BODY LIFT

Discuss modifications on your 1979 to late 1998 SFA 4x4 Hilux here.
Town: Paarl
Vehicle: 1985 Hilux 1y

BODY LIFT

Post by 11111 »

HY OUENS EK HET DIE HILUX GOEDKOOP OPGETEL EN WIL DIT 'n BIETJIE MOOI MAAT EN 'n BODY LIFT DOEN MET 'n PAAR 30" SKOENE DINK JULLE EK IS MAL OF KAN DIT GEDOEN WORD. :? EK WIL NIE MET DIE OU GAAN 4X4 NIE NET SO BIETJIE GROND PAD RY.
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: BODY LIFT

Post by CasKru »

Welkom Bertus. Ek is seker daarvan iemand op die forum sal vir jou weise raad kan gee maar daai iemand issie ek nie.

Hoop jy geniet die forum
To God be the glory
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Hou hom maar plat op die grond. Die bodylift en bande idee sal meer kos as die bakkie.

Maar as jy WIL, kan jy seker. Ek sal net veel eerder 'n lekker 4x4 aanbeveel.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Just lift the cab by 65mm, forget about the loadbody, does not matter if it lines up or not, fit some 31" x 10.5 x 15 inch tyres, just one thing, I cannot see in the pic propely, is this bakkie a 2wd, if so, it will have 5 holes in each rim, thus maybe it can only have 14" tyres, but if you do go for bigger tyres, you will have to buy new rims and 15" rims will stuff around with your revs and speed, but if it is a 4x4 model, then you can also consider 33" x 12.50 x 15" tyres, you might then have to cut or knock the metal behind the front wheels back, some wheel spacers and some wider fender flares would also have to be fitted depending on which tyres you fit, will determine the thickness of the spaces. Then you will have to raise the load body as well and sort out the fuel tank pipes, maybe the tail light wiring as well, remember if you lift the cab, you will have to sort out the steering wheel rod as well, I am not sure what this model has at the steering at the splines, the aircleaner will also have to be changed as well as the radiator cowling, you might be able to lift the radiator higher.

There are other factors to change as well, gearlevers, handbrake cables, battery cables,

Thus think carefully before you do anything, is it really worth all this effort and expense and remember that you will not get your money back once you have spent it on this vehicle, but hell if you want to do it, then do so and enjoy the sad and happy times doing the mods. 8) :wink: :!:
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2006 Hilux DC V6 Auto 4x4 Oldman Emu suspension

Post by Cookie Monster »

Hi Bertus

Welcome to the forum 8) By the look of the photo you have a very trusty old work horse. However she is only 2wheel drive though but for what you want that should not be a problem. As Simon say you must remember what ever you do to her you will not get your money back for these mods you are wanting to do.

Lifting the back of the van is easy all you have to do is get lifted leaf springs the front will be a little more difficult as she has torsion bars so I would sugest going around to your local spring and suspention shop and have the guys look at it you may be able to get a replacement torsion bar which will give you extra lift up front. I wouldnt go any bigger than 30's when it comes to tyres so you would have to change your wheels to 15 inch as well to fit the tyres. If at a later stage you want to get a bit more lift out of her you could then consider a body lift.
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light
Town: Paarl
Vehicle: 1985 Hilux 1y

Post by 11111 »

Dankie vir die response, ‘n ou vra maar rond en hoor wat almal se en maak dan ‘n besluit. Dis net ‘n 2 wiel trek 1600 1y enjin met die 4 spoed column shift en het op die oomblik 14” s op. Op die oomblik trek ek weg in tweede so ek gebruik net drie ratte. Die klok is 140 afgemerk maar hy hardloop nog 160. Nou se die bande ouens vir my as ek groter bande wil op sit sal ek die bakkie moet stoot om weg te kom. Spoed is nie so belangrik nie as ek so 120 kan ry is dit fine. ‘n Mens wil in elk geval nie die bakkie vermoor nie. Ek het so gedink, lig die suspensie 65mm op die torsion bars se splins en extensions op die agter verre met 7j wit epoxys 5 gat en 30”x9.5”x15” MT’s. Dan behoort my bakkie soos die sun rise bakkies te lyk. :?
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Bertus

Ek het lank gelede by die werk 'n leen bakkie gery terwyl myne vir hestel was.

Dit was 'n Isuzu KB 230 en sy wiele was op 'n tyd afgesteel en is toe vervang met 'n stel 30”x9.5”x15s. Daai bakkie het maar swaer geleef met die groot wiele. Alhoewel hy met sy stock 14" bakkie wiele ook maklik in 2de kon wegtrek as hy nie vrag gedra het nie, moes jy maar hard op die clutch staat gemaak het om hom aan die loop te kry met daai groot wiele even met die groter 2.3 majien. Ek dink daai 1y van jou gaan dalk swaar leef met 30s op as jy nie jou diff ratio aanpas nie.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Yes I agree the diff ratios will be out, do a body lift like I said.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan

Return to “1979 to early 1998 Hilux (Gen 3&4 aka SFA 4x4)”