2 Oceans
33%
2 Oceans
33%

Total votes: 12

Dadz Toy BFI

A Winter's Trail : 2 Oceans 29th Aug -Be a Blessing Program

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

This Trail is to be held in conjunction with Kobus' (Pumba) "Be a Blessing Programme" for the young men from Kyamandi.

As per the previous outings to Takbok and Trekoskraal he is looking for Hilux Manne to join us and offer seats in their vehicles for 1, 2 or 3 young men.

Tierkloof is located just outside of Rawsonville and is a very interesting Trail offering good obstacles ( but nothing an SFA or IFS can't handle) super views from the top and a nice sand trap at the end. :mrgreen:

There will be an opportunity to braai and chin wag at the facilities. :wink:

Attached are all the details, please have a good old think and then indicate your interest in joining us on this Trail; it's a favourite with the experienced and a nice one for Newbie's to cut their teeth on; though a little technical for 1st timers. :P

Thanks Kaapies :wink:
Attachments
Tierkloof Trail Info.A.jpg
(28.45 KiB) Downloaded 958 times
Tierkloof Trail Info.B.jpg
Last edited by Dadz Toy BFI on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
wacky
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 1996 dc raider 2,4

Re: A Winter's Trail : Tierkloof - August 2009

Post by wacky »

Sorry boet ,would have love to join ,but we will be in Pinelake marina. I wanted to take two newbies to that trail :cry:
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

wacky wrote:Sorry boet ,would have love to join ,but we will be in Pinelake marina. I wanted to take two newbies to that trail :cry:
Moenie Worrie Deon, I'm sure this Trail will be re-visited later in 2009 when the Hilux4x4Club starts cooking :P :wink:

(Deon Save yourself for the Night Challenge on the 30th/31st mos) :wink:

Manne we last did this Trail (as a Forum) in January 2008, it was as "hot as Hades" but lots of fun :P

Read all about it here

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1315&start=220&hilit=tierkloof
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Please Note:

The Final Trail Date is Dependent on feedback :roll:

(any constructive feedback is good) :wink:
Last edited by Dadz Toy BFI on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

bump :wink:
BoetaSteve
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Paarl
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux

Post by BoetaSteve »

Dear All
Good day.
I'm absolutely new to 4X4. We've only recently got a 1988 Hilux. I would love to go on a trip / join a group on an outing. I'll need the assistance of fellow riders. I would like if someone from the forum could get in touch with me to discuss the equipment needed for such an outing. We stay in the Beautiful Boland Town: Paarl

Kind regards
Boeta Steve
Niel
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Steve, welcome to the forum :thumbup:
BoetaSteve
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by BoetaSteve »

Niel, Thank you so much.
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

BoetaSteve wrote:Dear All
Good day.
I'm absolutely new to 4X4. We've only recently got a 1988 Hilux. I would love to go on a trip / join a group on an outing. I'll need the assistance of fellow riders. I would like if someone from the forum could get in touch with me to discuss the equipment needed for such an outing. We stay in the Beautiful Boland Town: Paarl

Kind regards
Boeta Steve
Welcome Boeta, I've sent you a PM :thumbup:

Manne; this Trail will be commencing at:

Kayamandi on the R304 where we will rendezvous and pick up our passengers.

The Cost per vehicle is: R150, we will be passing through the Huguenot Tunnel so you will need toll fees.

Recovery equipment and 29MHz Radios would be advantageous but not essential.
Pumba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC112

Post by Pumba »

Thanks Rich for posting this so long :!:

Gents, here is the details:

The idea of what we are doing here is to give high school kids of the less fortunate communities around Stellenbosch the chance to experience what we so often do :thumbup: . The last trip was a great success and I want to invite you to join us. You can ask Dadz Toys BFi and Snipe about the previous trip or read about it in the Trip reports.

How does it work :?:
The idea is to be a blessing and this is at the core of what we do. We have set the date, so long, for 22 August and will keep it there unless the weather doesn't play along. At this stage you as the "Blessor" will carry all the costs for the day. Your R150 will pay for your entrance to Tierkloof and the remainder will go towards the braai and food. You must also provide snacks and drinks for the children in your bakkie. I'm working on 4 kids per bakkie and if possible that's how many you should take. We want to try and take as many of them as possible.

