Vleesbaai 4x4 dunes

Tell us about your favorite 4x4 trail. Tell us how easy or difficult it was, is there escape routes for the faint hearted? Please add some photographs if you can.
Giovann
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2007 4l V6 Hilux Raider D/C A/T

Vleesbaai 4x4 dunes

Post by Giovann »

Going to mosselbaai for a long weekend in March...

Wanna hit this trail, can anyone tell me about it... Is it a circular route or is it just dune bashing like Atlantis...

Also I'll probably be flying solo, it advisable to go it without a Ranger to pull my Hilux out or are u unlikely to get stuck there (unless u do something realy stupid)
DikDirk
Town: Paarl
Vehicle: 2011 Toyota Hilux 3.0 4x4 / 2012 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 4x4

Re: Vleesbaai 4x4 dunes

Post by DikDirk »

I prefer Vleesbaai over Atlantis anyday! Circular route with "playpits" here and there. Also that long dune at the end is great fun!
You are unlikely to get stuck, but there are tractors on the farm to help you out if you're really in the *a*.
December we had a guide that took a group of 10 cars through the dunes. I'm not sure if that was just for the holidays they did it like that, or if they always have a guide.
Image Image
Giovann
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2007 4l V6 Hilux Raider D/C A/T

Post by Giovann »

Top stuff, looking forward to this route glad to hear that its not to difficult so I can leave non existent Ranger friends at home :surrender:

Most of the online videos/picture I see look like organized convoys, I'm wondering if they actually do guided drives along the route or if those just are random guys & girls on the dunes.
Punishing_Steel
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Kempton park
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux, 3.0 4x4

Post by Punishing_Steel »

Vleesbaai duine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Trail Reports”