2004 Hilux KZ-TE D/C 4x4

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Hannes Thirion
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2004 Toyota HiLux KZ-TE DC 4x4

2004 Hilux KZ-TE D/C 4x4

Post by Hannes Thirion »

This is not a for sale ad, I will place the for sale ad later.
I do have the opportunity to buy a Cruiser and have to sell my KZ before I can buy the Cruiser.
If someone would be interested in buying the Hilux, would they buy it with the home made aluminium canopy and load system in the back or without it? Price will be the total price of the 3 items.
Or should I rather put separate ad's up for the vehicle, the canopy and the load system?
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Re: 2004 Hilux KZ-TE D/C 4x4

Post by Stef »

Generally you would get more money for the extras separately, but it is always such a schlep to get it sold.

I would leave it on and advertise as is, asking a little more than the going rate for a standard KZ. For a potential buyer it is still cheaper than having to buy them new afterwards. Extras do make your vehicle stand out from the rest but you'll never recover the full value thereof.

Selling the vehicle without any extras could generate less interest and take longer to sell unless you drop the price which would negate any gains from extras that were sold separately...always a catch 22.
Hannes Thirion
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Vehicle: 2004 Toyota HiLux KZ-TE DC 4x4

Re: 2004 Hilux KZ-TE D/C 4x4

Post by Hannes Thirion »

Thanks Stef. Yes, that is also my experience.
I think I will do both, advertise the vehicle with extras, without extras and extras separately and see what happen.
Will place ads within a few days.

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”