We have made arraingements for the hiering ot 29mhz radios should you need one. Please indicate next to your name and we will get you one for the day(cost: R200 per radio for the day). We're currently in the process of trying to raise sponsors to help carry the cost of the day so if possible we'll be able to pay or at least contribute to your petrol, hiering of a 29mhz radio and snacks. This is no guarantee though and you must be prepared to carry the cost yourself(Be a Blessing). We will let you know closer to the time how this is progressing. If any funds are left after the day it will be forwarded to the next trip. This is a none profit situation and we don't take any funds for our selfs, it all goes to the children.

Come on guy's be a part of this :!: :!: :!:

Who's Going :?:
1. Kobus - Pumba (radio installed)
Jesus was blunt: "No chance at all if you think you can pull it off by yourself. Every chance in the world if you let God do it." Mark 10:27(Message)

BoetaSteve
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Re: Winter's Trail : Tierkloof -Aug 2009- Charitable Drive

Post by BoetaSteve »

Kobus, good day. I would love to go along. Can we perhaps meet? I would like to discuss / clear a few issues b4 the trip. Any of the Forum Members coming in the direction of Paarl? I can even drive to the Cape Town are on a Week-end.
Regards - Stephen
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Dear All

We have decided to Offer Up Plan B if circumstances dictate a softer route;

Plan B

Move the Trail to Two Oceans Somerset West - a Softer Route which is more friendly for some of our newer Members. There are some Challenging Obstacles for the more experienced but all of which can be bypassed if Drivers don't feel confident enough to attempt this time.

So far most interest has come via PM's from Newbies and Members of that Other Forum; seems the Kaap Stalwarts are in hibernation. :?

Please remember that this Trail is a "Charity Affair" ; :eh:

that is:

it's an opportunity to not only flex your Lux for self gratification but also to share your tremendous Privilege as a Lux driver with others less fortunate youth :P :P
Pumba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Pumba »

Hi Stephen.Send me a PM then we can arrange something.

Whether at Tierkloof or Two Oceans, we are going to have a lot of fun :thumbup: but it doesn't seem that anyone elce wants to go with :wink:

Please put our names down just for me to have an idea of how many of you are interested please.

K
Jesus was blunt: "No chance at all if you think you can pull it off by yourself. Every chance in the world if you let God do it." Mark 10:27(Message)

the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: '89 Hilux SFA - SOLD; '95 Hilux - STOLEN; '67 Series 2A Land Rover; 3.5 V6 Pajero; 120 Prado VX 4.0

Post by the BuTch3R »

Kobus,

I'm also very keen to get some off-road action, but also new to 4x4 with no equipment and a bakkie with tyres that are almost due for replacement. So Tierkloof, however tempting, did not look very feasible.

Two Oceans, on the other hand, sounds like a better introduction for me. A chance to learn a few things (to make a shopping list for next time) and give something back to the community at the same time.

Would like to take my 2 laaitjies with, so will have place for another 2 or 3 more kids in the backseat.
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Come on guy's be a part of this :!: :!: :!:

2. Rich - Dadz Toy (29 Mhz)
Pumba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Pumba »

Hi Shaun,

Just so that everyone know: I have a tyre pump(90l per minute so won't handle 10 bakkies), snatch(kinetic) strap and hope to have a high lift jack as well by the time we go. I bought these things specially for thise day's and will use it to recover anyone that gets stuck. O, ja, Toyata's don't get stuck 8 )

Hope it help's.

Arno
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville CT
Vehicle: 1997 Hilux DC

Post by Arno »

what is the final date now ? 22 or 29 Aug ?
Pumba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Pumba »

22 August.

The only reason why we will move it to the 29th is if the weather is really bad on the day :thumbdown:

Arno
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville CT
Vehicle: 1997 Hilux DC

Post by Arno »

Thanks will keep an eye on this. Am out for 22 nd but may be able on 29.
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

F.Y.I. - Here's a Link to what to expect at the Helderberg Two Oceans 4x4 Trail

http://oceanit.co.za/galleries/2008_07_19_two_oceans/
Frank
Town: Perth
Vehicle: 2.2 DC SFA

Re: Winter's Trail : Tierkloof/2 Oceans 22Aug-B a Blessing

Post by Frank »

Am out of the country till 30 August - but look forward to another event in the Cape as an opportunity for our first 4x4 trail experience!

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Frank wrote:Am out of the country till 30 August - but look forward to another event in the Cape as an opportunity for our first 4x4 trail experience!
Hi Frank, Welcome to the Forum dude :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

Please take a moment and Introduce yourself (and your Lux!) in the New Members Intro Section :thumbup: :wink:

Shame you won't be here for this Trail but moenie worry there'll defo be one in September :thumbup:

Welkom again Frank - nice to have you on-board :P

R :wink:
Rooikappie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Table View - CT
Vehicle: 4x4 3.0KZ-TE 2002

Post by Rooikappie »

Waar kan ons nou meer inligting kry vir hierdie uitstappie??

