LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: 4.0L V6 Vigo 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC249

Gauteng Club event suggestions

Post by Mylux »

Hi all,

Considering the poor response to recent events held in the Gauteng region, I would like to propose that suggestions are put forward in order to determine what the preferances are from fellow club members.

Please be forth coming and make your suggestions on what type and where you would like to have get togethers.

It is not always possible to accomodate everyone's needs but we can certainly try our best to do so.

Look forward to your replies.

Cheers
Greg
Changes
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Fortuner
Club VHF Licence: HC 285

Re: Gauteng Club event suggestions

Post by Changes »

August month.... 2 rivers at Giyani..
Do not BRAND bash...!!!
Landi is not a brand.. :lmao:
Obelix and Dogmatix
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: ROODEPOORT
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

Post by Obelix and Dogmatix »

Suggestions on how, when and where is all good. But also remember that you can also put a "private" event on the forum for guys to join you on a day or weekend trip.

The Committee is trying hard to organise outings so please help Greg and the rest of us to make this an Club.
Rules are there to make you think before you break them!!!
God made man before
woman so as to give him time
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
Dowe Koos
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Buschwagen 2.7 4x4

Post by Dowe Koos »

Hallo daar, Gautengers. Ons almal het maar verskillende belangstellings, lewensuitkykpunte, ens. Alhoewel ek lief is vir die buitelewe en 4x4, het ek ook ander dinge wat ek graag doen en dit gebeur somstyd dat dit meer tyd vat dat ek nie by die BL en 4x4 uitkom nie. My voorstel is dat almal wat ernstig is oor die klub is, een Saterdag bymekaar kom by n sentrale punt. Dan gooi ons voorstelle in en stamp koppe. Glo ons sal meer uitgerig kry op hierdie manier as om heen en weer op die forum te probeer bespreek. As ons n jaarplan het, gaan dit ook help om ons planne vooruit te beplan. Op daardie dag kan ons sommer braai hou na die koppe stamp. Waar is n sentrale punt, iets soos Gilooly Farm of ander voorstel.
Ecc 1:9 Wat gewees het, dit sal daar weer wees; en wat gebeur het, dit sal weer gebeur, en daar is glad niks nuuts onder die son nie.
Nick S
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Bedfordview
Vehicle: 3L Legend 45 D4D 4x4 DC/AT. RSI Canopy, Snorkel and Radio
Club VHF Licence: HC219

Post by Nick S »

Id be keen on any given enough time.
Also please don't take offence or even the whole gate, but loads of us are not experienced and If I feel there is a chance that I am going to bend my lux I just keep on scrolling. Its not a reflection on the club, Its that I lack the experience to join in and feel safe that My bakkie will come back looking like a something other than a hilux...
To build bridges, you need to go to where the rivers are.
Dowe Koos
Vehicle: Toyota Buschwagen 2.7 4x4

Post by Dowe Koos »

Hi Nick, there is quite a lot easy trails that is definitive not going to break or bend whatever is on your vehicle. Just ask the event organizer to organize one for the new guys or beginners. After that we talk again.
Ecc 1:9 Wat gewees het, dit sal daar weer wees; en wat gebeur het, dit sal weer gebeur, en daar is glad niks nuuts onder die son nie.
Nick S
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Nick S »

look my biching aside... ill still try anything once so I'm keen, even if i'm a passenger watching other okes not bend their bakkies.
rigardt
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Alberton
Vehicle: 2012 DC Hilux D4D
Club VHF Licence: HC348

Post by rigardt »

Nick join us this weekend at the wedge.
its lots of fun and you wont damage your vehicle I promise. I've been there before. there is lots of escape routes.
rigardt
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by rigardt »

We try and attend as many events as possible.
We avoid the camping events (for now) as we are not camp ready (yet)
Apart from that I think a yearly calendar will work great.
It used to be like that when I joined the club. That way everyone can plan ahead.
Also some events must be like a training event for guys that own a 4x4 but have never done a trial.
I have 2 places in mind. I have never been there before but by the looks of them they are not for the beginners (like me) !
Bass lake
Thaba Nkwe
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

You guys must gatvol (like At se gat) of places like Hennops, Moegatle, Kungwini and the like .... we have lots of nice trails here for you to visit the Eastern Cape! :D:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

Hi Greg,

with regards to the above mentioned from various members, I have picked up that a lot of people do have the skill to do relative technical and challenging trails and the newer guys feels left out with this as they are not confident enough (even with guided assistance) to do these trails.

