Cleaning Fortuner Leather Upholstery

You can ask your Fortuner related questions here. Also feel free to show us the modifications you did on your vehicle.
WildWill
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 3.0 D-4D 2X4 Manual Fortuner

Cleaning Fortuner Leather Upholstery

Post by WildWill »

I think we all agree that the light cream tan colour of the earlier Fortuner upholstery is a sin. Does anyone have any handy tips on how to clean the leather without causing it to loose quality? I have been using the old "cloth-and-soap" routine, and then nourishing the leather with a BMW leather cream, but I also hear that a mix of water and a cup of paraffin does a good job...???

Any advise on what to use to clean the leather best?
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: Cleaning Fortuner Leather Upholstery

Post by OOOOMS »

'Sin' is a mild word. Use seat covers and all you have to warry about are the arm rest panels.

We got stuck in Moz 4 9 hours in mud. Had 2 recover 4 other vehicles(u heard of cotton mud?) I was in and out the Tuns 50 times+............................. wet wipes sorta worked as it was all we had. When we got home foam soap and a nail brush and a sun-tan!
Attachments
IMG_4202 (Small).JPG
IMG_4202 (Small).JPG (44.99 KiB) Viewed 2326 times
tp007
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Toyota Fortuner

Post by tp007 »

WildWill wrote:I think we all agree that the light cream tan colour of the earlier Fortuner upholstery is a sin. Does anyone have any handy tips on how to clean the leather without causing it to loose quality? I have been using the old "cloth-and-soap" routine, and then nourishing the leather with a BMW leather cream, but I also hear that a mix of water and a cup of paraffin does a good job...???

Any advise on what to use to clean the leather best?
Yippee, good to see there are other Fortuner owners as well...

I cleaned it once with wetwipes and found that a white-ish coulor came off the seats, so try to avoid that. I take the car to be washed outside only, as the light interior ended up more dirty after they "cleaned" it at the carwash. I use clean soft cloth, clean water and elbow grease... That worked up to now.

I got a set of Toyota carpets and rubber mats on top of that. The rubber mats is much easier to shake out and clean than the carpets. You can buy extra rubber mats at any P&P hypermarket at around R20-R30 each...
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

I worked at Merc many years ago, an appy knows how to stain seats!

We used Cleen Green on all seats and carpets, i use it to this day.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

On my first BMW I had an issue with white marks on my black leather and BMW referred me to Leathertek n Pretoria North. They cleaned my seats and I have been using their leather treatment on all my cars and even on my lounge suite since.

http://www.leathertek.co.za/

I see theu have a branch in Cape Town too

Return to “Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Forum”