Lockable Revolver Shackles used on my Hilux pic's

Discuss modifications on your 1979 to late 1998 SFA 4x4 Hilux here.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Lockable Revolver Shackles used on my Hilux pic's

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

What an awesome mod this was to my Hilux, these revolver shackles are much better than extended shackles, they have a rin that can easily be romoved and then the shackle can open or close as required, and an added advantage is the double twist action o0f the shackle, this double twist prevents the spring blades from been damaged when they are under extreme flex. They are also fully greasable, but you have to fit measure the width of the hanger that is welded to the under side of the chassis before you just buy a pair of these shackles, some of the hanger brackets will not work, but the supplier of these brackets can also supply you nwith a new bracket that you will have to weld in place yourself once you have removed the old bracket (tough job to remove the old bracket from the chassis)

1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
pampoen
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Gordons Bay
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux DC 3.0 D4D

Re: Lockable Revolver Shackles used on my Hilux pic's

Post by pampoen »

Where did you get these man?and how much were they.
With each replacement of parts, a car slowly becomes Chinese.
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Would also like to know?! What chassi is the one in the pic and did it need new mounting points?
To God be the glory
SYRON CONVERSIONS
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

We bought these revolver shackles a few years back, maybe three years ago from a company in Australia called
Superior Engineering, Michael the owner of this company also has his own Hilux vehicles that he has modified, they supply a lot of mods for our vehicle's, you can buy cross over steering units, leaf spring lift kits, rear brake disc systems (not sure if they are available yet) I think their web address is http://www.superiorengineering.co.au (try that).

I had to use their mounting brackets, I think that there is a difference with the width of the single cab Hilux to the double cab Hilux shackle hangers, thus if your Hilux has OME springs fitted, you will have to tell him the with of the main blade before you order the revolver shackles from Michael.

The chassis in the pic is from my single cab Hilux and yes these are the new brackets that I had to fit, if you look at the pic, you will see that I first welded a flat thick plate to the chassis to get a nice flat finish for the mounting of the new hanger.

When we bought them, they cost us about R3 600. a pair, this included freight and import duties.

They have not given me any problems, they are awesome, I would say even better than a locker at the rear. The more the wheels are on the ground, the more traction.
Last edited by SYRON CONVERSIONS on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Thanks for the info
To God be the glory

Return to “1979 to early 1998 Hilux (Gen 3&4 aka SFA 4x4)”