Hilux 2006 D-4D

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Kiggs
Town: Kampala
Vehicle: Hilux 2006

Hilux 2006 D-4D

Post by Kiggs »

Hello All,
I am a new Hilux owner, but an old toyota owner (having had a Levin and two old landcruisers before).
I just imported a 2006 Hilux 2.5 Diesel D-4D double cabin.
It came with no manuals so I can do no reading on it and I have searched the net and cannot find a site on it.

On the back it says Hilux 2.5 CS. I know its a Diesel and it is also an Automatic.

Can someone help me with the following questions
1) is there a site where I an download an owner's manual
2) Is there a "Toyota" site where I can enter a Chasis Number and get the details on the car (e.g. confirm it is 2006 and not 2005)
3) Does this model have a Turbo?
4) There is "turbo timer" switch on the lower right off of the steering column (near where to "bonnet open" and "fuel open" toggles are) but it seems not to be activated. If this car does have a turbo, how do I activiate the timer switch?
5) The automatic gear say D-D3 (after P and N) instead of just D. Does this mean it only has 3 forward gears? Would have thought a car such as this would have atleast 4 or 5 forward gears.
6) The roads here are exptreemely pot holed and recetly the battery terminal disconnected. I stopped and locked the car. Ten when I tried to start I noticed no lights. I reconnected the terminal but then the double indicators came on and would not go of for about 15 - 20 minutes. Why is this? How do I stop it in future?
7) I noticed that Toyota South Africa has a Hilux SRX double cabin, how does this compare to the CS I have?
8) Anyone know a link on the web to this particular model (CS) ?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Kiggs
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Re: Hilux 2006 D-4D

Post by BenHur »

Hi Kiggs

Welcome to the forum.

It seems like you have a lot of questions :wink: SO let me first start with a few questions for you.

What is the vehicle's country of origin as the model you mentioned (2.5CS) is unfamiliar to us. I presume the D4-D is similar to ours. Maybe the guys here with the 2.5 D4Ds will be able to shed more light on the turbo saver issue. Our model does have a inter cooled turbo

Post a few pics of your ride :wink:

When you say the gearlever is marked D-D3 what are the markings exactly. My Camry is marked L, 2 and D but it does in fact have a overdrive effectively giving it 4 gears forward, so L will lock it in 1st, 2 will allow it to only switch between 1 and 2, D will allow all 4 gears to be selected except if you press the Over Drive Off button in which case the gearbox will be prevented to go into 4th.
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Hi Kiggs

Welcome to the forum.

What is the vehicle's country of origin as the model you mentioned (2.5CS) is unfamiliar to us. I presume the D4-D is similar to ours. Maybe the guys here with the 2.5 D4Ds will be able to shed more light on the turbo saver issue. Our model does have a inter cooled turbo
I found one on the internet. Think it is in Spain. Cannot see any specs, so I can't say that it has an intercooler, but it does indeed have a turbo. In SA we do not have the turbo timer switch, so I cannot comment on that. I always idle my engine for a minute or two after a drive.

Bennie, in SA the 2.5 does not have an intercooler, in other markets it does come factory fitted though, out of SA :evil: :!:

On the auto gearbox I cannot comment.

The battery connection that came loose on your vehicle might only be that it is not tightened enough.
It has not happened to me yet. I'm a farmer and drive on gravel roads weekly.

Is there not a dealership near you that you can maybe request an owners manual from?

Please post a few pic's of your vehicle.
ImageImage
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

ToyX4 wrote: Bennie, in SA the 2.5 does not have an intercooler, in other markets it does come factory fitted though, out of SA :evil: :!:
Oh I saw this on the Toy SA website:
http://www.toyota.co.za/ wrote:
- Powerful, intercooled, turbo charged common rail diesel engine.
- 5-year/90 000km ToyotaCare Service Plan.
- 10 000km service intervals - no interim oil changes.
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by ToyX4 »

Bennie. I'm almost 100% certain that is a mistake!
I know there is some changes to the new models, but I believe the intercooler was not introduced on the 2.5.
Except if its a secret, but the power and torque on the new model is exactly the same as on my 2005 model.

There are two different 2.5 D4D's though, one has 75kw/200NM, and the other 75kw/260Nm. The latter is the 2.5D4D Hi (high output) as fitted to the raised body SRX models. Its just a change to the ECU that produces the higher torque figure, and not an intercooler.

BTW, the 2.5 intercooled version which is available in other markets produce 96kw/315Nm. Almost similar to the KZ-TE if I recall correctly.
ImageImage
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

ToyX4 wrote:BTW, the 2.5 intercooled version which is available in other markets produce 96kw/315Nm. Almost similar to the KZ-TE if I recall correctly
Riaan, specs for KZ:

Power Output 85kw@3600
Torque 315nm@2000
Niel

Post by Niel »

ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by ToyX4 »

Dis baie naby aan mekaar, Niel.

Dankie vir daai link.
ImageImage
Niel

Post by Niel »

Enige tyd jy is mos n WP en Stormers man al sit jy in die verre :)
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by ToyX4 »

Inderdaad. As die "bennie-bug" my net met rus wil laat!

Ek gaan vir F_D omkoop vir sy password, sodat ek die "WP-bug" op Bennie kan loslaat :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Niel

Post by Niel »

Nou praat jy, Bennie sal moet keer so al wat hy wert is. :)

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”