Kilo's per lieter

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Piesang
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: '99 Hilux SRX d/c 4x4

Kilo's per lieter

Post by Piesang »

Die ou glo dat hy sy petrol verbruik met die helfte gesny het.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHAUsGlfbx8&NR=1

Interisant, ek wonder net wat gaan hy doen as sy versekering nie wil uit betaal om dat daar nie 'n spaar wiel in die kar was ten tye van 'n ongelik nie en wat se skade gaan hy aan sy masjien doen met acetone in die petrol?
Last edited by Piesang on Tue May 12, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
Dadz Toy BFI

Re: Hilo's per lieter

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Acetone - not in my lady :thumbdown:
Bfreesani
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Nissan Sani 2.7TD

Re: Kilo's per lieter

Post by Bfreesani »

Acetone and Xylene work great... My diesel runs cooler and I notice more power depending on the diesel I fill up with. Big saving I did see was that after every 25K km I clean or replace injectors and after 85k km, they are spotless and have still not been replaced. The mechanic tells me he has never seen so many KM on those type of injectors and that still look that good. I replaced anyway and now run with that set in my spares bin to be able to replace an injector if something happens in the bush. Nice knowing my habit keeps my injectors clean

Only real problem I have with this habit is the time it takes to measure and mix 1ml acetone and 1.5ml xylene per liter of diesel. What I do is mix with a certain amount of diesel as acetone on it's own starts dissolving your plastics. That is why it gets supplied in a glass bottle.

My2c
Later....
David
Hillbilly
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

As jy op n petrol voertuig tollien , kan nie ont hou hoe spel jy dit nie, 50/50 mix trek hy lekker en is die verbruik baie lekker, sukkel net om te start as dit bietjie koud is :D :D
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Piesang

Post by Piesang »

David dis baie intersant, is daar iemand wat die verhoudings ken vir David se mix op petrol of gaan dit nie werk nie?

Of is dit wat jy bedoel Spartan.

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

Piesang wrote:Of is dit wat jy bedoel Spartan
Nee oom ek sê net wat ons aan gejaag het toe ons appies was :twisted: :twisted: ONDERVINDING
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Groen
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: VW Polo

Post by Groen »

Bfreesani wrote:Acetone and Xylene work great... My diesel runs cooler and I notice more power depending on the diesel I fill up with. Big saving I did see was that after every 25K km I clean or replace injectors and after 85k km, they are spotless and have still not been replaced. The mechanic tells me he has never seen so many KM on those type of injectors and that still look that good. I replaced anyway and now run with that set in my spares bin to be able to replace an injector if something happens in the bush. Nice knowing my habit keeps my injectors clean

Only real problem I have with this habit is the time it takes to measure and mix 1ml acetone and 1.5ml xylene per liter of diesel. What I do is mix with a certain amount of diesel as acetone on it's own starts dissolving your plastics. That is why it gets supplied in a glass bottle.

My2c
You can put Sasol/BP/Mobil out of business with this idea! Maybe Toyota can add a little Acetone and Xylene tank to their vehicles that electronically add the correct amount of Acetone and Xylene! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Groen
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

I believe Xylene to already be a component of automotive fuels. I wonder why they don't add more, if it's that beneficial :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Scooter
Town: JHB
Vehicle: '94 Raider, '05 Vigo 4.0 v6

Post by Scooter »

Mud Dog wrote:I believe Xylene to already be a component of automotive fuels. I wonder why they don't add more, if it's that beneficial :think:
Think about it Andy :wink:

If they add more to make it more beneficial then they would have to charge more to make up the money they lost by people not filling up as much, so either way we lose. :twisted:
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

I thought this was just another stinky diesel additive, then I found this: :confused: :?

