Hilux Competition - Win a Hilux

quickie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Hilux 85'

Re: Hilux Competition - Win a Hilux

Post by quickie »

Nope, I run XP SP 2 with 2 gig Ram, none of it should make a difference. I have a 6 year old Sony Vaio with 2ghz mobile p4. At work I have a dual core 2.4ghz. I don't think it makes a difference. I see Sandman is only 74 points off my score. I work with a lot of people who do corporate identities, some of these guys use flash. According to those in the know, once the Flash is loaded it run's in your pc's cache memory, which is why it's used for websites. So the network connection doesn't make a difference in my opinion because it's totally disconnected while we are playing the game. The only thing that will perhaps help is a faster browser, and that is Firefox or Google Chrome, this combine with minimal processes running will allow the code to run faster and maybe allow faster response times nothing more then that... The only thing I don't on my PC's which are done because I need all the free ram as I can get is to not start services and processes I don't need.
lyndonl
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Broadacres - Fourways
Vehicle: its Korean...

Post by lyndonl »

What Sean says is pretty much spot on, access speed should not make a difference once the level or game is loaded.
There are some things that will make a difference though, like the repeat speed of keys if your system does not allow for high speed key taps usually somewhere in the control panel for you windows folks
Browsers are pretty important Firefox seems to handle flash a lot faster than IE6 or IE7 I have also noticed that a keyboard can make a difference.

Has anyone gotten better than 105 on the parking thing? im pretty sure I cant do it in less than that just want to make sure.

Now if only I can get the arm wrestling past 97 and the thieving ufo's past 289...... im only about 20 points away from being on the top 10
Tough Cookie
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford KA

Post by Tough Cookie »

:thumbup: Wat 'n great game! Baie exited om die bord te kon haal. Na Januarie gaan daar 'n paar mense met oversize regter / linker arms rondloop! :wave:
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

quickie wrote:Nope, I run XP SP 2 with 2 gig Ram, none of it should make a difference. I have a 6 year old Sony Vaio with 2ghz mobile p4. At work I have a dual core 2.4ghz. I don't think it makes a difference. I see Sandman is only 74 points off my score. I work with a lot of people who do corporate identities, some of these guys use flash. According to those in the know, once the Flash is loaded it run's in your pc's cache memory, which is why it's used for websites. So the network connection doesn't make a difference in my opinion because it's totally disconnected while we are playing the game. The only thing that will perhaps help is a faster browser, and that is Firefox or Google Chrome, this combine with minimal processes running will allow the code to run faster and maybe allow faster response times nothing more then that... The only thing I don't on my PC's which are done because I need all the free ram as I can get is to not start services and processes I don't need.
Which version of flash player are you running?
To God be the glory
quickie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by quickie »

flash player 9
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Okay okay.... now I've got it. When you said you just keep the cows in the bakkies back when they changed direction, it didn't work for me. What I realized is that as soon as a UFO starts moving towards a cow, the cow stands still. You can then shoot the UFO and keep the cow in the bakkie, then when the cow starts moving again, you get the points.

There is also a degree of luck involved but sooner or later the cows is going to all stand in one bunch and that is when you let rip :)

I also saw a little game performance improvement by doing the following: Right click anyware on the game and click settings (the flash player settings). Click on the small folder icon at the bottom of the window that opened and slide the slider to the right till it says unlimited:
countrygame.jpg
To God be the glory
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Oh.. and yes... Sorry Sean
To God be the glory
Bartho
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: Toyota

Post by Bartho »

Cassie, u are da man :wave: :wave: :wave:
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Bartho wrote:Cassie, u are da man :wave: :wave: :wave:
Laas toe ek gekyk het, het ek nog gestaan en piepie ja :twisted:
To God be the glory
quickie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by quickie »

