. You will turn off to your right at about ( S32°35.070' - E026°55.498' ). If you are coming from the KWT side you would turn off here to the left. At this turn-off you should see a sign that reads "Starways". There will be another turn-off to Starways and our place at ( S32°35.162' - E026°54.819' ) Your destination will be about 200 metres further at ( S32°35.316' - E026°54.700' )

You might want to copy and print these directions / co-ords.

;-)

Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Haboob »

Hi Andy, I spoke to Anton & he said that there was a problem with his folks coming up to see him due so some family problem, but that he would let me know, which he has not done. He has however told Swambo that he is unable to attend. Edge
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Thanks for that info, Edge .... sad :( ...... but we'll still have a great time! :thumbup:

AntonV6 & Swambo + rugrat/s .......................... (Cancelled)
Dylan, Swambo + 'ankle snapper' ....................... (3)

Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Haboob »

Hi Andy, Need your assistance please. DonS - Donovan from the forum in Gauteng is selling four original Hilux rims. Tumelo - Donkey is coming down for weekend of 17/18. I cannot get a message to Donovan or Tumelo. Can you please assist me in this respect, so that Tumelo gets the rims/tyres from Donovan and brings them down on the 17/18. If you can then ask Donovan to get his banking details to me so that I can deposit the money into his account. Thanks Edge.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Hi Edge

Here are my details:

Mobile - 076 315-7754
Email - Ma1000@vodamail.co.za

Hope this helps :thumbup:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Haboob »

Hi Tumelo, Thanks for the quick response. I still don't know how to get hold of DonS - Donovan. He is selling a set (4) alloy rims without scratches. If you will be able to bring them down here for me, then I can just deposit the money into his bank account. I do not think that he is a CLUB member, so I don't know what he can or cannot see on the forum. Will you be able to assist me in bringing the rims & tyres down when you come down this way on the 17/18 as well as trying to get hold of Donovan up there? If you can get hold of the wheels, then I can do the deposit. He is not very active on the Forum, so I do not know who may know him. Edge
FIRSTGEER
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Hi to the gang whom we are joing on the hoggsback jaunt.Cannot wait to sit aroung the camp fire with Edge serving me drinks and being there to jump to any of my needs.Jokes aside,the commaradie and fellowship around the campfire is really the cherry on top.The WEEKEND is still to far away.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Will be glad to help a Hilux member anytime :thumbup: lemme see if I can locate him this side
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
AM Racing
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Post by AM Racing »

As discussed Andy will be there little dude included. If it rains we might book in somewhere. looking forward to it...
ImageImageImage
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

AM Racing wrote:As discussed Andy will be there little dude included. If it rains we might book in somewhere. looking forward to it...
Cool! :thumbup: When are you planning on leaving? I was toying with the idea of going up on the Friday already, but my daughter wants to come along and she will still be working Friday evening. So we will leave early Saturday morning if you want to travel together. ;-)

Sebata
Town: Cosmo City
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds
Club VHF Licence: X125

Post by Sebata »

the Lion man will be with Donkey as well............ lock your animals coz the lion will be loose..... :dance1: :dance1: :dance1:
Tau Sello
Sebata, Lion enjoys hunting with Hynas...
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Great stuff Sebata! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Update

Andy, Sheridene & MIL + daughter & friend ........ (5)
Sebata ........................................................ (1)
AntonV6 & Swambo + rugrat/s .......................... (Cancelled)
Dylan, Swambo + 'ankle snapper' ....................... (3)[/quote]

;-)

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

One week left!! :dance1:

A Google map overview for perspective .....

W-WALD1.JPG

Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

You rubbing this in, Andy! :mrgreen:

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

:lol: Nah, Eric, .... just trying to keep the thread alive. There may still be one or two late comers to join us. ;-) They know who they are!! :lol:

AM Racing

Post by AM Racing »

Andy, what time you thinking of leaving?
ImageImageImage
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Probably somewhere between 6am and 7am ..... not too far so not necessary to leave earlier. If that's not convenient and you want to travel together, we could make it just a little later I suppose. :think:

AM Racing

Post by AM Racing »

Mud Dog wrote:Probably somewhere between 6am and 7am ..... not too far so not necessary to leave earlier. If that's not convenient and you want to travel together, we could make it just a little later I suppose. :think:
:thumbup: At the Sasol Abbotsford
ImageImageImage
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

AM Racing wrote:
Mud Dog wrote:Probably somewhere between 6am and 7am ..... not too far so not necessary to leave earlier. If that's not convenient and you want to travel together, we could make it just a little later I suppose. :think:
:thumbup: At the Sasol Abbotsford
I'll give you a call when we leave the house .... should give you enough time to get there before me since it's just around the corner from you. :thumbup:

Tumelo / Sebata, where are you leaving from and what time? :think:

Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

We're leaving Friday morning @ 08:00, should be there around 18:00 and maybe wet them throats :think: (Sundowners) :thumbup:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Oom Andy please PM me your contacts, just in case. :thumbup:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

Have a great trip guys,Oom Andy please send them home in one piece :thumbup:
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
Sebata
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds

Post by Sebata »

you minus today we are only 4 days away :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1:
Tau Sello
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

:cooldude:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
Sebata

Post by Sebata »

cant we leave 2hrs earlier? :dance1: :dance1: :dance1:
Tau Sello

Return to “Eastern Cape”