boerbakkie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Strand
Vehicle: Toyota 2.5 d4d/dc SRX 4x4
Club VHF Licence: leo

Re: 28th July Tierkloof 4x4...

Post by boerbakkie »

Hoppy! Ek het nou net op http://www.yr.no" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; die langtermyn weer gaan kyk en dit lyk of jul manne maar jul kamp goedtjies kan pak vir lekker weer! Ligte suidoos, Sonskyn en temprature tussen 6 en 16 grade. Glo jul sal dit oorleef! Die website se weer is meer akuraat as ons eie weerstasie sin. Dit gee weer tot op die uur aan.
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Post by GI Jane »

Wilko, ek het ook na n paar weather sites gekyk, en dit lyk asof die weer goed gaan wees....

So yes Hoppy, I will most probably be camping on both Friday and Satuday night.... If you guys like we can wait until further into the week to get a camping list together. I think in this case we will not need to pay deposits beforehand but if we can just get an idea of who will be camping the weekend, it will be helpful... I will take my 4x4 trailer through so that we have a kuier place with kitchen etc

Stu and Truckin indicated earlier that they will be camping, you will not be alone... sure there a number of others that might brave the winter cold
Stubs
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Onrusrivier Hermanus
Vehicle: 89, Hilux D/cab 3.0L V6 Ford !!

Post by Stubs »

jip I intend to camp both nights.... :shock2:
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.

Post by GI Jane »

Stubs wrote:jip I intend to camp both nights.... :shock2:
Stu what time are you going through on Friday? Not sure where you will be leaving from, but if from Caledon, Villiersdorp route maybe quicker.. We can meet up somewhere on route maybe at Villiersdorp and drive through together... Juan and JC can meet up with us if he is camping 2 nights.. very sceinic way to get to Rawsonville other than the N1...
truckin
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: 2006 2.7VVTI Hilux SRX Single Cab 4x4

Post by truckin »

GI Jane wrote:
Stu what time are you going through on Friday? Not sure where you will be leaving from, but if from Caledon, Villiersdorp route maybe quicker.. We can meet up somewhere on route maybe at Villiersdorp and drive through together... Juan and JC can meet up with us if he is camping 2 nights.. very sceinic way to get to Rawsonville other than the N1...
Hay Aunty Val.. ja ek kamp ook heelnaweek saam... Me n Jc only leaving Durbanville around 2ish..if you like me and you can meet up about franshoek side and drive over the pass to villiersdorp and meet the soutie there..
“The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.”

“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. - Not screaming like all the passengers in his car -
Nick Bettys
Town: Bettys Bay
Vehicle: Toyota Legend 40

Post by Nick Bettys »

Hi Val, Ek en Berna is ook in vir Tierkloof as daar nog plek is. Ons is due vir n roete. Ek dink nie ons sal kamp nie, hang af van die weer. Nick :dance1: :celebrate:
Royco
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: '09 D4D 3.0 Raider 4x4 D/Cab
Club VHF Licence: X88

Post by Royco »

Nick Bettys wrote:Hi Val, Ek en Berna is ook in vir Tierkloof as daar nog plek is. Ons is due vir n roete. Ek dink nie ons sal kamp nie, hang af van die weer. Nick :dance1: :celebrate:
:thumbup: :thumbup: Sal goed wees om jou weer te sien, Nick.
Image Image Image Image
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Nick Bettys wrote:Hi Val, Ek en Berna is ook in vir Tierkloof as daar nog plek is. Ons is due vir n roete. Ek dink nie ons sal kamp nie, hang af van die weer. Nick :dance1: :celebrate:
Hey Nick thats great... see you and Berna on Saturday... Have'nt seen you since the Wolsley day, so it will be great to get together again....
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

truckin wrote:
GI Jane wrote:
Hay Aunty Val.. ja ek kamp ook heelnaweek saam... Me n Jc only leaving Durbanville around 2ish..if you like me and you can meet up about franshoek side and drive over the pass to villiersdorp and meet the soutie there..
Boetie, Stu and I made arrangements to meet at Villiersdorp at 1, so do you want to contact Stu and make it that we meet at Villiersdorp later then or do you want to get their at 1pm
truckin
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by truckin »

Hi Val.. I cant make it for 1.. cause Jc only gets out of school at 1 then we quikly have to stop at home and change clothes then i can leave.. but i will giv the stubster a shout see how he feels.. otherwise we'll just meet you guys there

“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. - Not screaming like all the passengers in his car -
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

No problem.. Just let me know what you guys decide.. I'm fine with it... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: but anyway looking forward to the weekend.. and warn that son of yours he is going to get lots of hugs...
tersmit
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Durbanville Cape Town
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4x4 4.0 Auto D/C, 185a/h Dual Battery Sistem, 1500w inverter

