Post a photo of your Hilux here Landcruisers also welcome

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.

What percentage do you rate the reliability of Hilux

40%
No votes
50%
No votes
70%
7%
80%
7%
90%
86%
Drive another type of 4x4
No votes

Total votes: 14

SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Post a photo of your Hilux here Landcruisers also welcome

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

8) Yes we drive Hilux's because they work for us, they are comfortable vehicles to drive, some people say that due to the solid front axle they are uncomfortable, however I find my Hilux very suitable for my requirements and the newer post 1998 model with the independent front suspension are also very capable vehicles.

1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Whitters
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Whitters »

why no option for 100%??? :D
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, toally worn out, screaming shit what a ride!

1998 Hilux SFA, 2.8d(t) D/C
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Hilux reliability

Post by pietpetoors »

I think it is because Hilux Owners are so realistic. We all know that any vehicle might break down some time or other. No vehicle can be 100% reliable.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Knersus
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Kathu
Vehicle: 2.4 Hi Lux 4x4 DC 95'
Club VHF Licence: ZS3EP

Post by Knersus »

I like your bakkie Syron What radio's do you have installed in it
Eben Pienaar
2.4 Hi Lux 22R 95'
Codan HF radio; Kenwood VHF Hi band; Tait VHF midband; Snorkel; OME suspension; Diff lock on next shortlist. Dis lekker om 'n mens te wees....Jy moet net 'n lekker mens wees
SYRON CONVERSIONS
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Radio's in my Hilux

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

I have got a 27 & a 29 radio, not sure make of them, but they work and that is the main concern, then I carry two hand helds but these are The Kenwood make which have their own seperate frequency.

Thankyou for the compliment about my Hilux, yes it is awesome but to get it like this has cost many $$$$$$$$ over the years, but for now, I am not spending any more money on it, I will consider the fitment of rear brake discs and calipers, there is a company in Australia that is busy manufacturing disc brakes for the rear, they call themselves
Snake Racing http://www.snakeracing.co.au I think this is their web site or something similar, But I would also like to get some Longfield Molychrome heavy duty side shafts http://www.longfield.com these side shafts do away with the normal birfield joints that we have in the front of our solid front axles, but so far I have been lucky, I have not broken a birfield as yet, normally with 33 or 35" tyres and lockers they can break.

Yes I may have over spent mega bucks on this Hilux, but this was more than just a vehicle. It is similar to an Oil Painting, it is lekker to look at, nice to drive and have had many years of fun in it so far.

All the best :D
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”