Hi Cassie,
I'm glad that somethings I picked up are of help. I never knew about the Unlimited part, I will have a look into it the weekend. sorry, I haven't had much time off late, i started a new contract so I have less time for playing :(
cheers
quickie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by quickie »

quickie wrote:Hi Cassie,
I'm glad that somethings I picked up are of help. I never knew about the Unlimited part, I will have a look into it the weekend. sorry, I haven't had much time off late, i started a new contract so I have less time for playing :(
cheers
Hey Caskru, I tried all your changes, I'm not impressed though, it seems that something one my old PC didn't like that change. Something that those changes did crashed my browser or crashed my flash. Worst yet there's an error in my points now. I have more then 4000 points that's impossible, there is no where near enough time to get that kind of score over all. I have mailed Toyota to see if they can sort my points outs or Delete my entry so I can start again, all over again :( . This is bull because even if I get more then you my points don't get updated and I get an error on my screen, does anyone else get this error. I don't recommend that change on a old PC... See the result in the error. Then the weird thing is I go back to the game and better yet check the leader board I see in my internet explorer then have a look what I see in Firefox... Me things there something seriously wrong. Something is saying to me that change effects the cache on the browser. I'm having issues trying to upload the images. I will try tomorrow at work.

System.ArgumentException: Cannot convert &3405#vrmjb87ftkjmnb== to System.Int32.
Parameter name: type ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ScalarFormatter.FromString(String value, Type type)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ScalarFormatter.FromString(String value, Type type)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ValueCollectionParameterReader.Read(NameValueCollection collection)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.UrlParameterReader.Read(HttpRequest request)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerProtocol.ReadParameters()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.CoreProcessRequest()
Attachments
Image2.gif
Image1.gif
Image1.gif (22.87 KiB) Viewed 11496 times
Last edited by quickie on Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Eish...

That is very strange one. The only difference the change make that I did is allow the flash player to use more space on your local pc. Your errors could be due to privicy settings, fire wall, cookie settings etc. Just change yours back and see what happens

I would be very interesting to here what the guys at Toyota say.
To God be the glory
quickie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by quickie »

CasKru wrote:Eish...

That is very strange one. The only difference the change make that I did is allow the flash player to use more space on your local pc. Your errors could be due to privicy settings, fire wall, cookie settings etc. Just change yours back and see what happens

I would be very interesting to here what the guys at Toyota say.
Morning Cassie,
it seem that you start work or wake up while the rest of us sleep... I actually did little more playing last night after this happened. And with that setting set to unlimited it seems look Cache, the entire game, so much so that you can disconnect from the web all together. With the Wind last night, my connection was crap, but what I did discover by the connection being intermittent that Symantec / Nortons antivirus, was picking up what it thinks is a virus, some ads clicker or some thing. the Irony is that Nortons did an upgrade to the Virus dat file yesterday too. And perhaps that why there is a such a weird error it may have tried to intercept the message sent back to the web. Anyway, I will up date the previous post with the images, I made.

I think then with this in mind it's best to disable the anti-virus if using this setting, the bonus about the setting is that it does cache the entire game, and Does make both browsers work equally as fast. The worse case scenario now is the Screwed up entry is disqualified :( :( :( :( :( or better yet they can hopefully delete it :crazy: But you're still number one. I am glad to see that the leader has become really close, and there are many new people on the list, it's time the Hilux Forum guys started playing more... For me from tomorrow it's vacation time.
Attachments
Image3.gif
Image3.gif (11.46 KiB) Viewed 11497 times
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

I hate Symantec / Norton. I only install AVAST and nothing else. (except maybe addblocker, spyhunter and spybot)

I think you got it right... must've been you antivirus interrupting. Hope you get your score back soon
To God be the glory
Force
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Mazda Etude

Post by Force »

eish... ive been playing the whole day and i can't find 5 bands on challenge number 5... i need 1,3,7,11,20... im willing to trade anything for those :)

Enjoy the competition, :)
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Sent you a PM... oh yeah.. and welcome to the forum
To God be the glory
Chillwabbitt
Town: JHB
Vehicle: Ford

Post by Chillwabbitt »

Hey Guys, just satarted playing today anyone got some tips for me?
jontheron
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: jhb
Vehicle: 95 hilux

Post by jontheron »

play hard :D ps cassie you need to up your game your not on top anyore :thumbdown:
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Just received an email from HiluxCountry and it said inter alia
In the race to uncover Hilux Country’s Toughest competitor things have taken an exhilarating turn. It’s in times like this, that the truly tough reveal themselves and top challengers, CasKru and Chamber, have remained neck and neck on the leader board with an astounding score of 1213!

WELL DONE Cassie, Keep it up
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
2.8 d/cab SFA
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

:clap: well done keep it up
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Shot, Cassie!

