Optimus Prime
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Krp
Vehicle: Fortuner 4.0 v6

Info Moz from PUT FOOT

Post by Optimus Prime »

Not able to view this email? View it in your browser
You are receiving this email because you signed up for the email newsletter on putfootrally.com - If you have received this in error, or no longer wish to receive any emails, click here to unsubscribe immediately

Dear Put Footers,
As briefed by the Rally Chief, Daryn Hillhouse, at 0900hrs on 25 June 2013 in Livingstone Zambia.

We at Mountainshak Adventures consider the safety of our participants our greatest priority.
Due to attacks last Friday on civilian vehicles in northern Mozambique and the continuing escalation of political unrest in Mozambique, the security risk has increased substantially and is now a real threat to the lives of our participants (Crews).
The risk level in Mozambique is assessed to be Medium-High. The greatest risk at present is the insurgent's activities that are focused on gaining maximum attention to their cause. The Put Foot Rally's intended route, the EN1 from Tete to Inhambane, where previous attacks have been reported, would make Crews a high profile target and an incident involving one of our participants would make international headlines.

The Put Foot Rally will continue as planned with dates remaining unchanged, but with a new route. After Checkpoint Malawi, the rally will travel back via Zambia and make its way to the finish line in South-East Botswana.
The finish line location will be confirmed at Checkpoint Malawi.

Thank you to all our Crews for understanding the situation, for your support and for remaining flexible! This is Africa (TIA) and this is an adventure! This rally is not even half-way, and there is still plenty to do, plenty to experience and plenty opportunity to party!
If any Crew has any questions or would like any assistance, please approach our staff. We will do our best to assist you with any planning that may be required as a result of the change in route.

Yours in Adventure,

Daryn H Rally Chief - @daryn_h
Put Foot Rally - @putfootrally

"As long as power flows through any of my circuits ill 4x4."
Coister
Town: Greytown
Vehicle: 4.0 4x4 DC

Re: Info Moz from PUT FOOT

Post by Coister »

Hi Guys

i know this is off topic but i would like to know if anybody has better info on the situation in MOZ re. Frelimo. I am planning a trip to Barra early December and would appreciate informed opinions.

Regards

Francois
WayneSchalk
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Krugersdorp
Vehicle: 2019 Toyota Hilux 2.8 GD-6 4X4 DC Auto
Club VHF Licence: X117

Post by WayneSchalk »

Coister wrote:Hi Guys

i know this is off topic but i would like to know if anybody has better info on the situation in MOZ re. Frelimo. I am planning a trip to Barra early December and would appreciate informed opinions.

Regards

Francois
I am also monitoring the situation, my toppi is going to Inhambane December
Coister
Town: Greytown
Vehicle: 4.0 4x4 DC

Post by Coister »

The lodge we are going to seems to think there are no issues. i am very game to go,but would n't want to put the missus and kids at risk. Any advice or inside info welcome.
WayneSchalk
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Krugersdorp
Vehicle: 2019 Toyota Hilux 2.8 GD-6 4X4 DC Auto
Club VHF Licence: X117

Post by WayneSchalk »

My toppie and the group who would of joined him decided to cancel his trip Inhambane due to the security concerns. Unfortunately they are losing deposits but it is worth not putting yourself and family in unnecessary danger :thumbdown:
pietdevs
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Mosselbay
Vehicle: Toyota Land Cruiser Troopy

Post by pietdevs »

I run a business in Moz from SA and get daily updates from there. "Die Burger" had an article on Friday about the kidnappings that escalated all over and that one family was evacuated just in time before being held for ransom. The kidnappers do this to obtain funds for their cause like the Somalia pirates. Sadly the situation currently is out of control because law and order does not really exist. As in the rest of Africa the law is maintained by bribery and corruption and the sad thing is that us South Africans developed the bribery to the cops and maintain it - it is the easy way out - and now it is biting us in the bum. It is currently dangerous to travel north of Inhambane and you do so at your own risk ie, no gov support if something happens. There are (and were) several incidents regarding armed robberies and kidnappings and we were informed that they are waiting for the holidays to prove their point. The latest incidents occur in and around Maputo - as was mentioned in "Die Burger".
pietdevs
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by pietdevs »

