First time 4x4ing - Hennops 4x4 trail

Tell us about your favorite 4x4 trail. Tell us how easy or difficult it was, is there escape routes for the faint hearted? Please add some photographs if you can.
Die$eL
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 06' Hilux 3.0 D4D 4X4

First time 4x4ing - Hennops 4x4 trail

Post by Die$eL »

OK, so i intended on doing a 4x4 course before attempting any trails but life gets in the way..

so this weekend my bro was around from the UK and my mum from KZN so we decided what better way to spend a saturday than a 4x4 trail

headed off to Hennops 4x4 trail near hartees
S 25°47.490’
E 27°58.912’

What awesome fun!

When we hit the first steep hill with lots of rocks my mum was ready to turn back :D:

Anyways we headed on. Avoided the really hectic obstacles since it was my first time out and I havent been on the course yet. (rather not damage The Big Zee)

Best thing about the trip was that there was no damage to the bakkie at all. Oh ya we also had loads of fun.

We took turns driving. Myself, my bro, my mum and wife. All had a blast! :dance1:

Here are some pics. Unfortunately the camera battery passed away early into the trip...
Attachments
IMG00036-20111217-1240a.jpg
Hows this captain's pose??
Hows this captain's pose??
IMG00035-20111217-124a0.jpg
IMG00039-20111217-1243a.jpg
IMG00040-20111217-1243a.jpg
Real drivers use three pedals
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Re: First time 4x4ing - Hennops 4x4 trail

Post by Donkey »

Well done :clap: you'll be surprised how many bakkies out there that never make it off-road and yet they are 4x4's.
But maybe that's why there is spray on mud :mocking:
Besides climbing the odd pavement many a guy, have no balls for the real stuff :shock2: and their attitude leave very little for the imagination.
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Well done Nishan! Baby steps .... and at least you've made a start. Your confidence in the vehicle will grow together with your driving skills as you progress. The important thing is to get out there and do it .... very good idea to include the family from the aspects of family fun / togetherness as well as that they will grow with you. :thumbup:

Keep it up! ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Die$eL
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 06' Hilux 3.0 D4D 4X4

Post by Die$eL »

Thanks guys.

Just been chatting to one of the ladies here at work. Convinced her to get her husband to bring his Legend 40 for the next outing... :)
Real drivers use three pedals
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Post by Traveler »

Well done Nishan.

Hope to see you on one of the GTG's in 2012.

Know what you don't know.

Return to “Trail Reports”