Camil Skokbrekers

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Walter
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hi Lux SRX

Camil Skokbrekers

Post by Walter »

OK

Ek is nuut in die Toyota wereld, ry al 25 jaar Land Rover en het verlede jaar vir die baas in D/C D4D 4X4 laat kry en ek het 3 weke terug die S/C 4X4 D4D gekry, so spaar my in paar oomblikke

Ek het gister in Hi Lux met Camil suspensie gesien, as die vraag al vantevoregevra is vergewe,

Het vandag Camil laat sit op die Jag Cruiser laat sit weens prys en beskikbaarheid,

Wat is die algemene opinie oor Camil?
Dadz Toy BFI

Re: Camil Skokbrekers

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

I met a guy in Cape Town who SWEARS BY his Camil shockers, reckons they're a better ride than OME

He's just been up to central africa and back in his SFA DC Hilux

He's a real nice guy (as are all Hilux drivers!) if you wanna give him a call his name is Pat Bailey and his cell is: 074 112 4468 or Cape Town (021) 6894981

You can tell him that Rich the Electrician gave you his number.

Cheers

Rich
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

I think it depends on your application, some guys says yes others no, I personally would not fit them since I have seen a vehicle or two with them that bounces and looses traction when climbing up steep inclines.

The original springs and the coils sometimes have different spring tensions and the work against each other. Then also the shock mounts were not originally designed to take the ekstra strain of the added spring to the shock, and I remember reading about a guy on some forum a while ago who's shock mounts broke off in the rear while carrying load. I have also seen on some vehicles that they also limit articulation as the shocks they use limits downwards travel as they are too short.
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Iknow Fransdw2002 alsao has it fitted on his 2.5, sc 2007 and he is very happy with it.

See topic: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=453&p=10780&hilit=c ... ion#p10780

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”