The saga continues in Moz. The companies up North were informed by the gov this week that they have 3 months to evacuate. They are currently negotiating with the gov to clarify this statement because the Moz gov said they will take no responsibility if something happens to anybody. The Moz gov have lost control in the North due to lack of resources ie cops and army to patrol and keep the population safe and this week had numerous unreported incidents. What I mean is that the incidents are not reported in SA. Good luck to all the holiday visitors - keep some ransom money back home.....
Hangover
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Deneysville
Vehicle: '76 FJ45 , '13 3.0 D4D Hilux

Post by Hangover »

ONs het ook maar besluit om die Vilanculos trippie te cancel... Dink nie die stront is mens se lewe werd nie...
Hangover(A.K.A die speelding)
1976 FJ45 4x4
1UZ-FE 4.0vvti
2" OME Suspension lift
1.5" Shackle lift
35" Geo MT's
Custom Bullbar
Lockright Locked rear
York OBA
20" LED bar
Nighthawk 100W spots

Dakar
2013 3.0D-4D 4x4 Hilux Dakar
roeland.vlok
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 97 SFA Hilux

Post by roeland.vlok »

Pieter,

Hoe lyk die situasie rondom Maputo?
Moet moontlik volgende week vir werk daarheen gaan...
:wth:
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

We cancelled our trip to Moz in May/June & did Kruger, Swaziland & Natal coast & game reserves instead. Moz will lose in tourism if they do not put their act together.
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
Genissie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Hartenbos
Vehicle: LC 80, 4500
Club VHF Licence: X254

Post by Genissie »

on the end of the day it's everyone's personal decision, yes you planned your holiday, probably paid deposits etc.
if the danger is there and you know about the possibility that it can go either way, move inland etc, why would you want to go and risk it, especially with your family, you want to go and relax, not worrying. Sure we live in fear in SA as well, but it's controlled to a very limited extend, or we are just used to it, not rally sure how to spell it out.
There are other beautiful places as well, if all calms down, Moz can happen a next time.
just m2c
pietdevs
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by pietdevs »

Roeland, blykbaar heelwat insidente in en om Maputo maar weens die swak pers dekking asook die regering wat dit probeer stil hou is dit moeilik om werklik die waarheid te hoor asook die besonderhede van die insidente. Daar is blykbaar verlede week 2 persone geskiet buite Maputo en 3 ontvoerings is bevestig. Ek kon nie bevestiging kry of dit toeriste/besoekers is nie.... Maak maar soos ek maak, vlieg in -doen jou besigheid in die dag in veilige plekke en vlieg uit.....
roeland.vlok
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 97 SFA Hilux

Post by roeland.vlok »

Dankie Piet, sal so maak. :thumbup:
claude munnik
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: cape town
Vehicle: Hilux 2008 3.0 D4D 4X4

Post by claude munnik »

Damn nou worry ek. Kry nou eers kans om te reply. volgens berigte is dit net noord maar soos julle se dit kom af tot by maputo en ons moet daar verby:-:::(((
Ja mens se lewe is meer werd as geld but dus nou 'n storie, nie lekker om jou hard gewerkte geld te verloor wens onrus nie. Sad is dat die resorts mens dit nie vertel met bespreking nie.

Wot to do now???
andy capp
Town: fourways
Vehicle: toyota 2.5 d4d 4x4

Post by andy capp »

Die geweld is tans redelik beperk tot Sofala en verder noord, Maputo lei onder misdaad maar niks erger as daaglikse gebeure in JHB. Die ontvoerings tot hede is gemik op locals en nie sosenseer reisende besigheids personeel. Soos met enige reis verg dit bietjie beplanning oor areas om te voorkom en n goeie doses 'common sense'. Ek sou nie my vakansie planne kanseleer tensy dit gepaard gaan met reis deur Sofala provinsie, vir strande verder suid is dit `business as usual`.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Return to “Mozambique”