ADVICE NEEDED

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Walvis Bay
Vehicle: HILUX LEGEND 45 V6 4.0 4X4

ADVICE NEEDED

Post by Alex2539 »

Hi there

I am looking for spotlights as my LED bar is illegal in Namibia and i had to sell it before i get in touble. So i found this online, can you recommend the seller and the product?

http://shop.technopro.co.za/index.php?m ... ts_id=7781" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bonded to Yotas :cooldude:
pietdevs
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Mosselbay
Vehicle: Toyota Land Cruiser Troopy

Re: ADVICE NEEDED

Post by pietdevs »

Lforce is good but I would like to recommend you to fit LED spotlights. I have 2 on my bakkie and they outperform the Lforce by far
TertiusK
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Oudtshoorn
Vehicle: 1990 Hilux 2.4D 4x4 DC Full MIKEM Suspension front and back + 2007 Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDI 4WD

Post by TertiusK »

interesting subject!!

Spoke to an Auto electrician 2 weeks back when he was sorting out some stuff for me and this topic came up.

According to him Namibia counts each led light as a light and you are only allowed 6 lights. (Normal lights, mist lights, spot lights for example)

Not sure if this is true!!
lukestoyzx
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Griffith
Vehicle: 07 Hilux SR5

Post by lukestoyzx »

^^ now thats just dumb! Check out 4wd super center on line. They're aussie and always have amazing deals. They sell a set of 9inch leds spotties for less than 200au! And they're an awesome bit of kit.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

lukestoyzx wrote:^^ now thats just dumb! Check out 4wd super center on line. They're aussie and always have amazing deals. They sell a set of 9inch leds spotties for less than 200au! And they're an awesome bit of kit.

Luke there are at least two sides to this story .....

Sadly there ARE "people" that drive with these LED bars ON in traffic. Last week I was blinded by a "person" driving Pajero, brights and LED bar ON in traffic ... but then, he could hardly stay in his lane while talking on his cell-phone.

Then we have a couple of countries at the Southern end of Africa getting a reputation for "applying the rules" ... though this typically happen on a "hand-over-cash" basis ......

Should add - Namibia is NOT known for this type of behaviour, well not at the same level as others.
Rigger
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: George
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 S/C 4x4

Post by Rigger »

I saw a Namibian news paper article on another forum regarding this that stated that all LED's are illegal except factory fitted ones in the modern cars. Will try to find that article
lukestoyzx
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Griffith
Vehicle: 07 Hilux SR5

Post by lukestoyzx »

It's still bumb! Thats the problem with the world today, they r trying to stupid proof it! They make a new rule for the 0.1% of people who do the wrong thing then everyone else suffers.

Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Alex2539 »

Thank you all for your response. Indeed our law only allows for maximum 6 bulbs. Some traffic officers take this issue very serious and at times they confiscate the licence disk. The LED lights i must admit are quite dangerous when used inappropriate, as stated above; some people are using them in traffic
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

The Namibian law is the same as ours, which makes them illegal, whether that is stupid or not.
Another bit of free advice, do not drive in MOST parts of Africa after sunset. It is not safe. This is also the best time to camp and wind down after a day out in the bush or on back roads. If you stick to this hint, you will not need the extra lights.
On most roads you will get a steady flow of traffic which will prevent you from using bright lights, so you will very seldom or never use your expensive LED Lights.
Most accidents with pedestrians/animals/cyclist or vehicles without lights occur when you are blinded by oncomming vehicles, so cannot see the hidden dangers in the road.
With no approaching traffic you will have no problem seeing any foreign objects in the road which cause vehicle accidents.
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Alex2539 »

Haboob wrote:The Namibian law is the same as ours, which makes them illegal, whether that is stupid or not.
Another bit of free advice, do not drive in MOST parts of Africa after sunset. It is not safe. This is also the best time to camp and wind down after a day out in the bush or on back roads. If you stick to this hint, you will not need the extra lights.
On most roads you will get a steady flow of traffic which will prevent you from using bright lights, so you will very seldom or never use your expensive LED Lights.
Most accidents with pedestrians/animals/cyclist or vehicles without lights occur when you are blinded by oncomming vehicles, so cannot see the hidden dangers in the road.
With no approaching traffic you will have no problem seeing any foreign objects in the road which cause vehicle accidents.
Well said :lmao:

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”