The Rocky Mountain Lesseyeton 4x4 Trail

Tell us about your favorite 4x4 trail. Tell us how easy or difficult it was, is there escape routes for the faint hearted? Please add some photographs if you can.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

The Rocky Mountain Lesseyeton 4x4 Trail

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Yeah awesome trail this is indeed, depending on the time of the year, if you are scared of getting a bit of mud on your vehicle or driving through water, then this trail is not for you :yahoo:

Last year we even had a great bunch of guys from East London with their Landrover's through this trail, they also enjoyed it very much, said that they will be back again this year, thus we are waiting to hear from them again :cool:

This trail can be driven in three directions.

Starting at The Red Bridge and then driving the trail all the way to the beginning of The Rocky Mountain 4x4 Trail and then doing that section of the trail as well if there is still sufficient time or you can do that section the next day.
Camping over at Eersterust Game Farm for the night which is just down the road and has a variety of 4x4 trails of it's own as well, camping at Eersterust is R100.00 per vehicle per night please note that you have to be self sufficient, no abulutions, just remember to bring along your spade and bogroll.

Monies collected from camping at Eersterust go towards The Research that is been done concerning a very rare small tree called a Tamboekie Thorntree, this tree only grows around Queenstown on Earth, we have already been doing this research for the last eleven years, erecting small cages around some of the trees to prevent animals from eating them and the seed pods.

Please note, this Game farm does not have purchased wild animals on it, it is a farm that has natural animals, for example there are wild small buck roaming around but you will only see them at night time, there are a variety of the following animals.

Rabbits, hares, ants, guinie fowl, cattle, donkeys, babboons, fish in the dams that you can catch if you know how to, gogges, birds, etc.

This game farm Eersterust is 67 hectars in size with no internal fences.

Okay the 2nd option to drive the Rocky Mountain Trail is from The Rocky Mountain 4x4 Trail at the other end and then coming back towards The Red Bridge.

The third option is to drive behind my Hilux and follow if you can, I will take you through difficult sections that are normally only driven by modified vehicle's like my own, this section is optional and not for sissies, even I get goose bumps sometimes as well :oops:

We have had The Amatola Off-Road Club from East London through this trail last year as well, they also enjoyed themselves 100%. And saids that they will be back again this year.

Please note, you do not need any special 4x4 license to drive this trail, all that you need is a 4x4 vehicle that has at least one diff lock, but be warned you will get stuck and then you will be able to use your expensive 4x4 recovery equipment that you have in your 4x4 to get you on your way again.

Driving this trail a person never knows what to expect, some sections change when the river flows, deeper holes form and we get stuck. :beg: However with the help of our fellow members of The Queenstown 4x4 Off-Road Club we are then soon on our way again.

If anybody wishes to join us on the trail, then please contact me at cell 083 703 6430 or by email not sure if it will be reconized here due to it's name, but here goes I will try again.

My email address is; bigballs@vodamail.co.za

Cost of driving the trail is R150.00 per vehicle, for the whole weekend or for the day, monies once again collected go towards cutting back the thorntree branches, we use labour from the locals area where people have been living since Queen Victoria gave Land and garden rights to 20 famileies when she visited this area in 1889.

There is much history to be learnt from this area as well, I even have a copy of the original Rules and Regulations that Queen Victoria issued to these people when they land was given to them.

So friends, 4x4 drivers, if you are looking for a 4x4 trail that you will remember for a long time to come in the future, then maybe you should visit us for a day or weekend.

IMG_4656.jpg
IMG_4657.jpg
IMG_4658.jpg
IMG_4665.jpg
IMG_4668.jpg
IMG_4679.jpg
IMG_4686.jpg
IMG_4687.jpg
IMG_4700.jpg
IMG_4704.jpg
IMG_4706.jpg
IMG_4707.jpg
IMG_4709.jpg
IMG_4710.jpg
IMG_4717.jpg
IMG_4719.jpg
IMG_4727.jpg
IMG_4729.jpg
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Hilux01
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Secunda
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0D4-D dc 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X85

Re: The Rocky Mountain Lesseyeton 4x4 Trail

Post by Hilux01 »

Looks like a great deal of fun!

Thanks for sharing :thumbup:
2013 Toyota Hilux 3.0D4-D dc 4x4