Post by tersmit »

Hi Val
Is there any possiblity of accomodating another Vehicle, it's not a Hilux, it's a Triton ?
Stubs

Post by Stubs »

as long as the triton does better than the one at Outrekpad 4x4 outing :blackeye: :surrender:
tersmit
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by tersmit »

Hope so
The Hilux wont dissapoint though.
This will be my last trip with a stock standard V6
Stubs

Post by Stubs »

lekker, will be great to catch up... :yahoo:
tersmit
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by tersmit »

We must go drive in the sand between Franskraal and Perly Beach
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

Post by Hilux 1 »

ek is in Pearly Beach die 8ste tot die 12 August
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

tersmit wrote:Hi Val
Is there any possiblity of accomodating another Vehicle, it's not a Hilux, it's a Triton ?
That's fine Tersmit, just remember we are going to do the trail in two groups and with such large numbers, we are going to have to give quite a long gap between the two... The one group I believe will leave between 8 and 830 and the other at least 2 hours after that so that we don't have a big blockup on the trail...
tersmit
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by tersmit »

Thanx Val
have we decided who is going in what group ?

T
Serle
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Fortuner 4x4 d4d

Post by Serle »

Hi Val, could you please post directions to Tierkloof 4x4 farm, coming in from CT.

Thanks, Serle
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

I was thinking that the first people to arrive early and those that wanted to get away early should go first, and that will be the first 10-15... Some of us are camping so I don't think the campers will be in too much of a rush... I know that there are some people that don't want to spend time at the back of a very big group so they should go first and the rest to chill and have breakfast and coffee and start later...

Serle am going to see how I can load a map of the directions, I can see it on mapsource but not sure how to get it into this post at the moment, but will find out... and get it on asap...
Stubs

Post by Stubs »

Serle wrote:Hi Val, could you please post directions to Tierkloof 4x4 farm, coming in from CT.

Thanks, Serle
Hi Serle,

from CapeTown take the N1 all the way through the hugenot tunnel, then you will need to turn off towards Rawsonville, travel all the way through Rawsonville and head back towards Worcester direction, on this back road just keep your eyes open for the Brandvlei Correctional services sign, turn right at this sign and follow along the Brandvlei dam. The campsite/4x4 trail is signposted on your right hand side.

Very easy to get to,

cheers
Stubs
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Thanks Stubs, The turnoff to Rawsonville is the R101, road through town is Van Riebeeck Street follow that road out of town and it is the 4th turn to the right that takes you to the Tierkloof gate ie the Brandvlei prison road.. The GPS co-ordinates are S33.70468 E19.39619,
Serle

Post by Serle »

Thanks very much.
Royco

Post by Royco »

Serle, you can also meet at the Winelands 1Stop on the N1.
Just get there BEFORE 7, so you can get coffee :thumbup: :thumbup:
Image Image Image Image
truckin
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by truckin »

GI Jane wrote:No problem.. Just let me know what you guys decide.. I'm fine with it... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: but anyway looking forward to the weekend.. and warn that son of yours he is going to get lots of hugs...
:lmao: :lmao: , i told Jc that aunty Val is camping with us the whole weekend.. his reply was..."Is that the aunty that gives me so many hugs all the time"..

GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

truckin wrote:
GI Jane wrote:No problem.. Just let me know what you guys decide.. I'm fine with it... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: but anyway looking forward to the weekend.. and warn that son of yours he is going to get lots of hugs...
:lmao: :lmao: , i told Jc that aunty Val is camping with us the whole weekend.. his reply was..."Is that the aunty that gives me so many hugs all the time"..
Will have to bring some sweeties so he does'nt keep running away from me... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
Serle

Post by Serle »

Roy, meeting at the Winelands 1Stop for coffee is fine with me.
Toybox
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Hilex
Club VHF Licence: X100

Post by Toybox »

Can anyone tell me approximately how long the trail should take?
boerbakkie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Strand
Vehicle: Toyota 2.5 d4d/dc SRX 4x4
Club VHF Licence: leo

Post by boerbakkie »

Hi Val! Onthou net die keer jou kamera!!!!!
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Ahoy Jono, if all goes well(no recoveries) about 3 hours, but with all the stopping/going/sports on this scenic route I'd bet on 5 - 6 hours!
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

boerbakkie wrote:Hi Val! Onthou net die keer jou kamera!!!!!
Sal definitief, nie die keer vergeet nie, ry al vroegerig Vrydag om te kyk of ek nie al Vrydag middag sons ondergang iets kan afneem... en na Oooms se gespotery by die laaste byeenkoms waag ek dit nie weer doen nie...
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Profiles of the groups for the day....

The first group:- arriving early and first at Tierkloof and leaving first on the trail; wanting to get home early to watch the Stormers play the Sharks, or other family commitments; willing to take very few if any short breaks for photo's...

