Hilux Revo Led bulbs

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Chris_K
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2.8 Hilux

Hilux Revo Led bulbs

Post by Chris_K »

Hey guys,

I bought some LED bulbs for my Revo. All from 4x4 direct. I heard the guys said that the LED H4 head lights work perfectly. I bought the LeDs for the day runner/parking lights and the fog lights, but Before I install them, I want to know if anyone els has done it, and if there was any problems. I don't want to go and burn fuses or my computer just because I wanted all the lights to have the same color as my Led bar.
Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Re: Hilux Revo Led bulbs

Post by Mars »

There really should not be a problem. It is basically a plug and play solution. I installed them on my 3lt D4D. It has a wiring loom that connects directly to the same plug that you remove from the back of the H4 globe. It can only connect one way. This then drives a transformer which drives the LED in turn. It is not possible to make a short which would cause the fuses to blow and if anything it draws less current than the Halogen H4 globes so also on that score it will also not blow the fuses.
venom38
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: johannesburg
Vehicle: hilux d4d

Post by venom38 »

I have on my revo. Excellent upgrade
Yo-Yo
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC 306

Post by Yo-Yo »

My REVO also has upgraded lights, also from 4X4 Direct, they work a charm and look gooooooood, and i can see now.
Hot and Sweaty -- Nice if you with a Lady---BAD if you in the Jungle.
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

Its the best light upgrade what I done on My old Hilux. I can drive easily at night now.

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”