Dash Cam advice

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
sasafaris
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Durban
Vehicle: hilux 4x4 KZTE

Dash Cam advice

Post by sasafaris »

I am looking into getting a Dash Cam. I travel a lot through Zim which has more than its fair share of corrupt cops etc. Without breaking the bank, what suggestions?
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: Dash Cam advice

Post by CasKru »

I like the Transcend ones... Family_Dog also used to sell excellent quality ones here on the forum but not sure if he still does
To God be the glory
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

While back FD noted that he stopped selling it.

Friend got a Garmin unit a while back. Like the small compact look of it.

My personal experience, with the EagleEye units - DO format the card regularly ! Check for glare off the dash or bonnet ... If you clean the dash and get some overspray on the windows - CHECK the dashcam lens .... In fact just check the darned thing REGULARLY !! It is NOT a self sustaining unit that will get the critical footage months down the line if you did not baby the dashcam .... ja, nou al goed keelvol vir die ding wat n paar kritiese clips gemis het ... nie eens lus om die ander een in Langpad te sit nie .... gaan dalk maar geld uithaal en die Garmin een probeer.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

but then again, for a corrupt cop the mere presence of a camera in the dash may just do the job ...

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”