The second group.... chilled... Lus for a breakkie before the trail, would like to take photo's while not holding up 24 vehicles behind themselves...

Does that sound fair? or are there any other things that I need to consider...

Also the weather look cold but no rain so far, so are any other people other than Stubs, Truckin and myself that are thinking of camping... would like to give a rough estimate to the trail owners...
Toybox
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Hilex
Club VHF Licence: X100

Post by Toybox »

Mr_B wrote:Ahoy Jono, if all goes well(no recoveries) about 3 hours, but with all the stopping/going/sports on this scenic route I'd bet on 5 - 6 hours!
Thanks bud, will have to coax the wife to get up at sparrows for the early group then. Got rugby tickets :cooldude:
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: '89 Hilux SFA - SOLD; '95 Hilux - STOLEN; '67 Series 2A Land Rover; 3.5 V6 Pajero; 120 Prado VX 4.0

Post by the BuTch3R »

GI Jane wrote:... I must also add that in my experience, things come up and at the last minute for some people and they can't make it... so the group could even land up being a lot less....
...and I'm the 1st to drop out. As much as I was looking forward to this trail, my August budget has taken a sudden, unexpected (yet most welcome) knock :arrow:

http://www.timeslive.co.za/entertainmen ... uth-africa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :yahoo:

Have fun guys. :thumbup:
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

the BuTch3R wrote:
GI Jane wrote:... I must also add that in my experience, things come up and at the last minute for some people and they can't make it... so the group could even land up being a lot less....
...and I'm the 1st to drop out. As much as I was looking forward to this trail, my August budget has taken a sudden, unexpected (yet most welcome) knock :arrow:

http://www.timeslive.co.za/entertainmen ... uth-africa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :yahoo:

Have fun guys. :thumbup:
Shaun, I'm offended, you dumping us for Linkin Park!!!!! :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

Just kidding, enjoy the show, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: how about the long weekend at Boegoeberg, surely you going to make it on a trail with us sometime....
ThysdJ
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

So who else is meeting us at the Wynland 1-Stop besides Tertius and Serle?
Roy we're meeting you at the Toll Gate? That way you dont have to back-track?

If we leave the 1-Stop at exactly 7am we should be at the Toll Gate by about 7:20? :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Royco

Post by Royco »

ThysdJ wrote:So who else is meeting us at the Wynland 1-Stop besides Tertius and Serle?

If we leave the 1-Stop at exactly 7am we should be at the Toll Gate by about 7:20? :thumbup: :thumbup:
Perfect! :thumbup:
Image Image Image Image
Gideonvanzyl
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 D/C 4x4

Post by Gideonvanzyl »

ThysdJ wrote:So who else is meeting us at the Wynland 1-Stop besides Tertius and Serle?

ek gaan jou ook daar kry Thys, sal van my laat hoor as iets voorval en ek is laat. Jy het 1 vrou om aan te jaag, ek het 3. Sal probeer om 06h45 daar te wees.
Toyota Hilux 2.7 Legend 35 (Bullnose) 2003 d/cab 4x4 with Cooper Discoverer AT 3's on with unichip and Powerflow exhaust. Name: Blouwillebees
Royco

Post by Royco »

Thys, does the Ford have a VHF radio? Or should I call you on channel 14 (29MHz)?
OK, Jokes aside.... I assume it does have VHF, and new ORRA 7 (OLD ORRA 1) ?
Image Image Image Image
Keiler
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: '05 4.0 DC manual-ARB - WARN - KC - DUAL BATT - OLD MAN EMU - BFG 31 10.5 15 and 4.0dc 4x4 and 320 dc isuzu 4x4 to recover the hiluxes

Post by Keiler »

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: maar my tent opgesit net ingeval ek lus raak vir kamp , kan ek nog saterdag ook so besluit val of moet ek vooraf book :roll: :roll: :roll:
Attachments
aluminium canopy en tent_2012_07_24_0956.JPG
aluminium canopy en tent_2012_07_24_0956.JPG (50.08 KiB) Viewed 8984 times
...leave a trail for others to follow ..... if they dare !!!
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Keiler wrote::crazy: :crazy: :crazy: maar my tent opgesit net ingeval ek lus raak vir kamp , kan ek nog saterdag ook so besluit val of moet ek vooraf book :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jy kan Saterdag besluit of jy will kamp..... geen probleem nie... Ek het vorlopig vir, Stubs, Boetie en myself bespreek vir die naweek,
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Royco wrote:Thys, does the Ford have a VHF radio? Or should I call you on channel 14 (29MHz)?
OK, Jokes aside.... I assume it does have VHF, and new ORRA 7 (OLD ORRA 1) ?
I do have a VHF, but it has not yet been reprogrammed to the new channels. And since Niel had it last time to "clone" it it is not even working properly on those either. So we have to check what happens, I will tune it to ORRA1.. :twisted: :twisted:

Ek skree sommer ... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager

Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Johannes van die See »

En so sit ek nou hier voor Hoppy se shoppy met my diff ratte hier op die vloer langs my.
Sal nou maar sien wat die uitkoms met vandag se werk is en of ek julle Saterdag sien maar ek het volle vertroue in oom Allan, :thumbup:
Hou maar duim vas dat ek nie ander onbekombare parte ook loop breuk het nie en dat ons maarnet die 4.88 ratte kan in sit en klaar kry.
http://www.goblacksam.com
Image Link Broken
Langebaan Lagoon & Deep Sea Fishing Charters
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

So Thysie, now that you no longer have a canopy on your Blueboy, and you have had it modified, will we see you driving Extreme 4x4 on the trail this weekend.... Mmmmm, might have to go with the first group so I can get the action on camera...
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

GI Jane wrote:So Thysie, now that you no longer have a canopy on your Blueboy, and you have had it modified, will we see you driving Extreme 4x4 on the trail this weekend.... Mmmmm, might have to go with the first group so I can get the action on camera...
Antie Val, you know me, I dont do extreme 4x4... I just go out to enjoy myself... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

How many people will be on the 8 o'clock bus?
Johannes and I decided it is too early for us. We will still be there very early
The plan is to leave at 6, so we will probably be there just after 8. Then we will relax, make a lekka breakie and enjoy the view and wait for the second bus to leave. To get on the 8 o'clock group we have to leave at 5. Johannes can do that but for me it is a bit early.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Pieter jys reg, kom ons vat dit rustig, geen haas, soos ek hoor is daai roete baie erg gespoel en manne moes laas naweek winches gebruik om hulself uit te kry, so ons geniet eers n brekie dan gaan kyk ons waar die SFA's ons hulp nodig het, :thumbup:
Image Link Broken
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

My Saterdag ontbyt is die hoogtepunt van my week, kan dit nie mis nie en as ek dit mis is ek sommer moeilik die heel dag
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Except for the guys sleeping over and those leaving CT at 6 there wont be an 8 o clock bus.. We'll only arrive at 8:30 if we leave CT at 7:00 (conservative estimate), and then there is still the admin and drivers briefing etc to sort out. Seems like the first bus wont leave before 9... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I can imagine the trail being badly washed out. And more rain is forecast for Thursday.. :blackeye: :blackeye:
Thys de Jager

pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

OK so maybe a 9 and 10 o clock time is more realistic in which case we might be in time for the 9 o clock one.

I am glad to hear it has been washed away because the last time I did it, it was not much of a challenge except for that one big step.
Royco

Post by Royco »

Looking at some recent pics... it looks like they've built up that big step. :shock2:
So it might just be a little step! :?: :?:
Image Image Image Image
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

You know the story of the half full glass of water... or about the girl that got a gift and when she opened it, she found some hay on the top... well, she continued sifting through the hay in the box, because she knew if there was that much hay around their had to be a pony in there somewhere... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm really looking forward to Tierkloof, and believe their is a pony in there somewhere....
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

no worries Val you'll find plenty ponies... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager

pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Sorry Val, that is too high English for me, I don't catch it.
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

GI Jane wrote:You know the story of the half full glass of water... or about the girl that got a gift and when she opened it, she found some hay on the top... well, she continued sifting through the hay in the box, because she knew if there was that much hay around their had to be a pony in there somewhere... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm really looking forward to Tierkloof, and believe their is a pony in there somewhere....

Val, if you don't find em ponies, there are horses under your Hilux's bonnet... :twisted:

Oh and not to worry with the hay... they seem to prefer petrol! :mrgreen:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

The weather is looking fantastic for Saturday...

(Worcester - Brandvlei)
Rain: 0%, 0mm
Low: 6° C
High: 20° C
Wind: SE 20km/h
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Mr_B wrote:The weather is looking fantastic for Saturday...

(Worcester - Brandvlei)
Rain: 0%, 0mm
Low: 6° C
High: 20° C
Wind: SE 20km/h
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

So between the hay, ponies, petrol and horses....a good weekend ahead.... Ummm, hope there's also a lot of difflocks around, because if I have to believe some people they may be the order of the day after all the rains... time will tell...or as a wise person once told me, 'die tyd sal leer' of, is dit die 'wis en die onwis' :cool: :cool: :cool:
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Sien julle daar, diwwe moet getoets word :thumbup:
Image Link Broken
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Who is thinking of camping on the Saturday night, other than Boetie, Stubs, Keller, Allan, Johannes and myself?
Last edited by GI Jane on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Western Cape”