Formula #1 - Toluene
R+M/2.........114
Cost...........$2.50/gal

Mixtures with 92 Octane Premium
10%...........94.2 Octane
20%...........96.4 Octane
30%...........98.6 Octane

Notes: Common ingredient in Octane Boosters in a can. 12-16 ounces will only raise octane 2-3 *points*, i.e. from 92 to 92.3. Often costs $3-5 for 12-16 ounces, when it can be purchased for less than $3/gal at chemical supply houses or paint stores.

Formula #2 - Xylene
R+M/2.........117
Cost...........$2.75/gal

10%...........94.5 Octane
20%...........97.0 Octane
30%...........99.5 Octane

Notes: Similar to Toluene. 12-16 ounces will only raise octane 2-3 *points*, i.e. from 92 to 92.3. Usually mixed with Toluene and advertised as *race formula*.

Formula #3 - Methyl-tertiary-butyl-ether (MTBE)
R+M/2.........118
Cost...........$3.50/gal

10%...........94.6 Octane
20%...........97.2 Octane
30%...........99.8 Octane

Notes: Oxygenate. Very common in octane booster products. Has lower BTU content than toluene or xylene, but oxygenate effect makes the gasoline burn better and produce more energy.

Formula #4 - Methanol or Ethanol
R+M/2.........101
Cost...........$0.60 - $1.75/gal

10%...........94.3 Octane (Methanol)
10%...........94.7 Octane (Ethanol)
20%...........Not Recommended

Notes: Methanol is wood alcohol. Ethanol is grain alcohol and found in Gasohol in 10% ratios. Both alcohols are mildly corrosive and will eat gas tank linings, rubber and aluminum if used in excessive ratios. Main ingredient in "Gas Dryers", combine with water.

Formula #5 - Isopropyl Alcohol and Tertiary Butyl Alcohol
R+M/2.........101
Cost...........$0.60-$1.50/gal

10%...........94.5 Octane
20%...........Not Recommended
30%...........Not Recommended

Notes: Similar to Methanol/Ethanol. Isopropyl Alcohol is simply rubbing alcohol.

Sample Mixture
To make your own octane booster, it is easiest to make up a large batch, and then bottle it up in "dosage-size" uses.

Below is the basic formula of one of the popular octane booster products. To make eight 16 ounce bottles (128 oz = 1 gal):

100 oz of toluene for octane boost
25 oz of mineral spirits (cleaning agent)
3 oz of transmission fluid (lubricating agent)
This product is advertised as "octane booster with cleaning agent *and* lubricating agent!". Diesel fuel or kerosene can be substituted for mineral spirits and light turbine oil can be substituted for transmission fluid. Color can be added with petroleum dyes.
Bfreesani
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Bfreesani »

Per liter these two are very expensive, but you can't that much in your fuel any way. I read this up on a website to add 1ml acetone per 10 liter diesel and the xylene at 1,5ml per 10L. I can't find the site that mentions the Xylene and what it was for. But here are some sites with the pro's and con's of Acetone.

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2 ... 9_Acetone/
http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory: ... l_Additive
http://www.gm-diesel.com/diesel/vbull/s ... hp?t=16876
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=121640

I do not take any responsibility for damage to any ones vehicles. I have been doing this for two years now on two engines in my Nissan Sani (85K on the one and 40K on the other) I don't get to it on every tank as sometimes I just forget or can't get to it. Fuel consumption I can't give you figures for, it just looks better on average when I see I can squeeze some extra kilos out the tank.

I have noticed very clean injectors and cooler running EGT. I made a quick R200 splash and dash at the Shell on the corner of Gordon and Ontdekkers road on Tuesday and noticed really bad performance and once my EGT went over 650 when I came up 15th Avenue... I checked for water and found it too be clean. Not sure why Shell fuel would do that, but with 15ml of Acetone mixed into the fuel a tapped off the water trap and dumped back into the tank, I have nearly normal performance again..

