Bulldog at Mahem

Tell us about your favorite 4x4 trail. Tell us how easy or difficult it was, is there escape routes for the faint hearted? Please add some photographs if you can.
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Bulldog at Mahem

Post by Family_Dog »

These photos are courtesy of Cassie, from the trip that he, Bennie, Ewald, Marius & Jacques made to Mahem on 30th March, 2008.

---

Okay. So we had an outing to Mahem to test my locker and Eric's locker and gas reading (die bakkies :))

Here is the timeline in pics :)
While I was filling up I saw this Jeep and just had to share it with you

Eric, Louis's guys did an awesome job and they with the compressor as well
Check this awesome van waiting for action :)

The test equipment setup:

And some action photos:

I had a meeting with the panelbeater:

And then there is a trator among us:
Image :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: Bulldog at Mahem

Post by Family_Dog »

Some videos of the action...

---

I went up this snotty climb with Bulldog's wheels in the grooves the first time round on my second attempt. My first time I was just too slow, but I was testing the bulldogs limits, getting a feel for her new capabilities. But since I was the first to go up no video was taken of that attempt.

Then came Marius Safari with his Pampoen (open axles and 35's BF Muds) and on his 5th attempt ( I think so I lost count) he made it out. But by that time his Ma se 35's dug through the soft stuff and made a few new holes which made it impossible for Bulldog to go over with the small 245 road tyres as her diffs got stuck in the mud every time lifting all the wheels of the ground. I eventually had to get out of the grooves and go up next to them for the first part of the obstacle and then I made it

Now watch Cassie with the 265s going over with his diffs clearing. Even though he did do it with a bit more speed then me (contrary to believe Bulldog is not actually my vehicle so I do drive her with that extra bit of caution) his axles cleared where I got stuck. Ppity no one took photos of how the middleman was ploughed out.

So Eric if you were still wondering about the 31 STTs here is your answer :twisted: :twisted:

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Return to “Trail Reports”