Hilux Country Visit Queenstown

Tell us about your favorite 4x4 trail. Tell us how easy or difficult it was, is there escape routes for the faint hearted? Please add some photographs if you can.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Hilux Country Visit Queenstown

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Yes Queenstown in The Eastern Cape has many 4x4 trails to choose from, rated from a 1 to a 5, but believe me there are more 5's than 3's, but depending on your vehicle, experience and time, you will leave Queenstown after your visit and will remember that you sure drove some extreme stuff, lekker trails and enjoyed the scenic views, you even managed to use your lockers, low range of your vehicle and feel that sweat run off your body

To start with here are a few photo's that were taken this afternoon at Eersterust Game Farm which is 4km from Queenstown, on this farm there is a certain tree that grows only around Queenstown and will not be found anywhere else on Earth, it is known as The Tamboekie Thorntree, will also post some pic's of this awesome looking tree.

And a short article that I have written about it.

This is the first time that a vehicle has been down this new trail, when driving down a decline like this, you must activate both lockers front and rear yes activate your lockers when you are driving down a steep incline like this as well this trail was so steep, that even with The Marlin Crawler secected in 1st gear low range I had to aklso use the brakes slightly, not because I was going too fast, but due to the hidden rocks and stones in the grass and on the trail that the vehicle was getting under the wheels and they caused the vehicle to slip then keep traction, but as soon as a few vehicles have been up or down this trail, the trail will improve.

Photo's do not give the correct impression of how steep the trail is or how high the incline is or side angle

1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
SYRON CONVERSIONS
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Re: Hilux Country Visit Queenstown

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Today we ventured out to The Hangklip Mountain area, this area consists of one vast big open area with No internal fences, we have been told that thuis area is in fact over 20 000 hectars in size.

A real 4x4 paradise

We had eight 4x4 vehicles that joined us today and a few Quads and Off-Road bikes.
The one bike conked out, it is pratically brand new but I it would not swtart, I recont hat there is something wrong with the CDI ignition, anyway we just loaded it onto the one Colt Rodeo and Gert took the rider back to the start off point and the guy loaded in back onto his 2wd bakkie and went home, then Andre' riding his 500 R Honda also experienced some trouble, it also conked out while he was attempting to ride up a very steep rocky incline, but we managed to get him going again.

Marion in his Landrover 110 decided to leave his vehicle near the starting point of this trail, the left rear wheel bearing was stuffing out, must be from the mid driving they did last week at that dam, the mud must have stuffed up everything in the hub

In case of it stuffinmg out and not been able to get his vehicle back, this is why he did this, very considerate of him indeed.
Then Rob in his Mazda Double cab 4x4 also hit a large rock somewhere amongst the grassy plain and thus the bash plate under the transfer case was bent up against the bottom of the transfer case, this is why the vehicle was not ideling correctly, anyway we soon had Rob on his way again.

Some photo's showing this days event will follow and some writing explaining what and who is driving or riding.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan

Return to “Trail Reports”