Is dit nog steeds 'n Charity outing of net die een by Rawsonville??

THX
Pumba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Pumba »

More Lourens,

Dit is nogsteeds een, sal dit net dalk Two Oseans toe skuif om die kostes laag te hou.

Wat wil jy weet :?:

Kobus

Piesang
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: '99 Hilux SRX d/c 4x4

Post by Piesang »

Nou waar het ek gesit en slaap :oops: :oops: :oops:

Wat is die kans dat ons dit die 29st kan maak, na pay day :oops: .

Ek was nog nie by een van die twee roetes nie en sal graag wil gaan.

Ander punt is dat hier by ons is so baie kinders wat dit ook nodig het en ek en my vrou begin juis met uitreiking na die kinders, so dit val so reg in ons bediening. Sal dit reg wees as ek eerder kinders van hieraf bring in plaas van om kinders in Stellenbosh te kom haal :?:

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
Rooikappie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Table View - CT
Vehicle: 4x4 3.0KZ-TE 2002

Post by Rooikappie »

Kobus, ek weet nie presies hoe hierdie dinge werk nie.

Kan ons net by Tierkloof opdaag en alles word daar gereel ?
Wat moet ons saambring? Is daar stalletjies, ens.
Is dit net 'n 4x4 roete en dan verdaag almal weer of is daar ander dinge ook gereel vir die dag?
Ek het self kinders wat sal wil saamgaan, los ek hulle by die huis en neem minder4x4 kinders saam, OF kan ons ons die minder4x4 kinders later deur die roete neem?

Jammer , ek is bietjie stadig met hierdie dinge, maar hou daarvan om nie omkant gevang te word nie.Veral nie waar 4x4 & kinders betrokke is nie.

Meer inligting , nader aan die tyd sal waardeer word.
Ek moet ook bietjie relings tref om dit op 22Aug te maak .Sal 29Aug verkies, maar sal moeite doen vir 22Aug.Geen probleem....Sal lekker wees.....
Pumba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Pumba »

Yis manne.

Pieter,

Jy kan van die kinders saam bring as jy wil. in jou geval sal ek 'n uitsondering maak.

Lourens,

Dit werk so, ons laai die kinders hier in Stellenbos op en laai hulle weer hier af. Sal 'n bymekaar kom plek reel en dan ry ons van daar af. Die idee is om die kinders wat, tien teen een, nooit in hulle lewens so iets sal kan beleef nie, die geleentheid te gee. Ons verkies dat jy so veel as moontlik van hulle sal kan laai om so veel as moontlik die geleenthed te gee so ek los die besluit by jou. Laatweet my net asap hoeveel jy gaan laai asb. Soos jy kan sien is daar nie baie ouens wat sover gaan nie. My geloof is uit vir ten minste 10 bakkies wat beteken ons kan 40 kinders vat.

Ek is besig om borge te probeer reel vir kos en so aan maar het nog niks op papier nie. Tot dan is elke bakkie verantwoordelik vir kos, petrol en drink goed. Ek sal biekie kyk of ons eerder die 29ste kan gaan vir die selaris "chalenges". As ek borge kry betaal ek hopelik gedeeltelik of sommer alles. Die idee is regtig om die ouens te seen.

Daar is niks nie, so ons ry alles saam. Dit is fantasties om te sien wat dit aan die kinders doen.

Hoop dit help :?:

the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: '89 Hilux SFA - SOLD; '95 Hilux - STOLEN; '67 Series 2A Land Rover; 3.5 V6 Pajero; 120 Prado VX 4.0

Post by the BuTch3R »

Kobus. Count me in :!:
I'll be able to take 3 or 4 kids in my truck.

The 1 thing that worries me slightly is liability. Will the school/parents be signing indemnity forms or something? I hate to sound negative, but you must agree that there is a chance (however small) of injury.
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Hi Shaun,

Don't stress... an indemnity form is signed by all participants! The Trekoskraal trip I took part in was great fun!

If all goes well you can count me in!

