Paint Protection for my Hilux

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
TheGuvnor
Town: Potchefstroom
Vehicle: Hilux 2013 2x4 Auto

Paint Protection for my Hilux

Post by TheGuvnor »

Hello mates! Any tips on how to best protect your car's paint when going to the bush often and having to deal with doringbosse and branches scraping the side of your bakkie? We do some hunting throughout the year and I make use of my Hilux for loading animals in remote spots in the bush...

I have heard of Amazing-Glaze in Centurion where they add a thin film to the car for R800...

Regards

Zac
jafman
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Karachi
Vehicle: HILUX RAIDER HERITAGE EDITION 2011 V6 4.0

Re: Paint Protection for my Hilux

Post by jafman »

Scotchgard paint protection film by 3m is a good product if you can find a dealer in your area.
jafman
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Karachi
Vehicle: HILUX RAIDER HERITAGE EDITION 2011 V6 4.0

Post by jafman »

Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Post by Mars »

The only thing that will protect your paint from scratches in the bush is the protective films they apply such as the VPS system but make yourself ready for a MO3RSE shock. R20 000 plus for a double-cab. The polishes on the market claims that it leaves a protective polymer layer on the paint and I don't dispute that it does but am quite certain that is not going to protect against thorns and bushes.

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”