Dual BAttery - Solenoid vs Ctek dc-2-dc ? your opinion ?

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
daniel567
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: cape town
Vehicle: hilux

Dual BAttery - Solenoid vs Ctek dc-2-dc ? your opinion ?

Post by daniel567 »

hello All , am new to this forum , have started to kit up a Hilux and would appreciate any advice ....

Currently .. what are the opinions on the Dual battery system ... using Solenoid vs DC-2-DC like the Ctek setup ?

is one way better than the other ? are there benefits either way ? have you changed from solenoid to DC-2-DC ?

what is preferred solenoid : TMAX or National Luna

are there options in the dc-2-dc setup ?

whom best to install in central cape town area ?

any advice welcomed !

thanks for a great forum

regards
Daniel
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Re: Dual BAttery - Solenoid vs Ctek dc-2-dc ? your opinion ?

Post by Thunder02 »

Welcome,
I would go with the C-tec from the word go.
I've got a national luna battery system and it does not allow for solar panels, and believe me you will eventually go the panel route, especially if you are more into overlanding as I am.
Check out Bush power website, found them to be the cheapest on C-tec charges.
http://www.bushpower.co.za/products.asp?pc=17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Hi Daniel

You dont say what kind of battery you are using as an Aux battery.

If you are using a normal cranking battery, then a solenoid system will work, but as Neil said, you dont have the solar panel inputs for charging purposes. Than must be added on in the form of a regulator which can cost you anythng from R200 to R1000 depending on your requirements.

If you are going to use a deep cycle battery, DC-2-DC is the only way to go. A solenoid will not charge a deep cycle battery to its full capacity. A bit more expensive, but you only need to be stuck in the bush with green chops and hot beer once to realise it is money well spent.

Talk to ChrisF on the forum. He is our resident Hilux4x4 Electrical Guru.... And added bonus, he is in the Bellville area... :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
daniel567
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by daniel567 »

Many thanks for advice - will also chat to ChrisF

was also thinking of adding CTEK MXS 5.0 12v 5Amp charger for when near electrical point.

using a 105ah deep cycle deltec battery as 2nd

any comments on the mxs 5amp charger ? (setting it up to stay in the car)...is it sufficient ? (eg electrical point in a campsite/home... might as well use it if it is there just to keep battery fully charged ?)

...looking at the National Luna battery monitor unless anyone advises a better unit /device? (I am presuming the ctek charger only charges and does not monitor 2 batteries conditions)

regards
Daniel
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Daniel, I really think you should see Chris. He also has an amazing little gauge setup in his bus!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager

ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

Here is a link to some of Chris' stuff.. viewtopic.php?f=95&t=36698&p=438592" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thys de Jager

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Hi Daniel WELCOME to the Hilux forum :)

Start by speaking to the wonderful staff at 4x4Direct - they have a nice shop in Brackenfell ... AND they stock a lot of the items you will need along this road to kitting out your 4x4. - http://www.4x4direct.co.za/shop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have done a long write up on the other forum - including a pdf that you can download - http://4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=187502" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Okay so lets cover the basics :

you said you have a 105Ah Deep cycle - the deep cycle requires about 14,5V to fully charge, MORE than a modern alternator puts out.

Thus you are looking at a dc-2-dc charger.

but before you choose one - SOLAR ??? Are you going to add solar panels ??

without solar panels you have a couple of options for dc2dc chargers - check in with 4x4Direct

WITH solar - here I STRONGLY recommend that you look at the Ctek250S or the Hcdp unit with AUTOMATIC switchover between alternator and solar panel.

now Ctek vs Hcdp ....

WHERE is your 2nd battery going ?

