duppa
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: '96 hilux dbl cab

please help with som info on reservations

Post by duppa »

Halllooo almal
Ek was hilux loos maar het uiteindelik weer ietsie gekoop, maar moet my nou nie afslag nie, dis nie 'n hilux nie....(colt v6) en ek gaan nog my toy v6 koop .... eendag as die geldie kom.... maar ek weet julle ouens op die hilux forum is seker die mees hulpvaardigste en vriendelikstre ouens, so ek nader julle vir biekie hulp as een van julle dalk weet: my neef het hierdie ook op die 4x4 com forum geplaas:

So I just got the 4x4 and want to do the Botswana thing - only one problem - 3rd bridge is full.

We are planning to go to Nxaipans (there is space available) and then on to Moremi, Savuti and on to Kasane.

Now apparently Moremi is fully booked. What alternatives is there with contact details? (Maybe something just outside the park that we can still enter as dayvisitors)

Any contact details for Savuti to do reservations? And if full any alternatives please!
ImageImageImageImage
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: please help with som info on reservations

Post by OOOOMS »

Andre, why not stay over in Maun? Only an hour's drive (80km) to NGate.

The camping fee's are heavy in Maun :thumbdown: For 2 adults and one kid entrance and camping one night was R980.00...................................not worth it! In fact we saw much more outside than inside :thumbup:

Try Camp Audi in Maun, not to bad or there are a few others around Maun! Lot's of small bird sanctuaries along the river

Will see if I still have some details if you want?
duppa
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: '96 hilux dbl cab

Post by duppa »

yes Mark please it will help.... We are planning to travel from MAUN to South gate, then to Kwai river community camp from there we cannot find a place available untill Kasane,(where we can get place) and that is apparently a stiff drive from kwai bridgde to kasane. I was looking to overnight halway from kwai bridge (or north gate) to Kasane, say somewhere in the Savuti or Chobe, but being easter the campsites are all fully booked.... do you think we will be able to drive from kwai community camp to Kasane through the Savuti in one day?
ImageImageImageImage
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Camp Audi details: http://www.botswana-direct.com/okavango ... mp#pricing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or http://www.botswana-travel-guide.com/br ... ?bradt=919" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; also see on the left of the page link there are alternatives.

It's only 282km from Kwai to Kasane..... :lol:

Will be a tuff 12 hour trip if not more. Depending on the road conditions......and provided you do not get stuck...can you bush camp should the need arise (one night)?

Return to “Botswana”