Fortuner D-4D 3.0 Auto - DUal Zone A/C or not really?

You can ask your Fortuner related questions here. Also feel free to show us the modifications you did on your vehicle.
WildWill
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 3.0 D-4D 2X4 Manual Fortuner

Fortuner D-4D 3.0 Auto - DUal Zone A/C or not really?

Post by WildWill »

Hi

Is the airconditioner unit in the Fortuner D-4D Auto really a "Climate Control" unit, where two different zones(front left and front right) can be maintained at different aircon settings in the car? Somehow when I looked at this feature it seemed to be just a single aircon unit with one setting for the entire front of the car...I do understadn that the rear system is operated seperately...or is that what is referred to as the "slipt" system?
Blackadder
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D, Ironman Bumper, OME, Dual Battery, BFG'S, TJM Snorkel, Navstar 220 29mhz radio, LAS Pro Rear Bumper, Frontrunner Roofrack
Club VHF Licence: X82

Re: Fortuner D-4D 3.0 Auto - DUal Zone A/C or not really?

Post by Blackadder »

The only settings you can change in the rear is ON/Off and the air flow. Other than that it's pretty much up to what you do in the front. Temp stays the same. Definitely not climate control and definitely not able to set left and right independently. This is pre-facelift. I'm not sure if it changed with the later models.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

WildWill wrote:Hi

Is the airconditioner unit in the Fortuner D-4D Auto really a "Climate Control" unit, where two different zones(front left and front right) can be maintained at different aircon settings in the car? Somehow when I looked at this feature it seemed to be just a single aircon unit with one setting for the entire front of the car...I do understadn that the rear system is operated seperately...or is that what is referred to as the "slipt" system?
On the new 'facelift' it does NOT work independently.
observer
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D 4x4

Post by observer »

The new model does have climate control (set a temp and the AC cools down to that) but it does not have independent heating/cooling for L and R.

Return to “Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Forum”