Nature pics

Tell us about your interesting nature stories, animal sightings, questions and pictures on nature and your experiences.
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Nature pics

Post by Niel »

Andy just for you :thumbup:

Feel free to add if you want :thumbup:
Attachments
Gen_07022010 027 (Large).jpg
Gen_07022010 025 (Large).jpg
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Nature pics

Post by Mud Dog »

8 ) :thumbup: Those clouds look like big sand dunes in the distance! .... I often try to imagine distant clouds to be mountains ... sometimes the illusions are quite real! :wink:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

interesting thread!!!

seeing that am awake, might as well add some color here as well!!

if any one is interested, do have the original file, hope unmodified by some hidden software, if any one would like the full pic!!

most my pics are taken with Canon G7!!

more to follow!! :twisted:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

A colourful little bugger, isn't he. Don't know what it's called, but you can call it what you like .... it still won't come! :D: .... locust family, I believe. Not often seen here in E.L. but quite common up in the Hogsback / Cathcart area. Nice clear pics! :wink:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Stole this image from Uncle Mac's (Kagiso) facebook pages.... :twisted: :twisted: (Sorry Uncle maar dit is net vir my so vrek mooi)
To God be the glory
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Beautiful, Cassie / Uncle Mac ! :thumbup:

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Niel wrote:Andy just for you :thumbup:

Feel free to add if you want :thumbup:
What I call shadow rays can be quite impressive .... these may not be, but they are probably the most bold I've seen, particularly in a fairly light sky.
IM003878.JPG
IM003880.JPG
IM003887.JPG
IM003891.JPG

Ou Legend
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Kuruman
Vehicle: 1987 Hilux SFA 4x4

Post by Ou Legend »

Mooi Kalahari sonsondergang,maar die hilux maak dit nog mooier!!
Attachments
SANY0454 small.jpg
The true measure of a man is not how he behaves in moments of comfort and convenience but how he stands at times of controversy and challenges
GrysMol
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Morgenster Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2.5 D4D D/Cab 4X4 SRX 2012

Post by GrysMol »

Niel,

Here is some pics taken in West Coast National park!!

We caught these two crossing the road near Langebaan gate!
Attachments
20100523 - WestCoast National Park 094.jpg
20100523 - WestCoast National Park 155.jpg
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

kfxnando wrote:interesting thread!!!

seeing that am awake, might as well add some color here as well!!

if any one is interested, do have the original file, hope unmodified by some hidden software, if any one would like the full pic!!

most my pics are taken with Canon G7!!

more to follow!! :twisted:
Weet jy wat word die sprinkaan genoem
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
0000DS
Town: Roodekrans
Vehicle: Tuna, 4X4, Longrange Fuel tank, BF's AT, Intergrated bumber, Roofrack, Awning, Air suspension,winch

Post by 0000DS »

Spartan wrote:[weet jy wat word die sprinkaan genoem
Lyk nogal baie naby jou eeeee avatarpicture :mrgreen:
Gogga maak vir baba bang :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

0000DS wrote:
Spartan wrote:[weet jy wat word die sprinkaan genoem
Lyk nogal baie naby jou eeeee avatarpicture :mrgreen:
Gogga maak vir baba bang :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey watchit jy :lol:
Hy word ook die duiwel se ryperd genoem
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

sprinkaanisspartanikusavatarus
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

Mr_B wrote:sprinkaanisspartanikusavatarus
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Niel
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Nice Kobus sal die hek n skip gee vir n tydjie
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

Die slang is op Medupi kargstasie gevang so dag of wat gelede.
Attachments
045.jpg
045.jpg (28.25 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
044.jpg
044.jpg (29.01 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

I cannot see the head shape so nicely by the angle of the pics, but the colour inside the mouth looks a lot like the black mamba. The rest of the snake looks like it could belong to the cobra family. Either way it's still a nice looking snake (from a distance :D: ).

CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Mud Dog wrote:I cannot see the head shape so nicely by the angle of the pics, but the colour inside the mouth looks a lot like the black mamba. The rest of the snake looks like it could belong to the cobra family. Either way it's still a nice looking snake (from a distance :D: ).
I also believe it to be a black mamba AKA SA's most dangerous snake. :shock: :shock:

Here are the real facts behind the black mamba:

* The black mamba is actually grey, but gets its name for the blackish-bluish color inside of its mouth that is displayed during aggression.
* Reaching up to 14 ft. (4.3 m) in length, the black mamba is Africa’s longest venomous snake.
* Black mambas are difficult to out-run as they’re one of the fastest snakes in the world—they can reach speeds up to 12 mph to be exact. And surprisingly, they do not use this incredible gift for speed to attack their prey. Instead, they use it to escape threats.
* Left untreated, the black mamba’s venom has a fatality rate of 100%.
* The black mamba is so strong that it can raise its 1/3 of its body off of the ground.
* A black mamba will spend hours on a branch waiting for its prey, which are usually reptiles, amphibians, and rodents.
* Using its long black tongue to smell, the black mamba will frequently display its tongue when it senses something approaching.
* Females can lay up to 17 eggs in a nest beneath the ground or in a hollowed tree hole and they will hatch in approximately three months.
To God be the glory
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

More on the black mamba ...

The black mamba's back skin color is olive, brownish, gray, or sometimes khaki in color. The adult black mamba's length is on average 2.5 meters (8.2 ft), but some specimens have reached lengths of 4.3 to 4.5 meters (14 to 15 ft). Black mambas weigh on average about 1.6 kilograms (3.5 lb). The black mamba is the second longest venomous snake in the world, which is only exceeded in length by the King Cobra. The snake also has an average life span of 11 years in the wild.

Over long distances the black mamba travels 11 to 19 kilometres per hour (6.8 to 12 mph), but in short bursts the it can reach a speed of 23 kilometres per hour (14 mph), making it the fastest land snake.

The venom of the black mamba consists mainly of neurotoxins. Black mamba bites can potentially kill a human within 20 minutes, but death usually occurs after 30–60 minutes, sometimes taking up to three hours (depending on the health, size, age, psychological state of the human, the penetration of one or both fangs from the snake, amount of venom injected, location of the bite, and proximity to major blood vessels.

Nearly 20,000 people die of snake bites each year, and the residents of Swaziland and southern Africa have suffered for generations.

Return to “Out in Nature”