Holding thumbs for you!!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Thanks guys. I just know I'm going to "gooi" that last week of that competition :)
To God be the glory
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Ons wil daai foto op die site sit, jy moet hom roer!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Ek hoop daai bakkie is myne want ek gaan moet keyboards aanry teen die tempo wat ek die goed abuse :roll:
To God be the glory
Tienie
Town: Middelburg
Vehicle: Audi / Hilux

Post by Tienie »

Hi. Kan iemand my asb help met Challenge 5? Ek kort 1 en 9. Dit pla my verskriklik. Ek worry nie eers meer oor die res van die kompetisie nie, ek wil net graag weet watter bands is 1 en 9.
Cheers
Tienie de Klerk
A Positive Mind Conquers All!!
Barboa
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Sedona

Post by Barboa »

Hierdie kompetisie is besig om my spasties te maak ,
My arms pyn my vingers het geen gevoel nie en ek's overall verby geirriteerd.

Hoeveel Toughbook Friends is daar ?
En hoe kry julle dit reg om so baie punte te kry met die armdruk ?
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Family_Dog wrote:Shot, Cassie!

Holding thumbs for you!!

-F_D
Just don't hold Cassie's thumbs, else he cant punch the spacebar quick enough. I beleive he finishes a keyboard off in 1 day. After a day of playing there is a hole where the space bar was
Chilion
Town: Randburg
Vehicle: Corsa

Post by Chilion »

Awsome posts - thanks for all the tips and tricks!

Can anyone let me know what I need to do in order to get the "Legendary Friends" points?
I have accepted all the requests that pop up on each level.

Is it because I am still trying to find the last (#11) band name?

Thanks!
Steven
(Chilion)
Chilion

Post by Chilion »

I'm Sorted - Thanks CasKru

For those that don't know - when you get the last stamp - you get access to another section - where you have to answer questions about people to become their friends and get the "Legendary Friends" points.
(Answers are all on the blog - click the "Help" icon)

I'd still love to know how the top to got to 1213

Thanks all!
Steven
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Chilion wrote:I'm Sorted - Thanks CasKru

For those that don't know - when you get the last stamp - you get access to another section - where you have to answer questions about people to become their friends and get the "Legendary Friends" points.
(Answers are all on the blog - click the "Help" icon)

I'd still love to know how the top to got to 1213

Thanks all!
Steven
Lot's of Deep Heat and a few keyboards. :twisted:
To God be the glory
Chilion

Post by Chilion »

More deep heat obviously!
Congrats on taking the lead again!

S
Senyetse
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Krugersdorp
Vehicle: 2000 2.7 Hilux Raider DC 4x4, OME, dual battery, Front Runner RR

Post by Senyetse »

Can someone please give me a clue for band number 14? It's driving me crazy!!!
Are we there yet?
Chilion

Post by Chilion »

See PM
Senyetse
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Senyetse »

Thanks man! :thumbup:
Are we there yet?
Barboa
Vehicle: Sedona

Post by Barboa »

Does any one know what Xaviers favourite colour is ?
I've tried all the shades of blue but I can't get to unlock him as a friend
Chilion

Post by Chilion »

Xavier? where do you see him as a friend?
Please let me know! I'm battling to get the required points!

Thanks
Steven
Chilion

Post by Chilion »

Hi All

Can anyone help me get in contact with "Chamber" (#2 on the leadership board)
I really appreciate it!

Thanks
Steven
hiluxfan100
Town: Marble Hall
Vehicle: Ford Laser

Post by hiluxfan100 »

Hi almal,kan iemand my asb help met leidrade vir die musiek stage? Ek kort 1,2,5,7,8,9,10,11,12,14,15,17,20. Weet dis baie. Nie baie goed met die band ding nie. Het al op die net gesoek. Nuut op die forum. Sukkel ook met die arm druk
Willem van Schalkwyk
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by Willem van Schalkwyk »

Hi guys,

Can someone please help me with 14 and 8. I just can't think of it.

Thanks,
Willem
Willem van Schalkwyk
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by Willem van Schalkwyk »

Thanks guys :thumbup:
hiluxfan100
Town: Marble Hall
Vehicle: Ford Laser

Post by hiluxfan100 »

Dankie!! Daai armdruk en UFO`s is nog `n kopkrapper
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Cassie wanneer wen jy nou?

Ek sukkel om my day to day take uit te voer sonder my duime, so jy moet nou se wanneer kan ek ophou om hulle vas te hou :thumbup: :thumbup:
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

BenHur wrote:Cassie wanneer wen jy nou?

Ek sukkel om my day to day take uit te voer sonder my duime, so jy moet nou se wanneer kan ek ophou om hulle vas te hou :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ek sien Chamber is nou bo en ek sukkel my :silent: af om my scoore te verbeter.... So as ek dalk stil is die week weet julle ek is besig om daai spacebar van my opdraande te gee! :)
To God be the glory
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Lyk my ek sal ook maar weer die ding moet aanvat, voor iemand my uithaal. :D:
ImageImage
Evert Deyzel
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: 94 Hilux DC 2.2

Post by Evert Deyzel »

Cassie

Wat is jou score met die ufo ding nou as ek mag vra?
92 Hilux dc 2.2
MikeM suspension with 50mm lift

ImageImageImage
Chilion

Post by Chilion »

Congrats CasKru! I checked last night & you were still the top of the log.

I see they have officially closed the competition.
Well done!

S
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Lekkerrrrrrrrrr Cassie,
ons wil 'n foto sien as jy hom kry
en onthou om 'n woordjie van die forum te spreek in die perskonferensie.
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Thanks Pieter & Steve. Ek het gisteraand 23:55 hier sit en bewe van die adrenalien soos dit nader aan die tyd geraak het :shifty:

Het gister aand van 20:00 tot 00:00 gespeel want ek moes bo eindig :) Sal maar sien of ek die outjie gaan kry. My vermoede is nog steeds dat ons name in 'n trekking in gaan en die ou wen wie se naam getrek word. Maar julle kan verseker wees... as my naam getrek word... sal hilux4x4 definitief lekker publisiteit kry. :)

Ek moet nou by sê... ek is bly die kompetisie is oor want ek is nou al so effens moeg UFO's geskiet :twisted: :twisted: en my keyboard het 'n breuk nodig.
To God be the glory
Senyetse
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Senyetse »

From the terms and conditions it looks to me like it is a draw, you just have to have entered your details.
Are we there yet?
quickie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by quickie »

Hi Guys,
I know I haven't posted a message for a while on this thread. It's a long depressing story for me and for another Day...

Congratulations Cassie, After having had many conversions with Toyota and the Guys that are actually running the Competition it seems that the Winner is the Guy on top or so Majority said. I also read the terms and conditions and when the Paw-paw hit the fan with my error and entries, I said it's only for a entry into the draw well, one said yes the others said no.

Cassie, I really hope for your sake, it's the Latter, and i glad to see that, you proved my Theory that you could get close to 475, in points on the UFO Game.

WELL DONE ON GETTING THE TOP SPOT
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Thanks Sean. I also hope it is the latter but my gut tells me it will be a draw. So I'll expect it when I see it :)
To God be the glory
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

YEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just got the call from Toyota SA and according to James, the Hilux is mine!! :D: :D: :D: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Should take receipt of it with in the next week to week and a half.

If there is any spelling mistakes, sorry, I can't stop shivering!
To God be the glory
Niel
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Well done Cas :thumbup:
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Wonderful Cas, We are all happy for you.
Brilliant
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Baie geluk Cassie!!! Nou kan jy kom kuier in die Kaap met daai blink ryding :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

This is me at the moment:

To God be the glory
Alibaba
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: 1992 2.2 petrol Hilux DC. Stock-standard bakkie, hanggat, OME leaf springs, Gabriel Safari shocks, BF Goodrich KM2.

Post by Alibaba »

Liewe hel! Baie geluk Cassie!
Alibaba

"In a city you don't live. You just show off." Herman Charles Bosman

ImageImageImageImage
kukuza
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: kzte 4x4

Post by kukuza »

AAHHH well done mate!! I tried a few times but just have not had the time, or you would have had some major competition on your hands.......Well done Cassie!! :mrgreen:
Jacques KZ
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: '12 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 Unlimited

Post by Jacques KZ »

Genade - baie geluk Cassie!! :clap:

Gaaf om die nuwe Hilux te bring na onse woonbuurt en forum!! :thumbup:

Groete,
Jacques
2012 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 Unlimited (Rooies)
2011 Kia Sportage 2.0 (die platkar)
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Thanks guys. Can't begin to describe the feeling :)
To God be the glory

Return to “Competitions”