B :D
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Update:
Pumba wrote:
2. Rich - Dadz Toy 29 Mhz
3. Shaun - Noob - needs radio????
4. Bretton - Snipes - 29 Mhz
jan30
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: brackenfell
Vehicle: HILUX 2.8 D DC

Post by jan30 »

Ek is voorlopig in moet net eers met liefde bespreek. Sy is in beheer van die sosiale kalender. Het geen radio in werkende orde nie, maar wel 'n dop van 'n vhf :silent:
IF YOU EVER FEEL TO TIRED TO CONTINUE, JUST DO IT ON YOU KNEES
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by the BuTch3R »

I don't have a radio either. Is this essential?
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Radio's add to the fun! It's a great toy to have in your toy!
Piesang

Post by Piesang »

Noob wrote:I don't have a radio either. Is this essential?
Myne vang darm alle stasie op en kan cd's ook speel......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

skies julle praat van tweerigting radios, ne ek het nie een van daai nie.

Sorry Rich I's 4got u can not reed Boeretaal, Im also in on this one. So u can add my name 2 list.

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
BoetaSteve
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by BoetaSteve »

Good day Everbody.
Like I said, I'm new to serious 4X4-ing. Only rode on farm roads etc, but never encountered real bad / technical stuff.
I'll be pleased to go along. My son and grandson will accompany me. Still got space for two passengers on back seat. Will try and get rope and pump. Got jack. I'm sure that the experienced Drivers will assist this Protegé.

Regards
Steve
Piesang

Post by Piesang »

BoetaSteve wrote:Good day Everbody.
Like I said, I'm new to serious 4X4-ing. Only rode on farm roads etc, but never encountered real bad / technical stuff.
I'll be pleased to go along. My son and grandson will accompany me. Still got space for two passengers on back seat. Will try and get rope and pump. Got jack. I'm sure that the experienced Drivers will assist this Protegé.

Regards
Steve
Thats what 4x4ing is about, to help thous that need help. I know, I'm there toooo. and these oks do help. They help't me alot on sand driving before I when to Botswana.

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Stephen it will be great to have you along, as long as the weather is ok Two Oceans is a great introduction to 4x4ing... but if it rains... well... it's a different proposition altogether!

B :thumbup:
Pumba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Pumba »

I say yes to all of the above. We can rent radios at R200 for the day and I'll see if I can arrange for discount :shh:

Gents please vote:

22 August V 29 Audust

Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Pumba wrote:I say yes to all of the above. We can rent radios at R200 for the day and I'll see if I can arrange for discount :shh:

Gents please vote:

Dadz Says: 29 August
Update:

1. Kobus - Pumba - 29 Mhz
2. Rich - Dadz Toy - 29 Mhz
3. Shaun - Noob - needs radio????
5. Pieter - Piesang - needs radio???
6. Stephan - Boeta Steve - needs radio?
Piesang

Post by Piesang »

Ons het gereeld as ons hier in die berg gaan ry het gesorg dat die voorste en laaste voertuig 'n radio het en dan wie ookal in die middel.

So is die groep dan redelik gedek.

pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

I added a poll so you guys can vote on the date
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Piesang wrote:Ons het gereeld as ons hier in die berg gaan ry het gesorg dat die voorste en laaste voertuig 'n radio het en dan wie ookal in die middel.

So is die groep dan redelik gedek.
Yep that's OK as long as there is at least one radio in the middle as both Trails have "hiding holes" and bypasses that require good communication. If we do 2 Oceans then we are going to have to think carefully about Grouping and who is and who isn't doing Boomslang. :think: :think:

Ons moet/will sommer nou maak a plan mos, ek worri nie :wink: (my best Afrikaans Boet :oops: :shifty: )

Ps... Dankie vir die Poll Groot Bos :wink:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

pietpetoors wrote:I added a poll so you guys can vote on the date
Ok now where the 'poll' dancers? :twisted:
Piesang

Post by Piesang »

snipes wrote:
Ja en dit lyk of daai kat van jou goed kan dans met daai 'poll' in sy hand :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gaan die nou amptelik 'n Toyota dag wees of kan ons ouens met minder gegoede :silent: , skies ek bedoel ander voertuie ook saam bring.

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Piesang wrote:
snipes wrote:
Ja en dit lyk of daai kat van jou goed kan dans met daai 'poll' in sy hand :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gaan die nou amptelik 'n Toyota dag wees of kan ons ouens met minder gegoede :silent: , skies ek bedoel ander voertuie ook saam bring.

I'm sure Pumba(Kobus) will welcome any 4x4, as long as the come to bless to guys from Kyamandi!

