Shamrock
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Rustenburg
Vehicle: 1998 Hilux 2.4 4x4

Destinations

Post by Shamrock »

Hi guys,

In your opinion, what is the quietest destinationin Moz?
Going next year for about ten days, but i'm looking for a place where I can basically be alone on the beach. I dont really care about facilities and luxuries.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: Destinations

Post by OOOOMS »

Hi Pieter, are you going in or out of season next year? How far North do you plan to travel? Camping or Lodging?
Shamrock
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Rustenburg
Vehicle: 1998 Hilux 2.4 4x4

Post by Shamrock »

Hi Mark, I dont really want to travel too far north, as it is suppose to be a short holiday. We are going in May and will be camping.
I read on the other thread about camping in the Maputu Elephant Reserve which sounds secluded and very scenic, but I dont know how safe it will be (have never been to Moz) and we will be camping alone (me and the wife).
Any help will be appreciated.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Pieter, travelling alone in Moz is and can be risky. After going there for 10 years now, we do not travel alone. You also do not travel at night.

The risk is too high my friend! If you have a breakdown you have a problem.(do you leave your wife at the vehicle? or do you both go by foot or catch a lift and risk the vehicle being broken into?) Usually a big problem.
Especially South. The locals have become quite streetwise.
I have never seen a tow-truck in Moz. and vehicle spares are a problem, not like here is SA.

I would recommend, travel in a group especially if it is the first time.

Return to “Mozambique”