The Hcdp is NOT splash proof and NOT suitable for use under the engine bay. So for engine bay installations your only option is the Ctek250S. If the battery is going in the back of your bakkie, well now it is a tos-up between the two ... The Hcdp is just a lot cheaper.

the old solenoid systems barely worked with engine bay mounted high cycle batteries - it does not work with deep cycle batteries. It DOES appear to work, but never charge it past 90%, and the battery suffers as a result - I lost a deep cycle this way.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

You are also welcome to pop in and to have a look at my system. (but we are leaving on Friday for a nice loooong weekend trip :) )
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Excellent advice by Chris :thumbup: Over the weekend I am replacing my national luna with a Dc-Dc HCDP 12 amp unit.It can take a solar panel,but it just dont switch automatic between the 2.I am not bothered now.I dont have a solar panel.
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
optirite
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Hartbeespoort Dam
Vehicle: 1993 80 Series Land Cruiser (3UZ-VVTi)
Club VHF Licence: J91

Post by optirite »

Put both with an isolating switch on both. The ctek WILL fail on you, usually as a result of heat, but it will fail. Then you can change over.

That is of course if you insist on the ctek.

There is no perfect system available at the moment that you can buy off the shelf. The ctek is good but defanately not without it's faults, and there are many.

Been there and done that.
Image kiss kiss
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

george wrote:Excellent advice by Chris :thumbup: Over the weekend I am replacing my national luna with a Dc-Dc HCDP 12 amp unit.It can take a solar panel,but it just dont switch automatic between the 2.I am not bothered now.I dont have a solar panel.
if that 12A unit switched automatically it would have been my charger of choice - I am very conservative and prefer the lower charge rate ....

At places like Kgalagadi it is simply impossible to switch between alternator and solar between game drives - partly because you stop 20 times a day, and more so because it is not exactly recommended to get out your vehicle to operate a switch while you are 10m from a pride of lions ... :shock2: :slap:

koop liewer een keer die model wat outomaties oor skakel. :) :cooldude:
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

optirite wrote:Put both with an isolating switch on both. The ctek WILL fail on you, usually as a result of heat, but it will fail. Then you can change over.

That is of course if you insist on the ctek.

There is no perfect system available at the moment that you can buy off the shelf. The ctek is good but defanately not without it's faults, and there are many.

Been there and done that.
interesting comment ....

care to elaborate as to why the Ctek "will" fail ?

YES, I have heard of a number of failures - most of these turned out to be blown fuses inside the unit, indicating a fault during the installation. Then there have been reports of the Ctek not charging in extreme temperatures - this is a "pain", but not a fault, as the unit is designed to shut down under extreme temperature conditions. Bad placement in the engine bay means this happens often .... rather place it inside the cab and live with 1m distance between the Ctek and the 2nd battery.

My Ctek now has about 30 000km on it, and working perfectly :) (touch wood)

but we are talking rough usage, so at some point or other you MAY encounter some issues along the road - KNOW your system, and know how to bypass it if needed !! :thumbup:
Johan Kriel
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Okahandja
Vehicle: 2.5 SC 4x4

Post by Johan Kriel »

My ctek 250 is in the engine bay, and it never failed on me. It sitting there for a couple of years now. Done the Kaokoveld, GKGR, Kaprivi and other places during Decembers. With solar charging at camps.

At home when the vehicle is parked I connect a ctek 7.0 to the start battery and forget about. Ok a fuse inside blown once, not sure why, while changing a connection, but I opened it and replaced the fuse. Its a normal Naas Botha car fuse.

I have a NL also in another vehicle. But only tolerate it because I use identical batteries (70 Ah) there, start and aux, for a small fridge some times when doing long trip for work.
Johan Kriel

Legend 50
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Johan BAIE dankie vir die terugvoer !!

Ek weet van twee mense wat die probleem ervaar het ... maar ek weet nie hoe hul installasie lyk nie - of daar warm lug op die Ctek waai nie ....
daniel567
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by daniel567 »

hi again - many thanks for all the info !

certainly good advice in there !

will chat on your return Chris ! enjoy !

regards
Daniel
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

pleasure, and enjoy the journey of kitting out your 4x4.
Johan Kriel
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Okahandja
Vehicle: 2.5 SC 4x4

Post by Johan Kriel »

ChrisF wrote:Johan BAIE dankie vir die terugvoer !!