You decide
Later....
David
Hillbilly
Bfreesani
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Bfreesani »

And Rich goes and does the technical version :thumbup: .. Thanks, now to find someone to de-sypher it for us :think:
Later....
David
Hillbilly
LouisK
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: 1996 2.8D D/C Raider

Post by LouisK »

Dankie vir al die inligting, ek gaan dit nou try. Volgens hierdie formule kan ek min of meer 1,2 liter acetone by my 120 liter diesel tenk gooi. Klink dit reg??
Piesang

Post by Piesang »

Ek wil nos steeds weet of dit vir petrol masiene ook gaan werk

LouisK
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: 1996 2.8D D/C Raider

Post by LouisK »

Net 'n bietjie terugvoer. Ek het nou reeds vir drie vol tenks diesel, acetone (1 ml per 10 liter) bygevoeg. Vir my bakkie is dit maklik, ek vat 'n inspuiting en spuit 11 ml acetone in nadat ek vol gemaak het. My bakkie het 'n 120 l tenk. My verbruik is nie juis beter nie, maar die bakkie trek BESLIS baie beter. Is die formule reg?...1 ml per tien liter diesel, dit klink baie min. :thumbup:
Piesang

Post by Piesang »

Is die formule reg?...1 ml per tien liter diesel, dit klink baie min.
krag lê nie noodwendig in groote of hoeveelhyd nie, rotgif is maar 1% gif en die res gewone kos wat die rot lok.

Doctor V
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Land Cruiser FJ62 3F

Post by Doctor V »

Ek gaan van nou af moerse borde kos vra - dan weet ek erens in die huis gaan daar `n sak rotgif moet wees! :lol:
'07 D4D Fortuner 4X4, OME with BF AT's
Piesang

Post by Piesang »

Doctor V wrote:Ek gaan van nou af hengse borde kos vra - dan weet ek erens in die huis gaan daar `n sak rotgif moet wees! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

Piesang wrote:Ek wil nos steeds weet of dit vir petrol masiene ook gaan werk
Ja dit werk vir hulle ook.
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Piesang

Post by Piesang »

Waar kry 'n ou Acetone te koop :?:

Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Builders Warehouse ... passop vir die dames wat 'n lift vra nadat hulle jou bakkie gewas het (volgens Snipes) :D: :wink:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Flying Hilux
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Swellendam
Vehicle: '91 Hilux D/C OME 33'BF Muds '06 2.7VVT-i SRX 4x4 S/C SAC Chipped Freeflow

Post by Flying Hilux »

Jis Manne

Julle kan Acetone of Toluene kry by Cape Town Chemicals. Hoeveel km/l kry julle?
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

This is from another website...

The engine-research centre of a well known German car manufacurer has conducted some long term tests of diesel additives to find out whether any one of them will have an impact on the long term reliability of the diesel engine components. This introduction to explain were my information comes from.
The results of this research: any diesel additive of any manufacturer presently on the market is not worth the money!
BUT: 2-stroke oil, which we use in our motor saws, lawn mower or in 2-stroke motor engines has shown to have an extreme positive impact on diesel engines, if such 2-stroke oil is added to the diesel in a homoeophatic dosis of 1:200. In practical terms: 0,300 litre of 2-stroke oil into the 70l diesel tank. The 2-stroke oil will be absorbed by the diesel (emulsion) and grease every moving part of the high pressure pump and the injectors.
Besides this, the 2-stroke oil will keep the diesel engine clean, as it burnes cleaner as the diesel itself.
In other words, the 2-stroke oil has a much lower ash-content as diesel, when burned. This proven fact delays the DPF (diesel particulate (soot) filter) to clogg, and the "burn free" process of the DPF will be much less.
One more information: in Germany we have to present our cars every 2 years to the TUV -Technical Supervision Organisation - who will check, amongs others, the pollution of petrol and diesel engines.
The measured cloud-factor of a diesel engine without use of 2-stroke oil has been 0,95.
The same factor with the use of 2-stroke oil has been 0,47 - reduction of nearly half of the soot particles.
Besides this, the use of 2-stroke oil in the diesel will increase the milage by 3-5%.

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”