2003 South American (Colombia) DCSB HILUX 4x4

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
JAMES399
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Alejandria Antioquia Colombia SA
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4

2003 South American (Colombia) DCSB HILUX 4x4

Post by JAMES399 »

My wife and I live on a farm in the mountains north of the city of Medellin COLOMBIA South America. We moved here from the USA in 2006. I have a 2003 Toyota Hilux DCSB 4x4 "Hi RIDER." I bought the truck from the original owner with just 87000 KM on the clock. It is in pristine condition, and the previous owner had a complete maintenance history for it. I love this truck. I had a 1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 when we were in the US. It was a great truck, but I think the Hilux is light years better.
The roads in our area are unpaved dirt, and very rough to say the least. A 4x4 is a must, and my wife drives an '88 Isuzu Trooper. We have a '16 Kia Optima that we use in Medellin, but needed a better 4wd for bringing stuff to the farm from the big city. So, I bought the Hilux. I chose a 2003 model because I love the looks of the 2003-2005 Hiluxes, and the 2003 was the last year that manual locking front hubs were available on Hilux 4-bys.
toyota-hilux2013b.png
Trouble is ... Hiluxes sold in South America are completely different from those sold elsewhere in the world. In '03, a 2.7L 4 cylinder was standard everywhere but not in Colombia. Here the 2.4L 2RZ-FE was the ONLY engine offered. No gas V6, no diesel. Also, there is very little in the way of emission controls or safety equipment on the trucks here. The only emission device on the engine is the PCV valve. No EGR, catalytic converter, or anything else. No airbags, ABS, either. Finding specs on a SA Hilux is difficult too. The Manufacturer's Plate on the firewall has zero info on it.
plate.jpg
I have searched everywhere for a factory service manual, but they are out of print (Spanish edition), and getting anyone to part with theirs is like pulling teeth. The Australian manual's electrical diagrams are totally different. I want to do some mods to the engine and electrical system, but don't like going at it blind w/o a manual.

Anyone know where I can get some accurate info for my truck. Thanks ... sorry for being so long-winded :thumbup:

- JAMES
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: 2003 South American (Colombia) DCSB HILUX 4x4

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi James, we never had that model variation here either and our models of that shape were fitted with the 2.7 lit 3RZ petrol and 3 lit KZ diesel motors. I imagine that there can't be too much difference in the wiring between your 2 RZ and our 3RZ - have a look at our 3rz manual here viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13666

You could also have a look here http://jpnz.co.nz/ and you could also try www.toyodiy.com and look for you vehicle by VIN number.

Good luck. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Re: 2003 South American (Colombia) DCSB HILUX 4x4

Post by Thabogrobler »

Welcome James,

ToyDIY spits this out for your truck: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q?vin=RZN168L_PRMSKLA
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”