Ek weet van twee mense wat die probleem ervaar het ... maar ek weet nie hoe hul installasie lyk nie - of daar warm lug op die Ctek waai nie ....
Ja ook al gehoor dat ouens moun die ding kry warm. Myne sit aan die exhaust kant teen die mudguard ook, en die hitte sensor bo-op die aux battery wat voor agter die lig RHS sit. Maar ek het n idee petrol voertuie maak baie meer hitte daar binne. Selfs die NL gooi tou op as hy te warm kry en obvous sal die ctek ook dan nie werk nie.

Maar as ek die manuals reg lees behoort dit eintlik net op te hou laai as die battery te warm kry, maar dalk kry die elektonika ook te warm en hou op werk, dis was die geval met die NL op een trip in n 80 series 4500 LC. Al plek wat die goed toe gewerk het was binne in die kar.
Johan Kriel

Legend 50
Polarbear2008
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 01 Hilux Kz-te 4x4 Raider d/c
Club VHF Licence: X49

Post by Polarbear2008 »

Welcome,<br />I would go with the C-tec from the word go.<br />I've got a national luna battery system and it does not allow for solar panels, and believe me you will eventually go the panel route, especially if you are more into overlanding as I am.<br />Check out Bush power website, found them to be the cheapest on C-tec charges.<br />http://www.bushpower.co.za/products.asp?pc=17<br/>

Thunder2 I disagree about the NL not being able to work with solar. I bought a R170 regulator and added this to the battery which works 100 percent. I would say that the ctek is obviously the easier (although probably more expensive) choice. Also you will search far to beat after sales service as found at National Luna. My battery box was bought 2nd hand and I found that the display in the Hilux was quite different to the panel reading. Sent the whole lot to NL who calibrated and tested everything free of charge. I just paid the courier fees.
01 Hilux 3.0L KZ-TE 4x4 Raider d/c
GME Gx300 29meg & Vertex VX2200 VHF radio
Mikem load springs with greasable shackles and polybushes
Monroe Gas Magnum shocks
Kumho Road Venture AT - 30x9.5x15
National Luna Dual battery system
Frontrunner roofrack with s/steel table
Twin rear high lift jack points
Hilux4x4club sticker! ('nuf said!)
Echo3 4x4 offroad trailer with NL 74 Litre Fridge/Freezer
Dual loadbox slides
Wishlist:
Alu canopy
Warn Winch
Unlimited Fuel & Travel Budget!
Thunder02

Post by Thunder02 »

Polarbear2008 wrote:Welcome,<br />I would go with the C-tec from the word go.<br />I've got a national luna battery system and it does not allow for solar panels, and believe me you will eventually go the panel route, especially if you are more into overlanding as I am.<br />Check out Bush power website, found them to be the cheapest on C-tec charges.<br />http://www.bushpower.co.za/products.asp?pc=17<br/>

Thunder2 I disagree about the NL not being able to work with solar. I bought a R170 regulator and added this to the battery which works 100 percent. I would say that the ctek is obviously the easier (although probably more expensive) choice. Also you will search far to beat after sales service as found at National Luna. My battery box was bought 2nd hand and I found that the display in the Hilux was quite different to the panel reading. Sent the whole lot to NL who calibrated and tested everything free of charge. I just paid the courier fees.
I can't agree more, their service is great, but the original question was to pick between the two.
What switch system do you have between the panel and NL box.
As for the Ctec there are a few great features and at the end of the day only a R1500-00 price differance.
But I hear you, only pity NL don't want to listen.Their factory is next door to us and have spoken to them a few times and they are in no way wanting to go the solar route.

www.4x4direct.co.za
Polarbear2008

Post by Polarbear2008 »

Thunder02 wrote:
Polarbear2008 wrote:Welcome,<br />I would go with the C-tec from the word go.<br />I've got a national luna battery system and it does not allow for solar panels, and believe me you will eventually go the panel route, especially if you are more into overlanding as I am.<br />Check out Bush power website, found them to be the cheapest on C-tec charges.<br />http://www.bushpower.co.za/products.asp?pc=17<br/>