B
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by the BuTch3R »

Okes, just take it slow between the tunnel and the tollgate. The speedlimit is reduced to 60km/h now with the roadworks. My colleacue just received a R1200 fine for going 100km/h. :shock:

off course, 4y owners don't need to worry about this :wink:
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

:idea:
Last edited by Dadz Toy BFI on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Okes, just take it slow between the tunnel and the tollgate. The speedlimit is reduced to 60km/h now with the roadworks. My colleacue just received a R1200 fine for going 100km/h.
Now that is the time to tell me, I just got R400 fine. I guess the only place where there is a 60 zone on the N1 between Klipheuwel and BKB Bridge must be the road works?
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Pumba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Pumba »

Enigie iemand kan gaan. Solank ons soveel as moontlik kan saam vat. Ons het recovery gear vir die ander voertuie :shh: :wink:

Dankie vir die poll :!: :!: :!:

Nou moet die ouens net dans...

Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Nou that the date is looking pretty well decided...

Do you wanna vote on the Location :?: :?:

The cost factor of Tolls and Petrol to get to Rawsonville versus Somerset West are the most contrasting elements to consider.

Otherwise:

1.Tierkloof's braai facilities are very basic compared to the 2 Oceans Dam Forest Braai area
2.Tierkloof requires a fair degree of technical vehicle control on most of it's circuit, whereas 2 Oceans has some Technical Parts but there are safe alternate routes that can be taken.
3.Both locations reward the participants with stunning views from High Viewpoints.
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by the BuTch3R »

Two Oceans is much more appealing to me as a newbie to 4x4. Also still saving for that set of rubber, and Tierkloof sounds less forgiving.

Two Oceans also looks realy nice in your pics Rich.
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Noob wrote:Two Oceans is much more appealing to me as a newbie to 4x4. Also still saving for that set of rubber, and Tierkloof sounds less forgiving.

Two Oceans also looks realy nice in your pics Rich.

Yebo :!:

Although I've been a few times, it's about Pumba's extraordinary message for me so I'll be highly delighted to go back there again :wink:

I can guarantee that it will be a very special day indeed manne :thumbup:
Pumba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Pumba »

Awesome news!

We got a sponsor for Ten 2-way radios(not 29mhz) for the day, so communication will not be a problem anymore.

At this time I want to make a call as far as the date is concerned: I have decided to move it to the 29th seeing that this is more preferd financially for most of the guys and as far as the venue is concerned: lets move it to Two oceans(will be easier for the new guys). My only concern is the rain and if this is going to be a factor I thought to maybe change direction to Atlantis dunes for the day. The sand is more forgiving when it's wet and will be a great introduction for the newbies. If moving it to Atlantis does come into play, does anyone know where to get the permits on the day?

To Clarify:
Date: 29 August
Venue: Two Oceans
Meeting time: 07h00
Meeting place: Parking lot of the GM(Opel) motor dealers(they closed down). C/o Bird street (R403) and Adam Tas street(R44) Stellenbosch

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

I believe permits are available in Cape Town, at the Nature Conservation offices, Coenie(King Rat) knows exactly where... alternatively permits can be bought in Atlantis on the day, but I'm not sure exactly where though!

B
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Pumba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Pumba »

Dankie Thys.

I phoned them quickly: they open 08h00 and the cost is R100.00 per vehicle with 4 people. If you have a fifth person an additional amount of R9.00 is payable for that person.

If push comes to shove, this will suit us fine and we'll save R50 per bakkie on the difference of the cost of the entrance at Two Oceans.

1. Kobus - Pumba - 29 Mhz
2. Rich - Dadz Toy - 29 Mhz
3. Shaun - Noob - Radio Sponsored
5. Pieter - Piesang - Radio Sponsored
6. Stephan - Boeta Steve - Radio Sponsored

the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by the BuTch3R »

Pumba wrote:
If push comes to shove, this will suit us fine and we'll save R50 per bakkie on the difference of the cost of the entrance at Two Oceans.
Which will cover about half the additional petrol required for the round trip to Atlantis via Stellies :problem: ........but all for a great cause ! :thumbup:

Can't wait :D:
Pumba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Pumba »

Freewheel down hill, maybe that will help :wink: :wink: :wink:

Tenminste is dit nou na pay day :angel:

Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Afraid I'm only in if the venue is any place other than Atlantis (more safety reasons) :shifty:
the BuTch3R
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by the BuTch3R »

Pumba wrote:Freewheel down hill, maybe that will help :wink: :wink: :wink:

Tenminste is dit nou na pay day :angel:
So iets ja :lol:

Thanks for all the effort you've put in thus far Kobus. This is going to be a really special day :clap:

Is there anything else we could do to help?
Dadz Toy BFI wrote:Afraid I'm only in if the venue is any place other than Atlantis (more safety reasons) :shifty:
safety or security? what's the concern?

Return to “Western Cape”