correct distributor

Discuss modifications on your 1979 to late 1998 SFA 4x4 Hilux here.
dustbuster
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Richards Bay
Vehicle: Rebuilding 91 D/C Hilux Mboza Body, OME 4Y EFI, & 91 S/C 4Y Hilux

correct distributor

Post by dustbuster »

Howzit,

Can you please help out, I am moving away from Gotech and redoing my EFI properly now for my rebuild as the previous owner bid a terrible job, I am moving over to Dictator and see on the threads at the moment that you need a duel mag pick up on the distributor I think I have a signal not to clued up on how it all works so have to do some reading up on it. If it is the wrong one how hard is it to find the correct one? And where can you source them wonder if I can get it in Durban or Richards bay.

Finally got a call from Steve at Mboza and going to take my chassis to him to fit the cab on next week so the games begin once again

Here is a pic of mine at the moment
IMG-20120209-00086 (Medium).jpg
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Re: correct distributor

Post by Mr_B »

Dean, your distributor is a modified single pickup version. Basic the original vac advance unit that's been tweaked to work. This unit may well work fine with the dicktator, with a magnetic adapter attached to the output. But I'd still say get the 3YE dissi, because the signal voltage is double that of the single pickup. This doubled up voltage means easier starting in cold condition and when the battery's a bit flat.

All the info on the correct 3YE dissi is here: http://hilux4x4.co.za/views/viewtopic.p ... 3&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “1979 to early 1998 Hilux (Gen 3&4 aka SFA 4x4)”