I can't agree more, their service is great, but the original question was to pick between the two.
As for the Ctec there are a few great features and at the end of the day only a R1500-00 price differance.
But I hear you, only pity NL don't want to listen.Their factory is next door to us and have spoken to them a few times and they are in no way wanting to go the solar route.
Thunder02 sorry for digressing from the original question. Ctek have made a name for themselves especially with the dc to dc chargers (besides the HUGE price tag)! With regards to the solar regulator, you can basically pick whichever one you want or can afford. Mine was a pretty basic unit with basic isolation. The panel also has diode protection. I then attached the regulator output directly to the battery (as has done a friend of mine with 2 of his NL boxes). All are running fine without any detrimental effect on alternator or NL electronics.
Monroe Gas Magnum shocks
Dual loadbox slides
Wishlist:
Alu canopy
Warn Winch
Thunder02

Post by Thunder02 »

Polarbear2008 wrote:
Thunder02 wrote:

Thunder02 sorry for digressing from the original question. Ctek have made a name for themselves especially with the dc to dc chargers (besides the HUGE price tag)! With regards to the solar regulator, you can basically pick whichever one you want or can afford. Mine was a pretty basic unit with basic isolation. The panel also has diode protection. I then attached the regulator output directly to the battery (as has done a friend of mine with 2 of his NL boxes). All are running fine without any detrimental effect on alternator or NL electronics.
Thanks, going to try that before spending the big bucks, it's just sad that NL don't want to move on, but like the owner says, "they are in the fridge business, and not the battery one"

www.4x4direct.co.za
Polarbear2008

Post by Polarbear2008 »

Cool. I just used mine this past weekend. 74 litre NL fridge freezer on 102Ah hi cycle in the NL box on a 80watt solar panel. Panel is mounted flat on my canopy (never took it off). Battery never dropped below 100%. Hilux stood in same spot for most of the weekend as we walked all over instead of driving.
Monroe Gas Magnum shocks
Dual loadbox slides
Wishlist:
Alu canopy
Warn Winch
Polarbear2008

Post by Polarbear2008 »

I forgot to add that if the solenoid is locked (because of driving) and the panel is working it will top up both batteries at once. Bonus! This will continue until the panel voltage drops below the 12.7 volt level (solenoid cutout point).
Monroe Gas Magnum shocks
Dual loadbox slides
Wishlist:
Alu canopy
Warn Winch
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

The HcDp, as said, is not a sealed unit, have mine mounted behind the rear seat, what I love about it, besides being affordable is the inclusion cooling fan. Electronics fail because of heat. Also it's a local product and Manny, the owner, is very hands on and friendly. Local is lekka!
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
TOYOTA 4YEFI
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Land Cruisr 80

Post by TOYOTA 4YEFI »

Ctec all the way I fit these to gameviewers with two 120ah agm batteries connected to a 2000w inverter for a coffee machine, and not one the ctec's that ive fitted have fail due to heat even thought they operate in ambient temps of up to 48 deg and one ctec charges both of those batteries just during game drives
coetzer94
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Pretoorsdorp
Vehicle: Silver Hilux DC 2.8 GD-6 2016

Post by coetzer94 »

Dagse. Ek het op die oomblik n NL portable boks wat agter in die bakkie is maar ek wil my 2de batery na die engine toe skuif. Ek sal daarvan hou om die ctek aanteskaf, maar na van die manne oor die hitte probleem gekla het is ek onseker.
Ek sal ook kyk na die ander dc-dc chargers op 4x4direct, maar soos ek verstaan is hulle nie "buitelug" eenhede nie, so waar maak ek hom vas?
Waar het julle die ctek unit gemount sodat dit nie warm word nie? Of die ander 4x4 direct eenhede sodat hulle buite die nat en stof is? Enige fotos sal waardeer word!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working on my bucket list only makes it longer
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Onder die cubby-hole.

Dis BY die tweede battery en jy kan die drade deur daai groot gromet druk

Maar dan kan jy liewer die hcdp 12A eenheid vat teen n fraksie van die prys .....
coetzer94
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by coetzer94 »

Ek is nou glad nie n boffin op elektriese goed nie, so in jou opinie sal die 12Amp eenheid groot genoeg wees?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Ja.

Die Ctek begin n lee battery laai teen 20A. Binne die eerste uur en n half begin die laai stroom geleidelik daal ...

