Hilux Surf front and rear bumper

You can ask your Surf and 4Runner related questions here. Also feel free to show us the modifications you did on your vehicle.
JoaoVr
Town: Maputo
Vehicle: Hilux Surf

Hilux Surf front and rear bumper

Post by JoaoVr »

Hey Guys,

I got a Hilux Surf from Japan but I would really like to take those bumper off (I dont like that tunning) and put new metal ones (ARB Style - but cheaper)

Where I can find some cheap "arb-look-a-like" new bumpers? Any shop you would like to recomend?

Regards from Mozambique
Attachments
back
back
front
front
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: Hilux Surf front and rear bumper

Post by Family_Dog »

Now that is a vehicle that I would be proud to own! What year is it?

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

JoaoVr
Town: Maputo
Vehicle: Hilux Surf

Post by JoaoVr »

It´s 1998. 130 000kms on it. Its 3.0 diesel intercooler. The previous owner took really good care of it..
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome Joao! :thumbup:

A steel ARB type bumper for the front should not be too much of a problem with the lines of your vehicle, but I think you would be better off having a custom one made up for the rear. A additional benefit of a custom unit is that you can style it as you wish and fit swing-arm spare wheel carriers, etc.

Personally I would go custom for both front and rear without cutting the existing plastic units and keep those aside for if ever you want to sell the vehicle - it's a more attractive proposition for a would-be buyer to have the option of re-fitting the originals.

;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
chopper

Post by chopper »

My son "inherited" my Surf for a while and had an after-market BB fitted (Centurion) at a very reasonable price, the towbar/bumper unit he designed and manufactured himself - not impressive ito looks but very functional :thumbup:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

The way the rear valence wraps around so broadly to the rear wheels means that one would have to fashion the replacement steel on similarly, just not so broad. The challenge would be the 'step-down cutaway' at the rear hatch ... no train smash, just a little more work.

I would also remove those bulky side-steps as well and replace with body-hugging sliders that provide some more clearance. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “Toyota Surf & 4Runner”