Camping close to Noordoewer

pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Camping close to Noordoewer

Post by pietpetoors »

On our last trip we visited some of the camping sites on the Noordoewer/Rosh Pinah road.

There are two very nice camping sites about 12km from Noordoewer. It is tar road so 12km will take you 6 minutes to drive and is worth it.
Felix Unite and Amanzi River Resort. Although Amanzi is the less fancy one we liked it more because it has more atmosphere and the camping sites are closer to the water.

The first one is Felix Unite.
They have a very neat camping site with modern ablution facilities. You can see they cater for large groups as well.
Camping is about R100 per person and they do have some chalets as well.
http://www.felixunite.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , they have a Cape Town number - +27 21 702 9400
Felix Unite
Felix Unite
Camping site
Camping site
Camping
Camping
Ablution
Ablution
Bar and Pool area
Bar and Pool area
Chalets
Chalets
Office
Office
About 1km from Felix Unite you will get the Amanzi sign.
We camped at Amanzi the last day of our trip. It is quiet and the views are spectacular. You even have the honor to hear the fish eagles right above your head.
They charge (in 2012) R100.00 per person for the first person and R70.00 pp for additional persons. R30 per vehicle.
Contact number 021-559-1573 or in NAM 063-297-255 , see http://www.amanzitrails.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Although it is not as fancy as Felix it is still very clean and well maintained. There is a shop for the basic needs which even sells meat and wors and there is a bar which offers lunch from time to time.
The camping sites are separated from each other to give you more privacy. Some camping sites have their own lapa and braai.

The lady said they normally have space since there are many camping sites and if you are late you can just go in, pitch your tent and pay the next day. One bright Landy owner from Cape Town did just that, he arrived at 04h30 South African time, parked his diesel Landy right next to our camp and started to pitch his roof top tent.
Amanzi
Amanzi
Camping sites
Camping sites
View at Amanzi
View at Amanzi
Having a beer at Amanzi
Having a beer at Amanzi
Ablutions
Ablutions
Office, bar and shop
Office, bar and shop
Camping site with lapa and braai
Camping site with lapa and braai
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

Re: Camping close to Noordoewer

Post by jacques kotze »

Both of them looks nice :thumbup:
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

There are so many beautiful places to see in our own Southern Africa that I doubt I would ever want to go overseas to a crowded destination for a holiday!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Eric I tend to agree with you. Overseas is different and interesting scenery and cultures, but there is nothing like home.
There is so much to explore in SA
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

Post by jacques kotze »

pietpetoors wrote:Eric I tend to agree with you. Overseas is different and interesting scenery and cultures, but there is nothing like home.
I cannot agree with you and FD more. I think if you spend every holiday possible for 15 years you will still not even be half way done seeing all the interesting places on this beautiful continent called Africa.
I have no desire to see any place other than what is to be seen in Africa. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

Post by Hilux 1 »

jacques kotze wrote:
pietpetoors wrote:Eric I tend to agree with you. Overseas is different and interesting scenery and cultures, but there is nothing like home.
I cannot agree with you and FD more. I think if you spend every holiday possible for 15 years you will still not even be half way done seeing all the interesting places on this beautiful continent called Africa.
I have no desire to see any place other than what is to be seen in Africa. :thumbup: :thumbup:
100%, i just wish it was not that expensive to go over the waters to go and visit my boets :( :( :thumbdown:
Aquanaut
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Durban
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0D4D

Post by Aquanaut »

Here is a camp site on the SA side looking directly at the one you stayed at.
Attachments
Namibia Trip 048 2.jpg
Namibia Trip 048 2.jpg (29.02 KiB) Viewed 6869 times
P1060979 2.jpg
P1060979 2.jpg (31.49 KiB) Viewed 6869 times
P1060976 2.jpg
P1060976 2.jpg (30.72 KiB) Viewed 6869 times
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Basil that picture of the door is a bit small, can you please share their contact details with us?
Kykdaar
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux V6

Post by Kykdaar »

I have stayed at Amanzi a few times now and i really enjoy it there. The owners are very nice people and the fact that the sites are spacious and seperated with reed fences gives some privacy.
Aquanaut
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Durban
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0D4D

Post by Aquanaut »

Namibia Trip 049 2.jpg
Namibia Trip 049 2.jpg (136.75 KiB) Viewed 6816 times
Attachments
Namibia Trip 041.jpg
Namibia Trip 041.jpg (123.22 KiB) Viewed 6816 times