IMV Security Kit installation

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
StuckInTheMudd
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D-4D Xtracab 4x4

IMV Security Kit installation

Post by StuckInTheMudd »

I received a quote from TuffStuff. One of the requirements is that a D-4D must have a IMV Security Kit installed.

Their broker told me that from 2014 they are standard. But I am planning on downgrading to an older D4D. Would it have such a kit installed, or will I need to have it installed myself? And where would I get one of these?
StuckInTheMudd
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Re: IMV Security Kit installation

Post by StuckInTheMudd »

Update: OK so I caved and begrudgingly paid Toyota R600 for the plate. But they want R1100 for 1.5hours labour to install it.

So I'm going to attempt a DIY job. Does anyone know how this is done or have any advice for me please?
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

I'm sure that some of the guys with older model D4D's have done it themselves, maybe one or more might still have some input when they come on line again (weekend thing, you know). In the meantime you could post some pics of the 'plate' and where it's supposed to be fitted and we non-D4D-owners can perhaps assist from that point. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

The idea is that it should be "bolt-on" ...

Remove the cubbyhole and play around with the plate to see how it could possibly be mounted (bolted on) ....

Please do take photos and post to help others
StuckInTheMudd
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by StuckInTheMudd »

This weekend I was the proud recipient of the coveted Dumb-of-the-Day award.

Went to my friend's place to fit the part, only to discover there is already one fitted. It was a demo and Toyota had already fitted it, but had moved the assembly to the opposite side. The insurance broker told me to look on the driver's side, so I looked on the driver's side, but saw no security plate.

Not a complete stuff up, I'm intending to sell my vehicle anyway. So it would have needed to be a temporary installation. And if my next vehicle is also a D4D I'll need the part anyway.

But yes, facepalms all round.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

:laugh2:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”