Advies asb

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Rattlesnake
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2004 Hilux KZ-TE 4x4. Intercooler. Chip. Dyno. tuned
Club VHF Licence: X07

Advies asb

Post by Rattlesnake »

Die kz kon oorspronlik uit met 245/75/15 bande. Ek het opgesit 265/75/15 met n negtiewe offset rim(deep dish). As ek skerp draai skawe die tyre teen die body. Ek net al n bietjie van die plastiek weg gesny maar wil nie nog sny nie. Wat is my ander opsies? Body lift? Waarna sal ek moet kyk? As ek die roete gaan is dit net spacers of saal ek n wilde perd op? Of maar net n ander rim key? Ek dink om later te gaan na 31/10.5/15. Advies sal wardeer word. Baie dankie
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

Re: Advies asb

Post by Hilux 1 »

laat hulle jou wiele effe voorentoe skuif, dit is wat hulle met my gedoen het, as ek reg is.(265x75x15 = 31x10,5x15??)
Rattlesnake
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Rattlesnake »

Supa quick in Brackenfell het dit al gedoen
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Hilux 1 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:41 am laat hulle jou wiele effe voorentoe skuif, dit is wat hulle met my gedoen het, as ek reg is.(265x75x15 = 31x10,5x15??)
245x75x15 = 29.5" diameter
265x75x15 = 30.6" diameter
31x10,5x15 = 31" diameter

The problem will be slightly worse with 31" tyres (the tyre radius will increase by 0.2" or about 5mm).

A deep dish rim makes the tyre stand out further, this widens the turning arc of the steering, i.e. the outer edge of the tyre will move further forward or backward on full lock in either direction

From what I understand, a 30mm strut spacer will raise the suspension by about 50 to 60 mm which will help to gain a little clearance, but it only helps if the articulation is small - once the articulation is increased and the suspension travel moves the tyre up and in, you still have the same problem.

I think you should look at going back to standard offset rims before going to other expenses. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Rattlesnake
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Rattlesnake »

Hi Andy. That was my thoughts as well after doing some good thinking. It will be less complecated and much cheaper. Thanks guys for the tips and advise.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

If I'm not mistaken, the IFS guys manage to fit 31" tyres without any real problems when they use the standard rim. So I really think that the offset you have is the fly in the ointment here. Perhaps if you can loan a set of rims with 31's on from someone just to test it first. Might just save some unnecessary expenses. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Rattlesnake
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Rattlesnake »

Thanks Andy
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

Let them lift the front a bit by adjusting the torsion bars, 15mm up can help. You might have to shim it.

How ever you might with full lock get that the wheels still make contact. The - offset rims the culprit here. Your std rims would have been better.
EchoMan
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux KZ-TE
Club VHF Licence: L4

Post by EchoMan »

The standard rims work perfect. I'm riding on 31x10.5's for many years and have no problems!
Grondpad Alliepad!!!
TOYOMOZ
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Chimoio
Vehicle: Hi Lux Surf 3.0 kzte Toyota Granvia 3400 V6 4x4

Post by TOYOMOZ »

Hi Johan,
Is verseker die offset van die rims. Ek hol 31's op my IFS KZTE SURF met standaard ofset en geen probleme vir oor n jaar al.
Gideon
Rattlesnake
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Rattlesnake »

Hi Gideon. Ja, lyk my dit is die oorsaak. Ek't gedink as ek bodylift doen dit sal werk maar ander rims lyk na die antwoord.

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”