Surf Accessories

You can ask your Surf and 4Runner related questions here. Also feel free to show us the modifications you did on your vehicle.
chopper

Surf Accessories

Post by chopper »

Thinking of getting an after-market BB, rear-bumper/tow-bar with spare-wheel carrier, snorkel and a RR for a 2000 Surf. I know the Surf is based on the Prado 90 Series chassis but that's where my knowledge stops :wth:
How does 1 tackle such a project, where & how does 1 start :?:
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: Surf Accessories

Post by CasKru »

chopper wrote:Thinking of getting an after-market BB, rear-bumper/tow-bar with spare-wheel carrier, snorkel and a RR for a 2000 Surf. I know the Surf is based on the Prado 90 Series chassis but that's where my knowledge stops :wth:
How does 1 tackle such a project, where & how does 1 start :?:
Is jy seker oor daai een... Sover ek weet is hy op die Hilux chassis :eh: :eh:
To God be the glory
chopper

Post by chopper »

Cassie,
Ek weet nie - 1 vd manne by Megaworld 4x4 en/of by Safari 4x4 Centre het die brokkie info met my gedeel. Dit lyk of ons al reg-gekom het met die BB en snorkel
witmamba
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Sasolburg
Vehicle: D4D 4x4 Lux + D4D 4x4 Tuna

Post by witmamba »

Die nuwer Surf is wel gebou op die Prado chassis, en die ouer een op die Hilux s'n.
Life only starts . . . . where comfortlevels end
chopper

Post by chopper »

Wanneer het die verandering plaasgevind - modelgewys :?:
Baie dankie
Blackadder
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D, Ironman Bumper, OME, Dual Battery, BFG'S, TJM Snorkel, Navstar 220 29mhz radio, LAS Pro Rear Bumper, Frontrunner Roofrack
Club VHF Licence: X82

Post by Blackadder »

chopper wrote:Wanneer het die verandering plaasgevind - modelgewys :?:
Baie dankie
First generation (1984–1989)

Instead of developing an entirely new model, Toyota took the existing Hilux with short-bed pickup body, made some simple modifications, and added a removable fiberglass top to form the Hilux Surf.

Second generation (1989–1995)

For 1989 (MY 1990) the Surf continued its reliance on the Hilux pickup - as the pickup was redesigned, the surf followed. It remained virtually identical to the Hilux from the 'B' pillars forward, but this time gained a full steel integrated body in place of the prior fiberglass cap. It also gained an all new coil sprung rear suspension system, which unfortunately proved to be just as prone to sagging as the leaf springs on the rear of the previous models.

Third generation (1995–2002)

For 1995 (MY 1996) the Surf got an all-new body shell on an all-new chassis. This time, it shared virtually nothing with the pickup it had originally evolved from, and had more in common with the Land Cruiser, as it shared its chassis with that of the LWB Land Cruiser Prado.

Fourth generation (2002–2009)

The fourth generation Surf incorporated serious changes to the chassis and body of the vehicle but was targeted at approximately the same demographics as the third generation. The updated Surf looks very different from the older Surfs, but it was designed to the same criteria as a mid-size, quasi-luxury, off-road vehicle. It continues to share most of its underpinnings with the Land Cruiser Prado of similar age.

Wiki wiki.....

Lyk my joune sal daar inval by die derde generasie op die Prado onderstel...
chopper

Post by chopper »

Thinus,
Baie dankie - dit behoort dan die Prado 90 Series te wees, glo ek?
Blackadder
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D, Ironman Bumper, OME, Dual Battery, BFG'S, TJM Snorkel, Navstar 220 29mhz radio, LAS Pro Rear Bumper, Frontrunner Roofrack
Club VHF Licence: X82

Post by Blackadder »

Ek dink so ja. Die 90 Series was daai selfde jare in produksie.
chopper

Post by chopper »

Thanx Thinus :thumbup:
Reef Inmate
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Kasane
Vehicle: None

Post by Reef Inmate »

I see this quite an old post. According to Toyodiy.com the chassis part number for the 2000 4Runner/Surf is 51002-3G101 and does not cross reference to any other vehicle. I have found many parts that are shared on both vehicles but not the chassis.
Did you find anything for the car that was the same as a Prado?
Leigh van Zyl
Kasane
Botswana
Hiluxsurf786
Town: Capetown
Vehicle: Toyota hilux surf v6

Post by Hiluxsurf786 »

Hi All,I have a 3l v6 petrol motor to sell or swop?

I also have a rear window glass (tailgate moves up &down in the frame)for a 1998 model surf suv I would like to sell or swop for a 1995 model surf.rear glass window.
Contact no.is 076 033 4452
What's app no. 0836850096

Thanks!

Return to “Toyota Surf & 4Runner”