Soort soek soort...Of nie...???

Tell us about your interesting nature stories, animal sightings, questions and pictures on nature and your experiences.
Blackadder
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D, Ironman Bumper, OME, Dual Battery, BFG'S, TJM Snorkel, Navstar 220 29mhz radio, LAS Pro Rear Bumper, Frontrunner Roofrack
Club VHF Licence: X82

Soort soek soort...Of nie...???

Post by Blackadder »

Ek sien (hoor) die voel nou al vir weke in die tuin en is toe nogal geintereseerd om te weet watse voel dit is, maar net die ander dag toe sien ek dat wie ookal besluit het om die outjie groot te maak is beslis nie sy ma nie. Kyk bietjie hier...(foto kwaliteit is nie van die beste nie ek moes capture van my video kamera af)
Voel 1.jpg
Voel 2.jpg
Voel 3.jpg
Voel 4.jpg
Jaco Versfeld
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Western Cape
Vehicle: Moms Taxi, 2001 Prado (The Barbie Cruiser)) Sold - Mufasa: '86 Hilux DC 4Y EFI
Club VHF Licence: X69

Re: Soort soek soort...Of nie...???

Post by Jaco Versfeld »

Die kleintjie lyk na 'n tipe koekoek - strepe op die bors, maar die voelkenners sal moet bevestig.
yotaman
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Hartenbos Western Cape
Vehicle: '99 2.7i Hilux 4x4 S/C

Post by yotaman »

Common Cuckoo being fed by a Wagtail. Cuckoos are clever birds. The Female lays her single egg in another birds nest. The other bird then hatches the egg and raises the chic. Sometimes the Cuckoo would push out the other birds eggs before she lays her egg.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
Dingo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 95 4x4 DC Hilux, 7MG engine, EFS suspension, Home made custom off-road canopy.

Post by Dingo »

Had a look in my "Sasol Birds of Southern Africa" book and it looks like the bigger bird is a juvenile Red Chest Cuckoo - commonly known as the Piet-my-vrou. The smaller bird looks like the common Cape Wagtail.

What's interesting is that the Wagtail is feeding the Cuckoo and that would be an interesting answer from someone more afaye with birds.

Maybe post the pics on the SANSPARK website and see what the professional birders say.
Dingo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 95 4x4 DC Hilux, 7MG engine, EFS suspension, Home made custom off-road canopy.

Post by Dingo »

Thx Shane, heard that before about the cuckoos.

Return to “Out in Nature”