Advice needed

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
JozuaJ
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 d4d D/C Legend 45 Auto 4x4

Advice needed

Post by JozuaJ »

Hi There

I am in process of installing 2 Engel 40L fridges in the back of my Hilux. What I need advise on is the following:

From where can I draw power to both the fridges that will be situated at the back of the load bin? I.e Can the power be directly connected to the battery or should I install the solenoid ( hope it is spelled correctly) ?

I am absolutely clueless when it comes to electrical stuff.

I also need to get power to my tow bar to connect my caravan with a Brad Harrison connection.

Any advise would e highly appreciated.

Regards
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Advice needed

Post by Mud Dog »

Caravan should ideally have it's own battery. A 2nd or even a third battery should be fitted in the bakkie to run two fridges, the main battery is not enough to run even one fridge continuously - you should look at solar panels to charge your additional batteries.

There are a number of threads here that cover the different options, just search for "dual battery" or "2nd battery". :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Scott
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: Hilux SFA

Re: Advice needed

Post by Scott »

go to 4x4 direct for advise.
JozuaJ
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria