New shocks for 2006 Fortuner

You can ask your Fortuner related questions here. Also feel free to show us the modifications you did on your vehicle.
ronnie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Totota Fortuner 2006 4.0 V6 4x4; Long Range fuel tank; AmadaXtreme suspension; C-Tek D250S dual battery system
Club VHF Licence: HC 141

New shocks for 2006 Fortuner

Post by ronnie »

I have a 2006 4.0 4x4 and I have the feeling that at 111 000km it still has its original shocks. It has not done much hectic offroad driving but I think it is about time to change. I know the question of which shocks and suspension has been asked many times but here is the catch, I don't want to change springs so I need standard length shocks. I will likely add air springs to the back at the same time.

So if I need standard length shocks, which way do I go. I understand that many aftermarket shocks are not for standard length springs.

Thanks
Mikem1
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: JHB
Vehicle: Isuzu 3.0 D-tec

Re: New shocks for 2006 Fortuner

Post by Mikem1 »

Hi Ronnie.
I would suggest you upgrade to a set of Bilstein shocks which are std length monotube gas units.
These shocks are fully serviceable and work very well.
The rear coils I would replace with a set of progressive rear coils std ride height which would work better than the airbags in my opinion as the vehicle would drive softer unladen and also carry the load when needed as the coil deflects so the rate increases.

The Bilstein is a high performance shock and works very well on and off road.

Regards
Darrell
Mikem Suspensions
011 493 5181

Return to “Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Forum”