Die HCdp laai teen 12A. Dus net die eerste stukkie van n LEE battery sal stadiger laai. Vir die res laai altwee ewe vinnig.

Daar is net een rede om die Ctek te kies - die feit dat dit outomaties oorskakel tussen alternator en PV. Vir R200 meer vat ek dan liewer die HCdp Mark 4 Power panel - NIE n opsie met die battery voor in die voertuig nie !!

Vir n tweede battery agter in n voertuig, of in n treiler is die HCdp Merk 4 paneel nou beslis die beste kopie !!!

Battery voor in die bakkie - NET alternator - HCdp 12A eenheid

Battery voor in die bakkie - Alternator EN PV - Ctek 250 S
coetzer94
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by coetzer94 »

Dan klink die HCdp model na die logiese keuse :think: . As ek reg verstaan is "pv" n sonpaneel imput? Wat beteken dat die unit nie outomaties oorskakel tussen die alternator en die sonpaneel nie, alhowel hy n sonpaneel input het?

Is dit nie dan n opsie om n skakelaar op elke inkomende draad te sit wat mens dan kan beheer, of n tipe relay switch wat van die bakkie se ignition af koppel en die sonpaneel kaat inskop sodra die bakkie afgeskakel word?

Ek kan nie mooi skat op 4x4direct se foto nie, maar hoe groot is die eenheid, en watter dikte drade gaan nodig wees? As ek die grommet gebruik wil ek hopelik steeds n mate van waterdigting he nadat ek al die drade daar deur geforseer het.

Baie dankie Chris vir al die info!

ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

HCdP het die 12A eenheid oorspronklik vir die manne met treilers ontwerp - dus OF alternator input OF PV (son paneel) input.

NIE seker hoe dit oorgeskakel word nie ... maar ek glo jy moets iets op die eenheid stel om oor te skakel .... Dis hoekom ek sê dit is nie die opsie ondie die dashbord AS jy ook PV wil gebruik nie.

6mm draad is meer as voldoende.
coetzer94
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by coetzer94 »

Ek kort eintelik nie n sonpaneel nie, maar my pa gaan nou vir hom een van daai flexible velle kry wat beteken ek kan sy ou een oorvat. Ek dink vir my doel sal die 12A unit voldoende wees, ek sal net sy mounting onder die dash moet uitsort :thumbup: Ek sal die sonpaneel dalk later net met n regulator en krokodil klampe maak werk as ek weet ons gaan vir n rukkie op n plek staan

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

Ctek damn expensive...but I think worth it...have one in the trailer.

To throw a spanner :mrgreen: ...I have the NL solenoid setup in the bakkie with Aux Batt in the load bin; only reason I've kept it is because of the winch override; I can flick a switch and have both batteries in parallel for winching (and there are 2 x 50mm sq cables running all the way to the rear). Fitted by previous owner. Guess I need to decide if I really need the extra batt for winching..override only works when engine is running anyway.

So my solution for now was to just add cables from aux batt going to the tbar hooking up to the Ctek in the trailer (still to be tested of Ctek would actually accept alternator input this way)
Mafutha
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Port Alfred
Vehicle: Hilux DC 4L V6

Post by Mafutha »

Hi ChrisF

Bietjie raad asb man..en moet nou asb nie lag nie. Ek is aan die groterige kant, of liewer my dokter se ek is plein vet!! Ek moet slaap met 'n CPAP masjien anders verjaag ek die diere en mede kampers of ek land in 'n hospitaal as hulle kwaad word vir die geluide wat ek maak.

Ek wil graag 'n NL 90 yskas/vrieskas agter in my bakkie sit wat moet laai as die bakkie aangeskakel is. (Ctek250S) Ek wil graag dan ook van sonpanele gebruik maak as die bakkie afgeskakel is. As dit egter bewolk is of reen, wil ek dit koppel aan my Honda Generator (Honda eu10i) in plaas van aan die son panele. Sal dit kan werk?

Dan ten opsigte van die CPAP masjien, wil ek graag 'n NL boks koop. Ek wil dit in die aand van die bakkie afhaal en in my tent sit wanneer ek slaap. Ek wil nie met lang drade ens opgeskeep sit van die bakkie af na my tent toe nie.