I would suggest a more easy "training" trail like Bass lake, Kungwini & De Wildt are all excellent options around GP, where the skills of those that are experienced drivers and the newbies alike get a chance to hone their skill and get the nerves settled down on the newby's to start enjoying the vehicles. I would suggest that these type of events should maybe be optioned at a quarterly intervals. A lot of newer members have joined on the forum and we should get them excited to join the club and get to learn the basics correctly from the more experienced hands. I am not suggesting a off road club training as this gets tricky and can go messy quickly. Just the basics explained as to how certain things work, and why we do certain things like tyre pressures ect. Just to make it easier and more calming on the trail should the newbie have to engage his/her vehicle's diff lock or desecent control. It might be boring for those who know his own vehicle, but try and coach it from the passenger seat and even the experienced hands will have an entertaining day.

The more challenging trails should also be on offer to those that want to challenge their skill and vehicles, and we should even make it a social spectator day (controlled) at certain locations for the newer and more inexperienced members to come and have a look and experience it from the sidelines. Its all about involvement and yes we cannot satisfy all the needs of everyone everytime, but we should look into creating events throughout the year that keeps its interesting and social.

Also the camping events should be looked at from a social point of view and taking some pointers from the adventure bikers some camp and some stay in chalets depending on the gear available, resources and preferences. There is a few campsites and fixed accommodation options are located close to each other. The events should be available for all from the rookie camper to the non camper and even the overlanders. It is here at these social events that new plans and more excitement gets cultivated.

Mud for one is not a very big drawcard for me personally and I know that there are some that want to play in the mud and change the colour of their 4x4's. I avoid the mud holes if possible as I don't have the time to spend a weekend cleaning out my vehicle.

That said I would say that I am guilty of not attending a lot of events, :banned: however I am located on average 200km solo trip away from the event which do add a fair amount of extra costs and time which makes the day a bit long, and driving back after the socail or braai at night through GP is not my preference with all the things happening up there.... :surrender:

Greg I do know what effort and time do go into arranging an event and this is just maybe putting it out there for the others to discuss also. A central meetup point would be ideal but with time being a limiting factor in each one's day, I think you guys as the organisers should take the pointers and work it over and maybe do a trail presentation and see what the interest will be in certain events and pioneer from there maybe a new way of playing and socializing within the club.
Johan Marais
Mylux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: 4.0L V6 Vigo 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC249

Post by Mylux »

Hi all,

Thanks very much for your responses and input thus far. It's great to read all the comments and you've added some valuable suggestions.

I will take stock of all the comments and provide an action plan going forward.

Regards
Greg
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Hi

I like and agree to Johan's suggestion, as soon as my truck is 100% I'll be able to ride, for now only a kuier.

Shweet
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Changes wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:52 am August month.... 2 rivers at Giyani..
Nou praa' jy!!

Speak to Vlak Vark - he is our Phalaborwa connection and check on the water levels regularly.

Now, I need to find myself a suitable vehicle...
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Yo-Yo
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC 306

Post by Yo-Yo »

As discussed == I am willing
Hot and Sweaty -- Nice if you with a Lady---BAD if you in the Jungle.
Johan Havenga
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Heidelberg Gauteng
Vehicle: Toyota Prado 120 V6

Post by Johan Havenga »

Hi Gents,

Spookspruit is always available for the Club.

Just saying...
Bliksempie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria Montana
Vehicle: 2.4 SFA
Club VHF Licence: HC115

Post by Bliksempie »

Anywhere, anytime. Always in for koppe stamp and way forward discussions.
When Life knocks you down, make sure you fall on your back. If you can look up, you can get up

Nutydread
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux

Post by Nutydread »

We have a dedicated overland rig. We would love to learn as there is never enough to learn. If I ever need to use the skill it would likely be while on a trip with the vehicle configuration heavy, little top heavy and full of camp gear and people. If I learn and practice with less than what I would be using on a trip I might get myself and the vehicle into allot of trouble. In essence you're not only learning skill, but limits as well.
My point is that at an event such as you are suggesting it would be good to use my vehicle and kit as I would on a trip. If I have the opportunity to be part of such a sosial I would appreciate tracks as we would encounter while on overland 4x4 trails to hone skills with our heavy rigged overlander without destroying it and without ridicule.
I want to know what can and cannot be done with my vehicle, and for that we need help from the pro's like yourselves at events where I feel welcome as an overlander, where I can participate and not only be a spectator.
Obelix and Dogmatix
Town: ROODEPOORT
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

