Nuwe hilux engine specs

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
coetzer94
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Pretoorsdorp
Vehicle: Silver Hilux DC 2.8 GD-6 2016

Nuwe hilux engine specs

Post by coetzer94 »

Haai

Ek het die nuwe (2016) hilux se engine specs op n foto maar ek sukkel vreeslik om die foto te upload. Kan iemand vir my hul nr stuur dan forward ek dit na hulle om op die thread te sit?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working on my bucket list only makes it longer
Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Re: Nuwe hilux engine specs

Post by Mars »

Danksy Vian

If the leaked engine details are correct (leaked by a Thai car forum HeadlightMag), they reveal that the HiLux will now be powered by the following engine and gearbox combinations:

1GD-FTV VN — 2.8-litre four-cylinder intercooled turbocharged diesel engine that produces 132kW of power and 450Nm of torque between 1600 – 2400rpm when mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. When mated to the six-speed manual transmission, the torque figure drops to 420Nm of torque between 1600 – 2600rpm.
2GD-FTV VN — 2.4-litre four-cylinder intercooled turbocharged diesel engine that produces 125kW of power and 400Nm of torque between 1600rpm – 2400rpm when matched to a six-speed automatic transmission. The same engine when paired with a five-speed manual transmission drops torque output to 343Nm of torque between 1400 – 3400rpm.
2TR-FE — 2.7-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 116kW of power and produces 240Nm of torque at 3800rpm. It’s unclear which transmissions will be available with this engine. Given the power output hasn’t changed, it’s likely that it will retain the existing five-speed manual and four-speed automatic transmissions.
Christian Kuun
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 2008 Tuna V6 4x4 Manual

Post by Christian Kuun »

Ook maar goed ek het my 4.0 V6! En al hoe ek ontslae raak van my 4.0 V6 Fortuner is as daar n 5.7 V8 Fortuner uitkom! :mrgreen:
Wynkop Kuun

O82 6l5 8lO5
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

Toyota is releasing 14 new engines until the end of 2015. So who knows, maybe we will still see a V6 motor later this year.
Johan Marais
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

The leaked engine specs are for Thailand. Thailand never had the 4.0 V6 in the Vigo anyway, they only had the 2.7 VVTi. I believe that the Aussies (huge petrol heads) will have the 4.0 V6 in their version of the Hilux, which is also the same version we will be getting.

If we dont get that, and the top performer is the 2.8 Diesel, Toyota will lose sales... Especially after making us used to the big guns..

Pictures are out, and it looks okay, nothing really wow but that is to be expected from Toyota.. very conservative.. and they still dont know how to design head and tail lights..

But lets wait till we see it in the flesh before we judge too harshly...
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Dewald Posthumus
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Hilux 3.0D4d 4x4

Post by Dewald Posthumus »

I quite like the interior look, it is based on the current Prado. The climate control is almost and exact copy, it has rear air vents for the passengers coming from the centre console (which may mean that there could be a fridge in the centre console as well). The 4x4 select knob is the same is in the current Prado. The floating tablet I think will be something installed in all new cars in any case, so we just need to learn to live with it.

Not much can be said about the exterior and if you remove the badges off the 2016 Hilux, Ranger, Foton, Amarok etc, they all look the same. Reliability and maintenance cost is key.
Dewald Posthumus
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Hilux 3.0D4d 4x4

Post by Dewald Posthumus »

Pics from 4x4 Community forum
Attachments
Hilux3.jpg
Hilux3.jpg (31.12 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
Hilux2.jpg
Hilux2.jpg (37.06 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
HiluxInteriror.jpg
HiluxInteriror.jpg (33.74 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
Christian Kuun
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 2008 Tuna V6 4x4 Manual

Post by Christian Kuun »

Remember how we all thought the Vigo was hideous in the beginning and the okes were swearing by their IFS....well, its the same here. Give it some time and let everyone get used to the looks and next thing we will all be loving it.
Wynkop Kuun

O82 6l5 8lO5
stumps
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Alberton
Vehicle: Toyota 4.0L D/C 4x4; Camil
Club VHF Licence: X225

Post by stumps »

Christian Kuun wrote:Ook maar goed ek het my 4.0 V6! En al hoe ek ontslae raak van my 4.0 V6 Fortuner is as daar n 5.7 V8 Fortuner uitkom! :mrgreen:
Snap for sure
2008 Hilux 4.0L 4x4 (Mufasa)
Toyota 4.0L D/C 4x4; Camil suspesion, Long Range tank, Kilber snorkel

1Co 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;

http://www.sandriver.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.travelconsortium.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dodging
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Golof

Post by Dodging »

Sorry, but how do you manage to only make 116kw from a 2.7l engine?
Nothing is impossible - it just costs more

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”