CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: De Wildt 16 June 2012

Post by CasKru »

SuidWes wrote:Looks like you guys had loads of fun :thumbup:

Wou julle graag join maar klein Christo is in die bed met bronchitis :sick: :(

Cassie, daai swem gaan jou 'n tyd lank besig hou.... :twisted: Onthou ook om die fan binne te check. Myne het na 'n swem water ingekry en eers maande later opgehou werk.
Gelukkig vir was die water darem nog nie so hoog nie. As dit so 2cm hoër gestyg het dan het dit aan die eletics begin raak. Maar ja... dit groot werk wag nog
To God be the glory
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Ek hoop hulle gee vir jou 'n paar "quick dry" hempies en broekies vir Vadersdag :D:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Post by GI Jane »

Wow... looked like you all had loads of fun... Great photo's... Also looks like a fantastic venue and trail...

Just a blond question please... Cassie are'nt you meant to walk the obstacle before you take your lux in? Or was it sooo deep that you were looking in the water for your lux after it had submerged?
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

GI Jane wrote:Wow... looked like you all had loads of fun... Great photo's... Also looks like a fantastic venue and trail...

Just a blond question please... Cassie are'nt you meant to walk the obstacle before you take your lux in? Or was it sooo deep that you were looking in the water for your lux after it had submerged?
We took our camera's with..... :mocking: :mocking: :mocking:

He did walk the obstacle, that's exactly why I posted them in reverse order :lol: :lol: :lol:
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

GI Jane wrote:Wow... looked like you all had loads of fun... Great photo's... Also looks like a fantastic venue and trail...

Val... you are right. When we eventually got Bloudraad out and I dried up the distributor, washed the alternator out with clean water, did the back stroke in the water and indicated with the stick where the deep part start; I did turn to all standing around and stated;" Okay that is the end of todays lesson. First walk the obstacle". :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

I think I would have been fine if the dizzy didn't get any water. Ernst went through twice before me so I didn't even bother walking. I did see that it's quite a drop into the water. I just took it slow just to get into the water as to not damage the radiator and fan. I was planning to accelerate as soon as the rear wheels started dropping but at exactly that stage the engine started to splutter coming to a halt with with the spare wheel underneath the bakkie onto of the middle mannetjie under water. So then I was going no where.

I got out attached the rope to Bloudraad and tried to pull it out. This didn't work as my rear bumper caught on the wall. So I got out again and took the Q20 and opened the dizzy, dried it out with some toilet paper and then drenched it with Q20. Put all back together again. We also took some of the wall away with spades to make the exit a bit easier. I then started Bloudraad without a hassle but as soon as the fan started spraying water over the dizzy again, it started spluttering again.

But with a nice tug from Ernst and his 4L V6 (awesome sounding motor) we got Bloudraad out. I let it keep spluttering in the hope that the bit of water in the dizzy would burn away but it didn't. So switched off, open the dizzy, dry out with toilet paper again and spray with Q20 again. Also took 2L water I keep in the bakkie at all times and sprayed it all over the alternator to clean it as best possible. Then I tried to start again.... dead... not even a sound. Quickly checked a few things but assumed the solenoid is dirty and stuck. So Johan helped me to short out the starter and then it started and the engine running smoothly and purring. We then headed to the braai area where I parked on a slope for incase the starter still did not want to work. I went and took a cold shower and then Mark offered me the shirt of his back. Coenraad also offered me spare pants he bought with but I declined.

So at about 16:30 we left De Wildt. Johan and Johan gave bloudraad a gentle push and it started first time with the push start. All the way home it ran without a hitch as if nothing happened. So... the damages suffered.... will have to take of the starter and strip and clean, will strip out the seats and carpet and properly clean them. Will also replace the felt. And while I have everything out, will add some sound damping (found a place witch sell it at R1500 for 30m2). So it's only the hassle of taking every thing out and cleaning that I suffered in damages. So all is well that end well.

Just hope the people enjoyed the entertainment.
To God be the glory
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Oja... I also took off the spot lights and washed them out. The reflective surface did suffer some damage but luckily not that much

En wat ek vergeet het om te sê... jammer vir al die ouens wat radios in hulle karre gehad het :blushing: :blushing:
To God be the glory
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Post by GI Jane »

They were stunning Cassie, and so happy that there is always someone to teach us the right and wrong way... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: To be honest we also did'nt walk our crossing either and some of our guys had to be recovered in the deeper section... I just went in gently to the left of where they got stuck and floored it to get out.. but must confess our vehicles are just so accommodating.... of course we still had others that still did the crazy option...
WayneSchalk
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Krugersdorp
Vehicle: 2019 Toyota Hilux 2.8 GD-6 4X4 DC Auto
Club VHF Licence: X117

Post by WayneSchalk »

Looks like you guys had fun.....?

Cassie glad to hear you will be able to get everything back to normal without too much damage. Looking at the pictures I'm still shocked :shock:
Cleaner
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4l V6 4x4 Auto
Club VHF Licence: X31

Post by Cleaner »

Thank you to everyone that made this day possible!

It was Awesome! Learned so much, had so much fun and to top it all off - What great people!

Every time we go out, I bring people with for the experience and every time we are done, they just cannot stop talking about how nice the people are!

Well done to everyone that was there!
ImageImageImage
"Every loaf of bread is tragic story of grains that could've become beer, but didn't. - Walter Thornburgh"
"The best cure for Sea Sickness, is to sit under a tree. - Spike Milligan"
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

Thank you to everyone that made the day such a huge success!!!!

It was really a fantastic day and the trail is great, but driving it in the Rival brand (LR) was more fun as it proved to be very noisy and rough, which was great for my workout and just reminded me how much Better a SFA Hilux is compared to it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Erenst, it was great meeting you, and having a few good laughs on the trail. :thumbup:

Mark, nice foto's, maar net bietjie min vir iemand wat heeltyd foto's geneem het!! :twisted: :tease:

Sien julle by Moegatle!!!
Johan Marais
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

ja nee, Ooompie. Jyt bietjie min foto's gepost. Ek is seker daar is nog meer fot's, en ek neem aan jou internet is uncapped.
ImageImage

Return to “Gauteng”