Registration Certificate

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
walteraretz
Town: Viersen Germany
Vehicle: Toyota DC 4x4 2.4 Petrol

Registration Certificate

Post by walteraretz »

Hallo from Germany

Perhaps sombody in this forum can help me.
My Toyota 4x4 DC has been placed in Windhouk, and at the end of the year I want to bring it back to South afrika.
5 years ago I bought the car in Johannesburg. but now I need a new Registration Certificate.
The car has got a Numberplate from Gauteng (GP). Is there a Company in Joburg that is able to get me one?

Greeting

Walter Aretz
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: Registration Certificate

Post by Family_Dog »

Hi Walteraretz,

Can't help you with your question, but just want to welcome our second International member!

Man oh man... this is great!

Hopefully, someone else with knowledge in this matter can assist. Perhaps you should look up the Automobile Association (http://www.aa.co.za)

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Welcome to the forum I am sure you will enjoy it.
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Hi Walter

Welcome to the forum.

I need to understand your situation a bit better. Is the vehicle still registered in Gauteng, but you do not have a copy of the registration papers? Is the licence paid up in full?
walteraretz

Post by walteraretz »

Hi Benni
TheVehicle is still registered in Gauteng.

I have the original: Traffic Register Nmber Certificate.
Motor Vehicle Licence
Certificate of Registration ( Randburg )

The last Licence a paid at the 2004.11.30

Walter
Harold
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Howick
Vehicle: 1998 Hi-lux 2,4 S/cab (p); 1997 Hi-lux 2,4 D/cab (p)

Post by Harold »

I'm sure that once all outstanding fees are paid the vehicle will be 'legal' and you should have no problem at the border.
Be prepared to pay some heavy penalties for outstanding licence fees.
Harold
Harold (Greytown, KZN)
http://www.alib.co.za/hilux.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

What happened to the licence renewal forms? If you have it you can chance just sending someone to the licensing office with that form and try to get a licence renewal, but with them becoming strict now-a-days because of fraud the may insist on seeing the legal registered owner himself.

The same will apply if you need to request a licence without the the renewal forms. That mean that you will have to stop off at the Randburg licensing office first before going to Windhoek.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

In a case like this, you will have to send a police certified afadavit (sp) signed letter by yourself stating that you have for example given me, permission to be your Proxy or Repersentative to go and renew the license on your behalf, a certified copy of your ID or Passport book would also be required.

You would also have to send the original registration papers to me, if any outstanding fines, interest on overdue payments etc will also have to be paid at the same time, if you do not have the reminder white paper, I would then have to fill out a green form to apply for the new license paper.

But because I do not live in GP or where the vehicle was registered, I would not be able to renew the license here in Queenstown.

Try dealing with The AA concerning this issue.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

SYRON CONVERSIONS wrote:In a case like this, you will have to send a police certified afadavit (sp) signed letter by yourself stating that you have for example given me, permission to be your Proxy or Repersentative to go and renew the license on your behalf, a certified copy of your ID or Passport book would also be required.

You would also have to send the original registration papers to me, if any outstanding fines, interest on overdue payments etc will also have to be paid at the same time, if you do not have the reminder white paper, I would then have to fill out a green form to apply for the new license paper.

But because I do not live in GP or where the vehicle was registered, I would not be able to renew the license here in Queenstown.

Try dealing with The AA concerning this issue.
Simon

I do not believe the accept proxy letters any more. At one stage not too long ago, I needed a duplicate for one of my vehicle's registration papers and the guys from the local licensing station (private contractors dealing wit the licensing department on your behalf could not help me in this regard and the demanded to see me in Person. :cry: :cry:
SYRON CONVERSIONS

I am The Representative for all the vehicle's for the company that I work for, had to have a letter signed at the police station in this regard.

I do not enjoy having this job to sort out all the paper work, roadworthy's etc each year for all the vehicle's.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
walteraretz

Post by walteraretz »

Hi All

I solved the problem. One of my friends just announced the Toyota with the original documents in Prince Albert.
So i'm able to to go South Africa next January without any worries about that.
Thank you all very much for your help.

Greets
Walter
from rainy & cold germany ;-))
SYRON CONVERSIONS

And if you are down Queenstown way give me a call on my cell
082 499 1924, this is in The Eastern Cape.

cheers

simoan
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Glad to hear Walter.

Don't be a stranger to th forum now, let us know what your plans are for the trip to SA.
walteraretz

Post by walteraretz »

Hello Benhur, hello SYRON CONVERSIONS
My Plan is: The first week i make a Trip in Namibia with friends and 4x4 and Enduros. Than I go to the Richtersveld - Namaqua Trail - Wild Coast. Than over the Bavianskloof to Willowmoore. In Willowmore I leave the Toyota for the next 6 or 12 Month.
My question to you is: Can I drive the Namaqua Trail alone with my vehicle, and known someone interesting 4x4 trails or routes from Pofadder direction Wild Coast.
Walter
Knersus
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Kathu
Vehicle: 2.4 Hi Lux 4x4 DC 95'
Club VHF Licence: ZS3EP

Post by Knersus »

Hi Walter

Yes you can do the Namaqua trail and Rigtersvelt alone but it is always nice to have someone with you. I think you mean the West coast and not the Wild coast. The wild cost is a bit far from Pofadder :lol:on the other end of the country. The Namaqua trail can be done from Pofadder up to the Rigtersvelt and it is a nice trail to do. And from there you go to the west coast. If you maybe going via Upington please give me a call at 082 8558 138. I can give you a lot more info and maps one's you are here, where to go and what to do. O yes please do not forget it will be very hot here in January so you can leave your freezer jackets at home.
Eben Pienaar
2.4 Hi Lux 22R 95'
Codan HF radio; Kenwood VHF Hi band; Tait VHF midband; Snorkel; OME suspension; Diff lock on next shortlist. Dis lekker om 'n mens te wees....Jy moet net 'n lekker mens wees

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”