TIME TO REPLACE MY TIRES, HOW GOOD IS THE BFG AT?

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Post Reply
User avatar
Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:04 pm
Town: Walvis Bay
Vehicle: Hilux raider 3.0D4D extended cab
Real Name: Alex

Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:33 pm

Hi there

its that time again for my hilux to get some new shoes. i am currently running BG KO A/T. They have really done their job, i am therefore certain of replacing them with another set of BG KO2 A/T. Anybody have good /bad experiences with the KO2 A/T ?
Bonded to Yotas :cooldude:

User avatar
Rigger
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:03 pm
Town: Oudtshoorn
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 S/C 4x4
Real Name: Martiens

Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:33 pm

I have KO2's on my Vigo and drive very bad gravel roads everyday. 10 000km and very happy with them

User avatar
Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:04 pm
Town: Walvis Bay
Vehicle: Hilux raider 3.0D4D extended cab
Real Name: Alex

Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Rigger wrote:I have KO2's on my Vigo and drive very bad gravel roads everyday. 10 000km and very happy with them
Thanks, in my view they are one of the best

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Bonded to Yotas :cooldude:

User avatar
Johan Kriel
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Posts: 607
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:41 pm
Town: Okahandja
Vehicle: 2.5 SC 4x4
Real Name: Johan kriel
Location: Okahandja

Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:29 pm

Vir my is enige tyre wat nie n naweek n papwiel gee nie n goeie tyre, en sover is dit net BFG wat dit doen
Johan Kriel

Prado

User avatar
Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:04 pm
Town: Walvis Bay
Vehicle: Hilux raider 3.0D4D extended cab
Real Name: Alex

Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:29 pm

Johan Kriel wrote:Vir my is enige tyre wat nie n naweek n papwiel gee nie n goeie tyre, en sover is dit net BFG wat dit doen
ImageImagedit is waar

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Bonded to Yotas :cooldude:

Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 12:33 pm
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4
Real Name: Marnus
Location: Pretoria Oos
Contact:

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:06 am

Ek het die voriges op my bakkie gehad en het gesê ek sal hulle nie weer opsit nie oor 'n paar goed wat ek ervaar het. Hulle was hard en daar het stukke rubber afgebreek as jy klippe ry. (selfs baie versigtig). Hulle was swak op 'n nat pad en het geweldig begin raas hier na die einde van hulle lewe. Goeie myle gekry.

Ek kan nie oor die nuwes kommentaar lewer nie maar ek verstaan dat hulle die samestelling van die band effens sagter gemaak het. Ek het net 'n probleem met hulle prys.

User avatar
Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:04 pm
Town: Walvis Bay
Vehicle: Hilux raider 3.0D4D extended cab
Real Name: Alex

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:22 am

Mars wrote:Ek het die voriges op my bakkie gehad en het gesê ek sal hulle nie weer opsit nie oor 'n paar goed wat ek ervaar het. Hulle was hard en daar het stukke rubber afgebreek as jy klippe ry. (selfs baie versigtig). Hulle was swak op 'n nat pad en het geweldig begin raas hier na die einde van hulle lewe. Goeie myle gekry.

Ek kan nie oor die nuwes kommentaar lewer nie maar ek verstaan dat hulle die samestelling van die band effens sagter gemaak het. Ek het net 'n probleem met hulle prys.
Dankie Mars

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Bonded to Yotas :cooldude:

User avatar
Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:04 pm
Town: Walvis Bay
Vehicle: Hilux raider 3.0D4D extended cab
Real Name: Alex

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:25 am

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... 35138a.jpg[/IMG][IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... da8324.jpg[/IMG]

Interesting enough the general grabber AT has a higher index in terms of speed and loading, but the grabber is almost half the price????? How is that possible

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Bonded to Yotas :cooldude:

User avatar
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Posts: 3906
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:33 pm
Town: Parys
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Real Name: Johan
Club VHF Licence: X45
Location: Free State
Contact:

Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Alex the two tyres you are comparing are different in size and would thus have different ratings and load capacity.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johan Marais

User avatar
Alex2539
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:04 pm
Town: Walvis Bay
Vehicle: Hilux raider 3.0D4D extended cab
Real Name: Alex

Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:49 pm

JohanM wrote:Alex the two tyres you are comparing are different in size and would thus have different ratings and load capacity.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed, thanks for pointing that out

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Bonded to Yotas :cooldude:

Post Reply

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users