Post by Obelix and Dogmatix »

Nutydread wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 2:59 pm We have a dedicated overland rig. We would love to learn as there is never enough to learn. If I ever need to use the skill it would likely be while on a trip with the vehicle configuration heavy, little top heavy and full of camp gear and people. If I learn and practice with less than what I would be using on a trip I might get myself and the vehicle into allot of trouble. In essence you're not only learning skill, but limits as well.
My point is that at an event such as you are suggesting it would be good to use my vehicle and kit as I would on a trip. If I have the opportunity to be part of such a sosial I would appreciate tracks as we would encounter while on overland 4x4 trails to hone skills with our heavy rigged overlander without destroying it and without ridicule.
I want to know what can and cannot be done with my vehicle, and for that we need help from the pro's like yourselves at events where I feel welcome as an overlander, where I can participate and not only be a spectator.
Watch the forum and come join any trip. Regarding the ridicule comment, that will always happen but in a good natured fashion. Hope to see you on the trails one day
Rules are there to make you think before you break them!!!
God made man before
woman so as to give him time
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
Changes
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Fortuner
Club VHF Licence: HC 285

Post by Changes »

So far a million suggestions and ideas but no action..........??
Do not BRAND bash...!!!
Landi is not a brand.. :lmao:
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

Kom mense.

Tyd weer vir bietjie speel op 'n Saterdag of Sondag.

De wild
Hennops
Selfs die Fonteine 4x4 roette. Ek weet baie het al die 2 eerstes gery maar kom ons begin erens.

10 de of 11Junie???????? :subscribed:

Ek kry nou ontrekkings simptome. :D:
rigardt
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by rigardt »

if I manage to finish fixing my bash plates this weekend them I'm game for the 10th
Bliksempie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria Montana
Vehicle: 2.4 SFA
Club VHF Licence: HC115

Post by Bliksempie »

10de Junie klink vir my ook na goeie datum.
When Life knocks you down, make sure you fall on your back. If you can look up, you can get up

rigardt
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by rigardt »

lyk vir my die mense is maar bang vir die koue !
weet ook nie of ek dit gaan maak nie. me verf wil net nie droog raak in die winters dag nie
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

Sal eers moet clutch doen, gly gly so in 5de as ek voet neer sit...big beat no speed
stumps
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: Toyota 4.0L D/C 4x4; Camil
Club VHF Licence: X225

Re: RE: Re: Gauteng Club event suggestions

Post by stumps »

Bliksempie wrote:10de Junie klink vir my ook na goeie datum.
In

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

2008 Hilux 4.0L 4x4 (Mufasa)
Toyota 4.0L D/C 4x4; Camil suspesion, Long Range tank, Kilber snorkel

1Co 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;

http://www.sandriver.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.travelconsortium.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johan Havenga
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Johan Havenga »

With the absence of any arrangements for Club outings, who would be interested in a unofficial "Club Day" at Spookspruit 4x4 Trail on the 12th August 2017?

https://www.coopertyres.co.za/News/Read/20061

If there is any interest I will start a separate thread.
stumps
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: Toyota 4.0L D/C 4x4; Camil
Club VHF Licence: X225

Post by stumps »

Interested

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2008 Hilux 4.0L 4x4 (Mufasa)
Toyota 4.0L D/C 4x4; Camil suspesion, Long Range tank, Kilber snorkel

1Co 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;

http://www.sandriver.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.travelconsortium.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PaulSA
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: PRETORIA
Vehicle: 2004 KZTE 3000

Post by PaulSA »

I am interested-but cannot promise participation.

(Not exactly sure of availability---kid's school activities)
rigardt
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by rigardt »

I would have loved to do this. I have been threatening to start my hilux for a few weeks, but building alterations and work just keeps on getting in the way !!
Nick S
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Nick S »

Interested
Johan Havenga
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Johan Havenga »

Return to “Gauteng”