'03 Hilux 4x4 polyurethane body mount kit

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
JAMES399
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Alejandria Antioquia Colombia SA
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4

'03 Hilux 4x4 polyurethane body mount kit

Post by JAMES399 »

My '03 dcsb 4x4 Hilux makes a lot of noise on bumpy roads. All of the suspension bushings (front and back) are new, and I have installed new door rubber all around. I want to replace the body mounts, and would prefer to use polyurethane mounts . Anyone know of a source for a full set ?? Thanx.

- JAMES
JAMES399
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Re: '03 Hilux 4x4 polyurethane body mount kit

Post by JAMES399 »

OK, let me try again. I have looked high and low and can't find a polyurethane body mount kit for my '03 Hilux. I did find a kit for an '03 Tacoma though.
Anyone know if the mount kit for the Hilux and Tacoma are interchangeable?? I know the frames are different because the front suspensions aren't the same. But the body shells look identical and may have the same mounting points.
Any help here??

- JAMES
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Don't know for sure whether or not they will work but I'm inclined to think that they will. You're not changing chassis or bodies, just replacing the mounting dampers.

I'm also not so sure about polyurethane as opposed to rubber - I think the polyurethane will transfer more vibration / noise into the body because of it's hardness relative to the rubber ones.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Jaws
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Sharonlea
Vehicle: 2009 D4D 4x4

Post by Jaws »

I agree with my Mud Dog stay with rubber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:thumbup:
JAMES399
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by JAMES399 »

Picked up the body mount kit today. The dealer had a 2005 Hilux 4x4 with the mount kit installed and let me drive it. On very bumpy city streets it felt solid and quiet. Highway driving excellent too. He said the 2001 -2004 Hilux and Tacoma take the same mount kit.
Price was right so I'm going to give it a try. I'll post pics and the results. Thanks for the replies.

- JAMES

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”