ROOKIE
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: HILLCREST
Vehicle: 12 4.0 V6 4x4.

Camping Weekend?

Post by ROOKIE »

Hello All.

Myself and a few mates are planning a long weekend to the Ithala game reserve near Vryheid KZN. We are planning at camping at the Doornkraal campsite for the weekend 20 to 23 October.

Would anyone from the Hilux4x4 forum like to join?

The plan is as follows:-

Arrive Friday late morning / early afternoon. Pitch camp and perhaps do a sundownder drive to a view point.

Saturday is just an exploration day at your own pace and whim, and we meet back at camp that evening for a braai.

Sunday, we plan to do the Bivane (sp??) 4x4 trail which starts near the campsite and runs along a ridge line toward the Bivane River where we will have lunch. With the drought I don’t think there will be much water in the river. After lunch, we will head back to camp.

Monday, is pack up and depart.

Doornkraal is a pretty rustic camp, with no powered campsites and I am not sure if the water is drinkable, so campers will need to be pretty self sufficient for the weekend.

Some more information can be found below.

http://www.kznwildlife.com/index.php/ac ... rts/ithala

If you want to join us, book yourselves a site by calling 033 845 1000 or making use of the www and post here so we know who to look out for.

Thanks all!
09 4.0 V6 Auto 4x4.
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Re: Camping Weekend?

Post by Haboob »

Do give us a report back, as we wanted to stay over there on our way back from Kruger, but changed our route as we were not sure of road conditions between there and Durban/Pinetown...
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
ROOKIE
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: HILLCREST
Vehicle: 12 4.0 V6 4x4.

Re: Camping Weekend?

Post by ROOKIE »

Hi All.

It was a great weekend.

Below find the hyperlink to the brief trip report

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43114