Kan al hierdie op 'n manier saamwerk? Kan dit gedoen word? Is daar 'n manier waarop ek die NL Boks ook kan laai vanaf die Ctek250S of vanaf my Honda Generator? Of het jy 'n beter voorstel vir my asb?
Mafutha
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Port Alfred
Vehicle: Hilux DC 4L V6

Post by Mafutha »

Is die Power Panel MK4 R03 my antwoord?
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Mafutha wrote:Hi ChrisF

Bietjie raad asb man..en moet nou asb nie lag nie. Ek is aan die groterige kant, of liewer my dokter se ek is plein vet!! Ek moet slaap met 'n CPAP masjien anders verjaag ek die diere en mede kampers of ek land in 'n hospitaal as hulle kwaad word vir die geluide wat ek maak.

Ek wil graag 'n NL 90 yskas/vrieskas agter in my bakkie sit wat moet laai as die bakkie aangeskakel is. (Ctek250S) Ek wil graag dan ook van sonpanele gebruik maak as die bakkie afgeskakel is. As dit egter bewolk is of reen, wil ek dit koppel aan my Honda Generator (Honda eu10i) in plaas van aan die son panele. Sal dit kan werk?

Dan ten opsigte van die CPAP masjien, wil ek graag 'n NL boks koop. Ek wil dit in die aand van die bakkie afhaal en in my tent sit wanneer ek slaap. Ek wil nie met lang drade ens opgeskeep sit van die bakkie af na my tent toe nie.

Kan al hierdie op 'n manier saamwerk? Kan dit gedoen word? Is daar 'n manier waarop ek die NL Boks ook kan laai vanaf die Ctek250S of vanaf my Honda Generator? Of het jy 'n beter voorstel vir my asb?
Ek het vir jou n epos gestuur. :thumbup:

Ek hou baie van die HCdP Power Pack Mark 4 (die een sonder die inverter). MAAR, dan is al jou eiers in een mandjie.

Vir die manne met medisyne in die yskas, of a CPAP, of ... wel daai manne wat se vakansie oor is as die battery leeg is - dan soek ek "redundancy", back-up, n manier om aan die gang te bly as een stelsel rond mors.

Hier is wat ek sou doen:
1) gewone cole-hersee solenoid om die tweede battery te laai.

2) Ctek 250 S na die solenoid om die 2de battery ordentlik te laai - AS die Ctek dan oppak in die bos, dan skuif jy net die positiewe draad na die volgende terminaal en jy het n standaard (swak) stelsel waar jou battery gelaai word van die alternator af. Dalk swak, maar n perfekte backup !!

3) Die Ctek is absoluut perfek om die alternator EN PV (solar) te kombineer !!!!

4) Laaste stap sou ek n Benton BX2 installeer om die battery van eskom/genny te laai. EN nou kan jy die battery "maintain" wanneer jy by die huis is.
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

Chris, toe ek die D250S gekoop het is ek aangeraai om nie 'n solenoid te gebruik nie, blykbaar tel mens probleme op met die Ctek wat nie wil aanskakel nie. Kan nie eintlik verstaan hoekom nie, maar Megaworld het dit beaam.

Ek hoop maar om weg te kom met die solenoid setup omdat my Ctek na die 2de battery is en en net die 3de batt in die boswa moet hanteer.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by ChrisF »

Omtrent 50 000km in Elders gedoen met die solenoid voor (edit - "in lyn met") die Ctek.

Nooit enige probleme gehad nie.

AL wat die Ctek laat aansit is wanneer die Alternator die volts opjaag, dink die magic getal is iets soos 13,5V.

Die Ctek weet nie of daar n solenoid is of nie.
Last edited by ChrisF on Mon May 09, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

ChrisF wrote:Omtrent 50 000km in Elders gedoen met die solenoid voor die Ctek.

Die Ctek weet nie of daar n solenoid is of nie.
Juis my redenasie ook...solank die solenoid nog goed kontak maak kan ek nie sien hoekom dit 'n probleem sal wees nie.

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”